Educational

Author Topic: Someone started a thread about us at WP.  (Read 30681 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Someone started a thread about us at WP.
« Reply #720 on: June 23, 2007, 07:05:15 AM »
that would be creepy.
maybe i will go for the gunther leer.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #721 on: June 23, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »
i prefer the Teal'c eyebrow. :P

"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #722 on: June 23, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »
the mods used to not air their dirty laundry all over the site.  the mods USED to be responsible in their position.

like when the following people where their:
Lucifer
PMS Elle
Pyraxis
Gallileo Ace

did i miss anybody?

BeeBee
Sophist
Duncvis
Purposeful Insanity, but she was Scary Fairy Mel then, I think
Mockingbird
Ghotistix

And I'm probably missing a lot of names too.

I think the word we are looking for is mentors. 

These were people who genuinely wanted to help to make WP a support site, but Alex shat on them all.

Anyone who knew what happened to them would be reluctant to put themselves into that position, so Alex chose the curent moderators based on the fact that they spent a lot of time posting at WP and in addition they had to be too new to know what he did to the previous moderators.

I don't spend enough time at WP to be absolutely sure, but I think Calandale is the pick of that litter now, so I would hate for WP to lose his input.

Graelwyn should not be a moderator there not only because she is extremely unstable but also because she is using her position to groom a 16 year old boy who has AS to be her lover and that is disgusting.  If that child has problems now, they are only going to be greatly magnified by the time she is finished with him.

As for the parents, most of them probably just stick to the parents' forum, so they might not even realize what Graelwyn is doing or that Flagg is only 16 years old.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »
the mods used to not air their dirty laundry all over the site.  the mods USED to be responsible in their position.

like when the following people where their:
Lucifer
PMS Elle
Pyraxis
Gallileo Ace

did i miss anybody?

BeeBee
Sophist
Duncvis
Purposeful Insanity, but she was Scary Fairy Mel then, I think
Mockingbird
Ghotistix

And I'm probably missing a lot of names too.

I think the word we are looking for is mentors. 

These were people who genuinely wanted to help to make WP a support site, but Alex shat on them all.

Anyone who knew what happened to them would be reluctant to put themselves into that position, so Alex chose the curent moderators based on the fact that they spent a lot of time posting at WP and in addition they had to be too new to know what he did to the previous moderators.

I don't spend enough time at WP to be absolutely sure, but I think Calandale is the pick of that litter now, so I would hate for WP to lose his input.

Graelwyn should not be a moderator there not only because she is extremely unstable but also because she is using her position to groom a 16 year old boy who has AS to be her lover and that is disgusting.  If that child has problems now, they are only going to be greatly magnified by the time she is finished with him.

As for the parents, most of them probably just stick to the parents' forum, so they might not even realize what Graelwyn is doing or that Flagg is only 16 years old.
Oh the good old days. :fish:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:24:51 AM by kevv729 »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »

Re grooming children...don't play dumb lady with me.

Not playing dumb. I honestly don't see this happening.
I'm not. Grael's dealing with someone who SHOULD be
above the age of consent, and is, anywhere civilized.
On the second point, no, not referring to your dancing, referring to how you pretend you are so cool, much like Graelwyn does.  I think you are both show ponies when the mood hits you.

I don't think that I pretend (or am) cool. But, I do like attention, and I suspect
she does, as well. There's a difference though.

On the last note, no, I don't go to the site at all any more except when the shit happened with Graelwyn.  If you are a Mod, you will see that I have not posted or visited anywhere there of note for quite a few months, so don't come over here trying to say all I do is spend my time in the adult section over there, because that's bullshit.

That's the only area I saw you much in.
So, of course you'd see a different side.
Just because you're not there anymore,
doesn't change what you've seen in the
past.

Are you a male Graelwyn?  Because you are really becoming a fucking pain in the ass.  And why the fuck are you coming back and forth trying to cause shit anyway?

Causing shit? I'm just defending my view of someone
that I consider of SOME worth.
Oh...and your main event thread calling Machine1 out was so riveting...you could have sold tickets.

