Educational

Author Topic: The Biggest Problems of this World  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Markie

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Organization for Animal Dignity
The Biggest Problems of this World
« on: June 16, 2007, 04:33:58 AM »
Hi all,

This post is probably going to fuck up this forum for me because it will most likely lead to a massive flame war. Especially my views about what's going on in the middle east with Israel and Arabs / Islam. But what ta fuck. This shit's been burning on my mind and pissing me off for a long time now. And if there is a place to discuss it, it's probably here. So here goes:

I wonder what others, especially with AS perceive as the biggest problems of our world, the planet we live on.
Here's what I currently think the biggest problems are:

#1.) Lack of a Just Government System
There is no just system to govern or manage humans. We have (or would have) systems to manage horses, pigs, cattle, etc. justly in farming, assuring they all get what they need to survive, food, water, a place to sleep, etc.
Not so for ourselves though. Dictatorship or communism is obviously not just. But neither is democracy and capitalism. Even in a direct democracy such as in Switzerland, where people get to vote about a lot of things, a MAJORITY decides and rules. That's not totally different than a dictatorship. Instead of one single dictator, it's just a majority of people who are the dictators. Admittedly, that's usually much better, but it's not just. At least certainly not for the minorities. Because the minorities will simply be overruled and their rights and interests ignored and trampled when they conflict with the interests of the majority.

#2.) Overpopulation
The massive overpopulation of the human races is DIRECTLY responsible for (all) wars and the damages to the environment. It's all about resources. Too many people and they will fight over resources (WW1, WW2, Israel, Iraq, etc.). Too many people and they will steal the resources from each other and destroy the natural resources such as clean air, enough food, water, land, forests, the oceans, etc.
I was going to mention overpopulation as the number one problem of humanity and this world, which it really is, but then I believe the only way to control our birth rate is by solving the problem of a just government system. Why? Simple: Because a just government system would assure wealth for everyone. Wealth for everyone leads to a strong decline in reproduction as can be seen by the birth rates of the wealthiest countries. Rich people have better or other entertainment than having children.

#3.) The Lies of the West about Arabs, Islam, Israel and the Middle East
When I turn on the television and watch the news about the middle east, about Iran, Iraq, Arabs, about Islam, Palestine and about the crimes of Israel, I am dumbfounded and outraged by the ruthless amount of lies the media, official state television, spread. And I don't live in the US, where I'm sure its even worse. I live in Switzerland!
Yesterday civil war broke out in the Gaza Strip. Guess what the news on the official Swiss television broadcasted: "After intelligent / mischievous planning of the fundamental terrorist group Hamas for years, in the Gaza Strip Hamas were able to overthrow the government of Fatah and president Abas who were rightly elected two years ago by Palestinians..."
(*gasp*)!!
They simply forgot to mention, that Hamas was rightly elected by Palestinians more recently because Fatah and Abas are (perceived to be) corrupt and collaborate with Israel and the west in fucking over the Palestinians, taking away their land and possessions and dignity, just to get some money and jobs from Israel for themselves. They simply forgot to mention that Fatah has tried to kill the leader of Hamas, President Hania several times and came close to succeeding more than once. The last attack to his apartment with a rocket blew a hole into the house of Hania yesterday, left Hania unhurt, but most likely sparked the final escalation in the Gaza Strip yesterday.
If Jews, even fundamentalist Jews who steal and murder in the name of Jewish religion have a "right do defend themselves" and their stealing and murdering, then why wouldn't Palestinians and Hamas have the same right?
It's just funny all the selective perception and lies which are going on in western (Christian) countries and media. It's exactly like in WW2 with Hitler. People are falling prey to their own collective lies and the propaganda of their own media and countries.
Just great!... :-(
Me, I am worried that this stupidity and ignorance of the actual facts and truth will lead to a serious conflict which will affect us all (9-11 being just the tip of an iceberg). But people just continue to believe and tote how Jews have a right to steal other people's land just because they have a religious book which says they will receive a "promised land" by god. Obviously many Jews can't read because as far as I know it says they will "receive" a land by God, it doesn't say they are allowed to "steal it from others by murder" (or war).
Just because Jews in Israel happen to have greater military power, does not mean God gave them the right to steal, murder and kill for their own benefit!
Mind you, I have nothing against Jews. But if we say Islamic people kill in the name of religion, maybe we should ask why. Maybe it's because Jewish people steal land from and kill Islamic people in the name of Jewish religion (and their own land). And many Christian people support them. And their crimes affect MILLIONS of Palestinians!! Not just a few! Killed thousands or ten thousands. Took away land and homes of hundred thousands. Not centuries ago, but almost every fucking day in the last 50 years or more in Palestine!!! And Christian countries like the US support this injustice with billions of dollars to assure military supremacy of Israel. Just because of the oil in the middle east. And because of religious fundamentalists in the USA sympathizing with Jews in Israel who are basically not doing anything else than Europeans did in America: Murder the local population to steal their land.
Man is a beast. And Arabs, not even extremists, don't seem to be the party who started or are responsible for this conflict.
But what's most troubling about this is the collective denial and lies about it. It's as if man kind is *looking* for the next world war.

