Author Topic: I'm an uncle.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
I'm an uncle.
« on: May 08, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »
My sister gave birth today.  Seems I'm going to have the job of 'crazy uncle' now, and will have to practice my embarrassing behaviours (my sister finds me quite embarrassing already for not being as wonderfully successful as she is).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I'm an uncle.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:44:34 AM »
Congratulations!  I hope you enjoy the role of crazy uncle.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:51:15 AM »
Hey look,  its Uncle Peter!  :P

DONKEY!

peegai

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
Heh, my niece loves my crazy dancing. :P

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 12:46:23 PM »
 Congratulations Peter.  :)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »
My sister gave birth today.? Seems I'm going to have the job of 'crazy uncle' now, and will have to practice my embarrassing behaviours (my sister finds me quite embarrassing already for not being as wonderfully successful as she is).

Cogratulations. Boy or girl?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Eamonn

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »
My sister gave birth today.  Seems I'm going to have the job of 'crazy uncle' now, and will have to practice my embarrassing behaviours (my sister finds me quite embarrassing already for not being as wonderfully successful as she is).

Peters a boy. Congratulations Pete, i just became an uncle recently too.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 02:31:15 PM »
congrats, peter.

i stopped wearing my hair in bunchies when i first became a aunt (about 1973).  will you be doing the same?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »

Peters a boy. Congratulations Pete, i just became an uncle recently too.

Er... yes, thanks for that Eamonn, and congratulations on your uncledom too.  The baby's a boy, so I guess that means it'll shit and stink extra or something. 

congrats, peter.

i stopped wearing my hair in bunchies when i first became a aunt (about 1973). will you be doing the same?

Did you miss the part about being an embarrassing uncle?  Maybe I'll take to dressing in full drag when visiting, and definately if I ever have to collect it from school or something.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 02:35:45 PM »
COOL!  squillions of points for that.

i am known as "Auntie Fuck Off" by my older niece and nephew (in their 30s, now), and "Auntie Witch" by the most recent (two and a half).  i expect that says something about embarrassing/weird aunts...

Eamonn

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
COOL!  squillions of points for that.

i am known as "Auntie Fuck Off" by my older niece and nephew (in their 30s, now), and "Auntie Witch" by the most recent (two and a half).  i expect that says something about embarrassing/weird aunts...

Funny, that's what i know you as too. :P

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
my long lost nephew! 

i'm welling up, here.

Eamonn

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 04:03:51 PM »
my long lost nephew! 

i'm welling up, here.

She's lying, people, i never even layed a finger on her much less hit her, oh you said "welling up" i thought you said 'swelling up' for a second there.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »
good job peter, i am proud of you.
um, i mean, tell your brother in law that i am proud of him.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »
good job peter, i am proud of you.
um, i mean, tell your brother in law that i am proud of him.

I'll pass on the word that he's to keep things up, so to speak.