Educational

Author Topic: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything  (Read 53955 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2006, 02:00:28 PM »
are you at all jealous that fluorescent is now stalking HG.  But seems to be keeping you on the line, like its a favor or something?

I find it more humorous than anything.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »
Carla, did you ever complain?

is fluorescent seeing his own version of reality again?

I never complained, I've just made jokes about it...so, yes he is.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »
If some one keeps bringing up an issue, its sounds like complaining to me.  I don;t mind, because she needs to tell me if something bother;s her. One more thing, she is very compassionate. Nomaken, I already know about Sean, and I am fine being just friends.

I owe her a question.  This is my way of not looking like a thread hijacker.

Has your computer ever got a virus on it?

My computer was recently filled with viruses, but I think they're all gone now...though my virus scan keeps mentioning something about a bad file and won't tell me which one it is.  ::)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »
If AS unity could become a reality.
and
All the AS people around the world were completely pissed off at their collective social situations.

what do you think should be the first item of business for AS advocasy?
and why is that important to you?

sorry, no softball this time.  i have heard dunc's plea and i am responding in kind.
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »

Do you agree we both stalk, and there is no reason to argue over this?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2006, 02:26:47 PM »
i stalk.

my favorite two posters to stalk are purposefulinsanity and peter mackenzie.

can you see the distinction there?  how i stalk posters, you stalk pretty girls?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2006, 02:32:53 PM »
and
All the AS people around the world were completely pissed off at their collective social situations.

sorry, no softball this time.  i have heard dunc's plea and i am responding in kind.

I've been giving this a lot of thought for some time now. I think the biggest problem is that so many aspies/HFA's keep their diagnosis a secret, myself included (I've told very few people). The first step towards advocasy, IMO, is spreading awareness of AS/HFA. Even though AS and similar disorders are becoming more well known, people still have misconceptions about autism (i.e. "people with autism can't talk). What needs to be understood is that it's a spectrum disorder and people who have it function at different levels.Teachers need to understand that just because a child does well academically does NOT mean that they don't have a disorder. I didn't get an IEP until I was a junior in high school, because the school district I was in before that refused to refer me to the child study team due to my academic performance in school. So, the first step is letting people we have the disorder (which I've gotten the impression you've done already, but it's important that more people do this) and explaining what is is and how it affects us. Purchasing one of the aspie shirts could help too, because wearing it around could spark people to ask questions.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2006, 02:37:50 PM »

Do you agree we both stalk, and there is no reason to argue over this?

You're the one who's arguing. All I did was make jokes about you stalking me, and I've joked about stalking other people before, so I don't see what the problem is.

To explain further, when I say I "stalk" people, it means that if I see certain people posted somewhere, I'll read it and maybe respond to it. There are a lot of people who fascinate me, so I enjoy doing this.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »
and

sorry, no softball this time.? i have heard dunc's plea and i am responding in kind.

I've been giving this a lot of thought for some time now. I think the biggest problem is that so many aspies/HFA's keep their diagnosis a secret, myself included (I've told very few people). The first step towards advocasy, IMO, is spreading awareness of AS/HFA. Even though AS and similar disorders are becoming more well known, people still have misconceptions about autism (i.e. "people with autism can't talk). What needs to be understood is that it's a spectrum disorder and people who have it function at different levels.Teachers need to understand that just because a child does well academically does NOT mean that they don't have a disorder. I didn't get an IEP until I was a junior in high school, because the school district I was in before that refused to refer me to the child study team due to my academic performance in school. So, the first step is letting people we have the disorder (which I've gotten the impression you've done already, but it's important that more people do this) and explaining what is is and how it affects us. Purchasing one of the aspie shirts could help too, because wearing it around could spark people to ask questions.

AWARENESS FIRST!

good reply, IMO.

do you think that peddling our wares* to Oprah Winfrey would be a good idea?

*not t-shirts or sellable goods but the AS story/ and community.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »
everybody likes chips and dips.

what is your favorite combination of chips and dip?
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »
what is the happiest moment that you have had in your life thus far?

if you could have one wish become reality what would make you the happiest then?
please explain why?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2006, 11:06:51 PM »
and

AWARENESS FIRST!

good reply, IMO.

do you think that peddling our wares* to Oprah Winfrey would be a good idea?

*not t-shirts or sellable goods but the AS story/ and community.

Heck yeah. I love Oprah Winfrey.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »
everybody likes chips and dips.

what is your favorite combination of chips and dip?

Not me, I like chips (had some today actually), but not dip. I'm very picky. I kind of like salsa though, if that counts as dip...but nachos taste better without it IMO.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2006, 12:44:14 AM »
what is the happiest moment that you have had in your life thus far?

if you could have one wish become reality what would make you the happiest then?
please explain why?

My happiest moment would probably have something to do with music (i.e. when I'm singing onstage or at a concert).

If I could have one wish become reality it would be to become a professional singer. It would make me happiest, because:

A) I would be paid to do something I love.
B) I could help my family out financialy.
C) I would use a good portion of the money for helping others. If I were to ever become rich, I would find it much more rewarding to do this than to buy a ridiculously large mansion that could appear on MTV Cribs and own fancy cars. I'd rather have a house that was just big enough and a more humble (but reliable) car. I don't see the point in having all that if I'm rarely going to be home anyway due to my job.  ::)
D)I could become a spokesperson for AS! We need one.
E) I would be able to travel to all the places I've dreamed of travelling to.

I could probably think of a lot more reasons, but those are the main ones.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2006, 12:53:42 AM »
Do you like peanut butter?
and if so, crunchy or creamy?
Misunderstood.