#4) Not employing and supporting People with Asperger's Syndrome
Alright, this problem might be taken with a tiny bit of humor, especially coming from someone with AS, but actually it's also worth quite serious thought. People with AS are bullied out of jobs (happened to me about 30 times in 12 years) and not respected because of their lack of social abilities. However, if the CIA for instance would've had people with AS in key positions, the war on Iraq could probably have been avoided entirely. Because people with AS would not have said that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, just because that's what everyone wanted to hear.
People with AS might be a pain in the ass for co-workers or their companies, but their unnerving ignorance of social- and peer pressure in favor of facts and the truth might hold great value for humanity. So maybe Aspies really ought to be given key positions instead of fed off with disability rents. For the sake of humanity.
:-)

There. So much for the problems I perceive as the biggest.
I'm sure that a lot of people will not agree with my view on what Israel is doing in the middle east and that emotions will go high or very high about that problem.
However, before exercising your right to free speech I ask you (only if you can manage ;-) to can your emotions for a very short time and also answer to the other problems I see. – If that is, you have anything to say to those other problems.
It's not a coincidence that I mentioned lack of a just government system and overpopulation as problems 1 and 2 before the middle east. I think those are much bigger problems with a much wider spread in their effects, consequences and in time. They should be solved first, at least if we can avoid a world war over the middle east.
Also I'd like to know what you think what the biggest problems of this world are?

Greetings,
Mark
omitted, to please this forum. :squit:
He who knows animals will protect animals: www.animaldignity.org

duncvis

Re: The Biggest Problems of this World
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:01:43 AM »
Woo. Maybe that post should be split into four separate flame wars. How many forums did you say you'd been banned from?  :eyebrows:

Quote from: Marky Mark
#1.) Lack of a Just Government System
There is no just system to govern or manage humans. We have (or would have) systems to manage horses, pigs, cattle, etc. justly in farming, assuring they all get what they need to survive, food, water, a place to sleep, etc.
Not so for ourselves though. Dictatorship or communism is obviously not just. But neither is democracy and capitalism. Even in a direct democracy such as in Switzerland, where people get to vote about a lot of things, a MAJORITY decides and rules. That's not totally different than a dictatorship. Instead of one single dictator, it's just a majority of people who are the dictators. Admittedly, that's usually much better, but it's not just. At least certainly not for the minorities. Because the minorities will simply be overruled and their rights and interests ignored and trampled when they conflict with the interests of the majority.

Excellent point, and clearly put. The question, obviously, is in how to change our own governance.

Quote from: Mark II
#2.) Overpopulation
The massive overpopulation of the human races is DIRECTLY responsible for (all) wars and the damages to the environment. It's all about resources. Too many people and they will fight over resources (WW1, WW2, Israel, Iraq, etc.). Too many people and they will steal the resources from each other and destroy the natural resources such as clean air, enough food, water, land, forests, the oceans, etc.
I was going to mention overpopulation as the number one problem of humanity and this world, which it really is, but then I believe the only way to control our birth rate is by solving the problem of a just government system. Why? Simple: Because a just government system would assure wealth for everyone. Wealth for everyone leads to a strong decline in reproduction as can be seen by the birth rates of the wealthiest countries. Rich people have better or other entertainment than having children.

A bit simplistic, but no shit. A better explanation of the lower birth rate in developed countries though is that peoples' expectations of their childrens survival have caught up with the actual death rate, so population becomes stable again. human geography year 11 stuff.  :angel:

