Author Topic: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.  (Read 10815 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2007, 12:51:15 PM »

Would a person with NPD freely admit that they are not a "nice" person?  I think they would be too concerned with their image to do that. 

Hell yes. Look, NPD is largely about the attention,
from my understanding.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
i dunno if i want to read them. i don't feel it's my right if she didn't want them to be seen.

It's a very accurate insite into Lucifer's true character. She's not what she appears to be. You only see an image of Lucifer that she wants you to see.

i've seen Lucifer be kind and sweet and i have seen you be an peaguy so who do i trust on this issue? ::)

Ummm…you’re being somewhat naïve here, Bjork.   People with NPD (and other manipulative disorders) will be ingratiatingly nice to people, so long as it serves their purposes. They’re very good at inspiring  blind loyealty in people, and they often have “friends” who point blank  refuse to listen to the POV of their “enemies”  or to weigh up the evidence for themselves., before launching themselves into an an all-out assault against said enemies.

(Yep, like Hardon, I’ve encounterered  ‘em before,  both IRL and on-line. In one case, the guy in question pre-emptively accused me. and another person of “spreading lies” about him, just because we knew a thing or two about him, which he feared becoming public knowledge   Nobody had any idea what these “lies” were, ‘cause we hadn’t actually spread them about, but that didn’t stop his friends laying into us on his say-so. He’d been sweet as pie  to them, so they trusted him)

I’m not saying that Lucifer has NPD (If I’m gonna throw my two cents in, I’d say   it  looks more like APD or good-old-fashioned psycopathy to me.) All I’m saying is , if you’re trying to tell us that Lucifer doesn’t have NPD, nor any of those other personality disorders, then  you’re shooting yourself in the foot.

I remember Tom and his little army of followers and sycophants.  I have no idea of what kind of diagnosis he had (NPD or whatever) but they did attack you and others to keep the truth from coming out about him.
I dunno what diagnoss he had either, Callaway; and he told do many lies to protect his precious "dignity"  there's no taking his word for anything, dx included. I think most people concluded NPD, for good reasons. The hat certainly fit. A few thought APD (which is someitmes misdianosed as AS, btw, but usually goes undiagnosed)

Of course I don't see Lucifer attacking anyone in a preemptive strike to keep information from coming out like Tom did.

True. and I didn't mean to suggest that she did. I was just citing  that as an exampleof the kind of blind loyaty such charaters can inspire.  No direct analogy intended.

For what it's worth, I don't think she has NPD either.  I think she has some sort of ASD, like most of the rest of us.
Yes, but that wouldn't rule out other conditions, besides. I don't think anybody's seriously questioned her ASD diagnosis.

Would a person with NPD freely admit that they are not a "nice" person?  I think they would be too concerned with their image to do that. 
I know that Tom, whatever he has, would never do that. [/quote]

Agreed.  Not very likely (but, then,  there's that guy who shot John Lennon, for example. If people with NPD can't manage to pass for  saints, they'll often settle for notoriety instead. See Calandales' point above)

But I'm quibbling. It's actually  what you might call the contrast beteen Lucifer and Tom (to sum it up succinctly) that makes me think more in terms of APD iin Lucifer's case

~Walkie

PS. I did try not to mention Tom by name *chuckle*. I should've picked a lesser-known example, perhaps, but that one was too good to resist.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 01:02:41 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »
Is it your turn to try a character assassination of Lucifer, now that Pyraxis seems to have given up?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »
blind loyaty such charaters can inspire.   

Its funny how the people who don't agree with your friend are doing so out of blind loyalty isn't it?  Of course its nothing to do with the quality of the 'evidence' she's posted ::)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
Is it your turn to try a character assassination of Lucifer, now that Pyraxis seems to have given up?

Nope. I'd call this "character analysis"

If I was out to assaisinate a character, I'd start by gathering  more effective ammo, for one thing.

C'mon Odeon. Lucifer's practically bulletproof isn't she? You think this little discussion is hurting her? :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2007, 01:48:13 PM »
you're laughing? you think it's funny:finger:

you're pathetic.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_P

« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
i dunno if i want to read them. i don't feel it's my right if she didn't want them to be seen.

It's a very accurate insite into Lucifer's true character. She's not what she appears to be. You only see an image of Lucifer that she wants you to see.

i've seen Lucifer be kind and sweet and i have seen you be an peaguy so who do i trust on this issue? ::)

Ummm…you’re being somewhat naïve here, Bjork.   People with NPD (and other manipulative disorders) will be ingratiatingly nice to people, so long as it serves their purposes. They’re very good at inspiring  blind loyealty in people, and they often have “friends” who point blank  refuse to listen to the POV of their “enemies”  or to weigh up the evidence for themselves., before launching themselves into an an all-out assault against said enemies.

