Author Topic: Someone started a thread about us at WP.  (Read 30683 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Someone started a thread about us at WP.
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:56 AM »
As I said in the other thread here, parents are just as capable of exposing their children to abuse....
She continually uses that line about the parents consent though, which is interesting.
Wonder how old his parents are?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2007, 01:46:54 AM »
I found Graelwyn very hard to deal with on msn - I added her in the hope of making a friend from Aspie Village.  We talked for a while, and everything seemed ok.  She had to mention how bad her life was in every chat and how miseralble she was, but she seemed nice and I wanted to offer my friendship.    

However, one night I had come home from work, and I was having problems at work and I really wanted to talk to someone about it. I just wanted to run my situation past someone and see what advice they had to offer.

I said "I'm having a really stressfull time at work right now" and she said "how do you think I feel, I'm not even capable of work!"  And I said "well, I'm having problems" and she said "at least you have a job.  Some of us are too Autistic to even find a job".   I told her that I only got my job through Job Centre disability support, and  I wasn't coping with it anyway, so I wasn't any better off than her.  Then I logged off in a rage. :grrr:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2007, 01:47:34 AM »
As I said in the other thread here, parents are just as capable of exposing their children to abuse....
She continually uses that line about the parents consent though, which is interesting.

Probably very close to Graelwyn's age.

:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2007, 01:50:56 AM »
I found Graelwyn very hard to deal with on msn - I added her in the hope of making a friend from Aspie Village.  We talked for a while, and everything seemed ok.  She had to mention how bad her life was in every chat and how miseralble she was, but she seemed nice and I wanted to offer my friendship.    

However, one night I had come home from work, and I was having problems at work and I really wanted to talk to someone about it. I just wanted to run my situation past someone and see what advice they had to offer.

I said "I'm having a really stressfull time at work right now" and she said "how do you think I feel, I'm not even capable of work!"  And I said "well, I'm having problems" and she said "at least you have a job.  Some of us are too Autistic to even find a job".   I told her that I only got my job through Job Centre disability support, and  I wasn't coping with it anyway, so I wasn't any better off than her.  Then I logged off in a rage. :grrr:

I'm sorry that she was not there for you like you had been for her.  It is reasonable to expect support sometimes from your friends.

She talks a lot about how much support she gives to other people, but from what I have seen of her, she is a taker, not a giver.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2007, 01:53:32 AM »
I found Graelwyn very hard to deal with on msn - I added her in the hope of making a friend from Aspie Village.  We talked for a while, and everything seemed ok.  She had to mention how bad her life was in every chat and how miseralble she was, but she seemed nice and I wanted to offer my friendship.     

I said "I'm having a really stressfull time at work right now" and she said "how do you think I feel, I'm not even capable of work!"  And I said "well, I'm having problems" and she said "at least you have a job.  Some of us are too Autistic to even find a job".   I told her that I only got my job through Job Centre disability support, and  I wasn't coping with it anyway, so I wasn't any better off than her.  Then I logged off in a rage. :grrr:

Looks like you overreacted. I didn't see anything wrong with what she said. Not trying to be mean or anything. It sounds like she has low self esteem about herself.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2007, 01:53:45 AM »

But she says Intensity is cruel and insensitive...funny girl that one.

Yes, I've never been close to her as such, but I did feel sorry for her when I first joined WP....then I just saw that her interest in others was just a front.
She seems to spend a lot of time feeling sorry for herself there and I don't particularly think she is a good role model as a Mod for many many reasons...aside from my obvious issue with her.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2007, 01:55:52 AM »
But she HAS to be a WP mod - she is

1 a woman
2 over 30
3 she has occult new-agey style avatars
4  a social pedophile

she was born to be a WP mod!

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »

What if she meets the parents and Flagg's Dad is nicer and better looking than Flagg? >:D
Oh wait, he can't be nice...what parent of a 16 year old boy would allow their son to have a internet relationship and possible RL meeting with a 32 (?) year old woman?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2007, 01:58:12 AM »

1 a woman
2 over 30
4  a social pedophile

So Calandale was just a glitch in the system?
Or is Cal a girl?  Oh yes, sometimes he is...God love his sensitive little soul. ;D

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2007, 01:58:51 AM »
plus ca change...  ::)
More changes?
Or some things never change?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2007, 01:59:19 AM »

1 a woman
2 over 30
4  a social pedophile

:LMAO:

But surely there are other WP mods who don't fit that description.

Calandale is male and he has a bluejay avatar.

Wasn't Flagg a mod at one time?  He's only 16.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2007, 02:00:02 AM »
Ah - not every mod has to fit the criterea - but every one who fits the criterea must be a mod.  Fact.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2007, 02:04:16 AM »

What if she meets the parents and Flagg's Dad is nicer and better looking than Flagg? >:D
Oh wait, he can't be nice...what parent of a 16 year old boy would allow their son to have a internet relationship and possible RL meeting with a 32 (?) year old woman?

I would be absolutely freaking out, if I were in that situation.

Maybe they are not as fine with it as they seem to be.

Maybe they don't want to actually forbid it, because that will only make his determination stronger.

Too funny if Graelwyn makes a play for Dad.  Maybe Dad will offer himself up as bait?

:evillaugh:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2007, 02:08:45 AM »

Maybe they don't want to actually forbid it, because that will only make his determination stronger.

Too funny if Graelwyn makes a play for Dad.  Maybe Dad will offer himself up as bait?

Yes, it could be a case of that they are hoping it will play itself out once he really meets her in the flesh.  How could a 16 year old emotionally support someone that high maintenance?  And then there's the self mutilation.  I'm not denying people happiness...or wishing her a miserable life...but God....it's a lot for a young guy to be exposed to in what I assume is his first big relationship...
Meh, but I don't know...is he one of those flirty young guys or something?  Not that that's an excuse, I just assume he's inexperienced.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2007, 02:13:27 AM »

Yes, it could be a case of that they are hoping it will play itself out once he really meets her in the flesh.  How could a 16 year old emotionally support someone that high maintenance?  And then there's the self mutilation.  I'm not denying people happiness...or wishing her a miserable life...but God....it's a lot for a young guy to be exposed to in what I assume is his first big relationship...
Meh, but I don't know...is he one of those flirty young guys or something?  Not that that's an excuse, I just assume he's inexperienced.

I had not even considered the extreme high maintenance part of the equation, but that is a very good point.

What if she stops punching herself in the face and starts punching him instead?

:o