Educational

Author Topic: Vivi's back!  (Read 26856 times)

The_P

Re: Vivi's back!
« Reply #885 on: October 15, 2007, 12:02:19 PM »
Do you find grimoires to be pointless when written in English? I do; there's nothing exciting or mysterious about it.

When you've done HIV-research (can't remember your position), were you ever mocked or patronised because of your witchcraft?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:06:43 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #886 on: October 15, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »
you have a point, but they'd be just incomprehensible if they were written in any other language.  i've never actually seen a proper, old grimoire, though.  they're not generally found all over the place.

as for the second bit - no.  i wasn't a witch in those days.  well, i didn't know i was, put it that way: iwas still a catholic.

The_P

« Reply #887 on: October 15, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »
you have a point, but they'd be just incomprehensible if they were written in any other language.  i've never actually seen a proper, old grimoire, though.  they're not generally found all over the place.

as for the second bit - no.  i wasn't a witch in those days.  well, i didn't know i was, put it that way: iwas still a catholic.

Could you tell me more about your transition, please? It sounds interesting.

Personally, I kinda find it bizarre (nothing personal) that a scientist would dabble into something that most of that kind would deem as "nonsense" or "primitive".

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #888 on: October 15, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »
iut's so dull, its practically unworthy of a mention.  however, i was reading a book, and suddenly thought, "that's me".  the book was about witches and witchcraft.  i didn't have to change my lifestyle, or anything i did whatsoever, except i stopped practising as a catholic.

really, that's it.  it wasn't a great surprise to me, and i'd been called a witch for years, anyway, by various people.  sorry about the lack of drama.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #889 on: October 15, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »
it's not weird at all that a scientist would be a witch. witches are scientists by nature, if you ask me. would you agree?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #890 on: October 15, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
Are there any witch gatherings that you go to?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #891 on: October 15, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »
like a coven?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #892 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:37 PM »
Have you tried tapping the power
of a mass since?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »
it's not weird at all that a scientist would be a witch. witches are scientists by nature, if you ask me. would you agree?

that's a really interesting idea -  :plus: for making me think already this morning!   :clap:

yes, i think i'd agree with you.  inquisitive; wanting to know how and why things work as they do; finding alternative ways to do things; interested in cause and effect; troubleshooting; healing work; cause and effect...

yep, i can think of lots of ways in which a witch (groan) uses scientific processes.  good one, milla.  ;D   :-*

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »

not any more, not really.  i used to belong to a coven, but i work solo now, with some interaction with witches who are my friends.  i'll probably go to public (i.e. open) witch/pagan gatherings again, though.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2007, 12:41:36 AM »
Have you tried tapping the power
of a mass since?

that's satanists, not witches.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:33 AM »
Power is power, no?
The way that it oozes out
of an old cathedral is just too
much to turn my back on.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:40 AM »
do what you like - i'm not an energy vampire, as i don't need to be - i can get energy/power from easier and less melodramatic sources.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2007, 06:01:24 AM »

not any more, not really.  i used to belong to a coven, but i work solo now, with some interaction with witches who are my friends.  i'll probably go to public (i.e. open) witch/pagan gatherings again, though.
Hmm, what are the core beliefs among witches, or are there none? What exactly happens at these gatherings.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2007, 06:06:35 AM »
depends on the gathering.  there aren't really belief systems as such, not like formal religions - there's no "official" book or authority,for a start.

as for what goes on, it depends whether it's an open gathering or a closed one.  nothing dreadfully exciting though, to be honest - if only the sunday scream newspapers actually stopped dramatising the whole thing, it'd stop people being so interested.  ::)  basically, it's some sort of celebration of a festival, and then, generally, some "work" (i.e. energy work, or magic, if you want to call it that), which tends to be healing, or finding someone a job or new house - mundane things like that.