Quote from: Mark-er pen sniffing aspie
#3.) The Lies of the West about Arabs, Islam, Israel and the Middle East
When I turn on the television and watch the news about the middle east, about Iran, Iraq, Arabs, about Islam, Palestine and about the crimes of Israel, I am dumbfounded and outraged by the ruthless amount of lies the media, official state television, spread. And I don't live in the US, where I'm sure its even worse. I live in Switzerland!
Yesterday civil war broke out in the Gaza Strip. Guess what the news on the official Swiss television broadcasted: "After intelligent / mischievous planning of the fundamental terrorist group Hamas for years, in the Gaza Strip Hamas were able to overthrow the government of Fatah and president Abas who were rightly elected two years ago by Palestinians..."
(*gasp*)!!
They simply forgot to mention, that Hamas was rightly elected by Palestinians more recently because Fatah and Abas are (perceived to be) corrupt and collaborate with Israel and the west in fucking over the Palestinians, taking away their land and possessions and dignity, just to get some money and jobs from Israel for themselves. They simply forgot to mention that Fatah has tried to kill the leader of Hamas, President Hania several times and came close to succeeding more than once. The last attack to his apartment with a rocket blew a hole into the house of Hania yesterday, left Hania unhurt, but most likely sparked the final escalation in the Gaza Strip yesterday.
If Jews, even fundamentalist Jews who steal and murder in the name of Jewish religion have a "right do defend themselves" and their stealing and murdering, then why wouldn't Palestinians and Hamas have the same right?
It's just funny all the selective perception and lies which are going on in western (Christian) countries and media. It's exactly like in WW2 with Hitler. People are falling prey to their own collective lies and the propaganda of their own media and countries.
Just great!... :-(
Me, I am worried that this stupidity and ignorance of the actual facts and truth will lead to a serious conflict which will affect us all (9-11 being just the tip of an iceberg). But people just continue to believe and tote how Jews have a right to steal other people's land just because they have a religious book which says they will receive a "promised land" by god. Obviously many Jews can't read because as far as I know it says they will "receive" a land by God, it doesn't say they are allowed to "steal it from others by murder" (or war).
Just because Jews in Israel happen to have greater military power, does not mean God gave them the right to steal, murder and kill for their own benefit!
Mind you, I have nothing against Jews. But if we say Islamic people kill in the name of religion, maybe we should ask why. Maybe it's because Jewish people steal land from and kill Islamic people in the name of Jewish religion (and their own land). And many Christian people support them. And their crimes affect MILLIONS of Palestinians!! Not just a few! Killed thousands or ten thousands. Took away land and homes of hundred thousands. Not centuries ago, but almost every fucking day in the last 50 years or more in Palestine!!! And Christian countries like the US support this injustice with billions of dollars to assure military supremacy of Israel. Just because of the oil in the middle east. And because of religious fundamentalists in the USA sympathizing with Jews in Israel who are basically not doing anything else than Europeans did in America: Murder the local population to steal their land.
Man is a beast. And Arabs, not even extremists, don't seem to be the party who started or are responsible for this conflict.
But what's most troubling about this is the collective denial and lies about it. It's as if man kind is *looking* for the next world war.

:popcorn: this one is going to be FUN. but it won't get you banned. you've made a few good points in there - now you'll have to back them up I suspect. :litigious:

Quote from: Mark Twain
#4) Not employing and supporting People with Asperger's Syndrome
Alright, this problem might be taken with a tiny bit of humor, especially coming from someone with AS, but actually it's also worth quite serious thought. People with AS are bullied out of jobs (happened to me about 30 times in 12 years) and not respected because of their lack of social abilities. However, if the CIA for instance would've had people with AS in key positions, the war on Iraq could probably have been avoided entirely. Because people with AS would not have said that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, just because that's what everyone wanted to hear.
People with AS might be a pain in the ass for co-workers or their companies, but their unnerving ignorance of social- and peer pressure in favor of facts and the truth might hold great value for humanity. So maybe Aspies really ought to be given key positions instead of fed off with disability rents. For the sake of humanity.
:-)

Fancy joining The Wronged?  :eyebrows:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:20:37 AM »
Less time spent on wars, less money spent on weapons. More time and more money spent on getting ourselves off this planet that is on its way to being ruined by the human race.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 07:43:14 AM »
Less time spent on wars, less money spent on weapons. More time and more money spent on getting ourselves off this planet that is on its way to being ruined by the human race.
yeah, if only the schools had all the money they needed and the army had to hold bakesales to buy thier weapons.
Misunderstood.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:38:06 AM »
That would be ideal.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 08:50:48 PM »
yeah, if only the schools had all the money they needed and the army had to hold bakesales to buy thier weapons.
That's funny...although, they might make a lot of money...some ladies like guys in uniform! 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »
they could hold one of those bid on a date with a GI auctions.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 09:45:42 PM »

Alright ladies!!! who wants to bid for a date with a dashing 30-something former Marine who lives in O.C.??

Do I hear $20 ??

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

Alright ladies!!! who wants to bid for a date with a dashing 30-something former Marine who lives in O.C.??

Do I hear $20 ??

Is THAT all you're offering?

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »

Do I hear $20 ??

Is THAT all you're offering?

It's called an auction noodlenuts. You start out low to create a feeding frenzy.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 10:35:58 PM »

Do I hear $20 ??
I prefer uniformless men thanks.
Dashing?  Are you sure?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 10:42:51 PM »

Do I hear $20 ??
Dashing?  Are you sure?
i've met him IRL, and he aint bad looking.  but i never saw him in a tux.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »

Do I hear $20 ??
Dashing?  Are you sure?
He's blonde though, right?

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 11:38:55 PM »

Do I hear $20 ??
Dashing?  Are you sure?
He's blonde though, right?

What hair I have left...... my goatee is blonde!!!

Offline Markie

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Organization for Animal Dignity
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 03:58:55 AM »
This is soo typical: When you expect to get flamed, nothing happens...
 :twitch: :dunce:

Excellent point, and clearly put. The question, obviously, is in how to change our own governance.
I think software developers should be given the task of writing an operating system in humanly readable language that governs humans justly.
 ;D

Fancy joining The Wronged?   :eyebrows:

Wow, this didn't happen to me for a long time:
I'm discovering and registering to new forums faster than I can manage to get myself kicked out of!!
3 days ago WrongPlantet.net, 2 days ago IntensitySquared.com and now theWronged.org!
 :yikes: :o :)

He who knows animals will protect animals: www.animaldignity.org