He didn't seem to want to fight it here, but
rather in the moderator section. I complied with
his wishes.

Get a life Cal...it's becoming old now.

This is as close as I can get.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #725 on: June 23, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »
so the argument is:  it is not the mods responsibility to act as a role model because they have real life problems as well.

the solution becomes: WP needs to stop calling itself a support site.  because it is reinforcing bad behaviour and enabling.

Being a Mod to me (and I could be wrong) means that you are not airing your dirty laundry on a constant basis.  Much the same as a good manager in the workplace...you have someone who understands your issues, may occasionally say 'yes, I have been in that situation' but doesn't come on in a full episode of rant and expect you to help them pick up the pieces.

A strong leader basically.

As I said, it may be impossible to find people
who match this expectation, and spend enough
time there - all for free.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #726 on: June 23, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »

I highly doubt that. Janika's pretty damned good,
and less subversive than I am. There are others who
seem reasonable.

richard

« Reply #727 on: June 23, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
so the argument is:  it is not the mods responsibility to act as a role model because they have real life problems as well.

the solution becomes: WP needs to stop calling itself a support site.  because it is reinforcing bad behaviour and enabling.
agreed

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #728 on: June 23, 2007, 11:07:18 AM »
What they need is Me as moderator at the WP.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #729 on: June 23, 2007, 11:08:55 AM »

On the last note, no, I don't go to the site at all any more except when the shit happened with Graelwyn.  If you are a Mod, you will see that I have not posted or visited anywhere there of note for quite a few months, so don't come over here trying to say all I do is spend my time in the adult section over there, because that's bullshit.

If you don't go to the site anymore, then how did you know I wrote about you over there? Did someone tell you or did you stop after what grael did when she started a post about you too?

Your last post was June 1st so not a few months. Less than a month.

richard

« Reply #730 on: June 23, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
go into the womans forum, and read the topic about "how to buy dildos." if i had a 10 year old daughter who was autistic/aspie thats exactly what i'd want her too see :-\ :P

ozymandias

« Reply #731 on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »

If  a mod has such bad real life problems and can handle it thats one thing.  PMS Elle has a pretty tough time, but, I applaud her ability to handle it and do a pretty decent job as mod/admin.  There's other people I could say the same thing about, but, PMS Elle is one of the best examples of a person with RL problems and NOT reinforcing bad behavior.   Like it or not mods and admin. have to be held to a higher standard.  They lead, they have some powers and all the yadda yadda yadda that goes with responsibility.  If you can't handle the responsibility, you shouldn't have the job.

wp does need to stop calling itself a support site.  Even in the last few times I was there, I didn't feel any kind of positive vibes that I could get from AFF, AI or Fractalus.  Which is sad, as it is one of the oldest AS forums around.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #732 on: June 23, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »
go into the womans forum, and read the topic about "how to buy dildos." if i had a 10 year old daughter who was autistic/aspie thats exactly what i'd want her too see :-\ :P

sarcasm

richard

« Reply #733 on: June 23, 2007, 11:15:06 AM »
yeah i was being sarcastic, that whole forum should only be made available to 17&up. it looks like anyforum on this site basically

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #734 on: June 23, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »

If  a mod has such bad real life problems and can handle it thats one thing.  PMS Elle has a pretty tough time, but, I applaud her ability to handle it and do a pretty decent job as mod/admin.  There's other people I could say the same thing about, but, PMS Elle is one of the best examples of a person with RL problems and NOT reinforcing bad behavior.   Like it or not mods and admin. have to be held to a higher standard.  They lead, they have some powers and all the yadda yadda yadda that goes with responsibility.  If you can't handle the responsibility, you shouldn't have the job.

wp does need to stop calling itself a support site.  Even in the last few times I was there, I didn't feel any kind of positive vibes that I could get from AFF, AI or Fractalus.  Which is sad, as it is one of the oldest AS forums around.

Thanks for that; I was thinking of my Real Problems posts when I read that post, actually.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.