(Yep, like Hardon, I’ve encounterered  ‘em before,  both IRL and on-line. In one case, the guy in question pre-emptively accused me. and another person of “spreading lies” about him, just because we knew a thing or two about him, which he feared becoming public knowledge   Nobody had any idea what these “lies” were, ‘cause we hadn’t actually spread them about, but that didn’t stop his friends laying into us on his say-so. He’d been sweet as pie  to them, so they trusted him)

I’m not saying that Lucifer has NPD (If I’m gonna throw my two cents in, I’d say   it  looks more like APD or good-old-fashioned psycopathy to me.) All I’m saying is , if you’re trying to tell us that Lucifer doesn’t have NPD, nor any of those other personality disorders, then  you’re shooting yourself in the foot.

How dare you for belittling someone who is barely a psychopath, and how dare you for belittling my friendship with her. I am anything but a pawn.

Unlike you, I make the fucking effort to meet this said individual, unlike some online slag with their inane psychology babble -- you.

The_P

« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2007, 02:03:51 PM »
I'm 'aving you tomorrow, you insolent bitch. Be warned.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »
blind loyaty such charaters can inspire.   

Its funny how the people who don't agree with your friend are doing so out of blind loyalty isn't it?  Of course its nothing to do with the quality of the 'evidence' she's posted ::)

Hold, on PI. I wasn’t the first to cast the “blind loyaty” stone, not by  by a long chalk.  Lucifer’s friends have been throwing that one about  for ages.

Besides,  if you’d been reasonable enough (perish the thought) to take my comment in context, you’d note that I was  responding to Bjork, and pointing out parallels between Bjork’s attitude and these blind loyalists'  (that is:  refusing to look at the evidence, but spouting off, anyway – in a decidedly  aggressive  fashion)   Then , I went on to observe  that she’d shot herself in the foot. Not exactly a blanket accusation (if it even counts as an accusation at all)

At least you’ve been using your brain…I think ( The evidence, so far,  is somewhat inconclusive, mind you)

I guess my actual point was a little bit too subtle for you?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:03:57 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
you're laughing? you think it's funny:finger:

you're pathetic.

Yes, I think it’s fricking  hilarious  that you talk as if Lucifer has been in some way hurt by the viewpoints expressed on this  thread.

Given:

A) Lucifer  prides herself on her manipulative skills . So, I guess she’d find a discussion as to whether she’s APD or NPD entertaining, if anything.  (and I actually thought that one through before posting, btw) .Though , admittedly I don’t know her like you do. Am I wrong?
B) Her frends have rallied round, defended her to the hilt,  and bombarded Pyraxis, and others, with more than enough downright  insults to settle the score
C) Her karma has gone up and up and up.

I could probably add a few more points, if I could really be AAARRSE!!d. But you tell me: where’s the damage?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:47:46 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »

If I was out to assaisinate a character, I'd start by gathering  more effective ammo, for one thing.

C'mon Odeon. Lucifer's practically bulletproof isn't she? You think this little discussion is hurting her? :LOL:

Shows how much you know.

Oh shit, I just went blind.

:wanker:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »

Shows how much you know.

Lucifer  prides herself on her manipulative skills . So, I guess she’d find a discussion as to whether she’s APD or NPD entertaining, if anything.  (and I actually thought that one through before posting, btw) .Though , admittedly I don’t know her like you do. Am I wrong?

I was hoping for a rather more cogent response to that question
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:55:02 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
I'm 'aving you tomorrow, you insolent bitch. Be warned.
Callout or physical?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »

Shows how much you know.

Lucifer  prides herself on her manipulative skills . So, I guess she’d find a discussion as to whether she’s APD or NPD entertaining, if anything.  (and I actually thought that one through before posting, btw) .Though , admittedly I don’t know her like you do. Am I wrong?

I was hoping for a rather more cogent response to that question

I was not responding for Odeon.

Besides, I can't see a thing.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2007, 04:00:42 PM »
The only thing speaking for you, DrunkardsWalk, is that Callaway seems to think you're OK. Care to tell us what you real agenda is? Or have the decency to call her out, and tell HER.

Oh, and it's called "friends". But I suppose that's beyond you.

- Albert Einstein