Author Topic: email forwards to "help find madeleine"  (Read 358 times)

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
email forwards to "help find madeleine"
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:14:17 PM »
poor little girl and her family, but this media hype really is lame.

for some reason people i had thought were reasonably sensible suddenly seem to think forwarding an email around office colleagues about her is going to somehow help police find a little girl missing in portugal..

am tempted to reply "OMG!! I just looked in the filing cabinet and there she is!!"
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

The_P

Re: email forwards to "help find madeleine"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:16:15 PM »
poor little girl and her family, but this media hype really is lame.

for some reason people i had thought were reasonably sensible suddenly seem to think forwarding an email around office colleagues about her is going to somehow help police find a little girl missing in portugal...

Children get abducted every day -- why make so much fuss over one girl?

What really gets me is the current fuss being made over Prince Harry.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:18:42 PM by Granny_Cunt »

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
cos she looks cute i guess.
some woman in portugal was complaining that the police never gave anything like as much attention to her still missing child

it's becoming an annual event to focus on one abduction and "unite the nation" innit. "show britain at it's best united in our pain" or some shit.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3365/

I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
some woman in portugal was complaining that the police never gave anything like as much attention to her still missing child

it's becoming an annual event to focus on one abduction and "unite the nation" innit. "show britain at it's best united in our pain" or some shit.

patriotism helps you forget the pains of your daily routine.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »
I feel for the family, but there's the little voice in my head saying 'what the hell were they doing leaving such young kids alone?'

The_P

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »

Am I immoral to admit that I just don't care and am more concerned with the issues I have at home? I just don't feel anything.

I do donate to charity when I can, but I can't unite with the people to fight of the rampant evils of the world all the time, now, can I?

I mean, for fuck's sake: give me a break.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:59:42 PM by Granny_Cunt »

ozymandias

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
I feel for the family, but there's the little voice in my head saying 'what the hell were they doing leaving such young kids alone?'

Likewise.... ::)

ozymandias

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »

Am I immoral to admit that I just don't care and am more concerned with the issues I have at home? I just don't feel anything.

I do donate to charity when I can, but I can't unite with the people to fight of the rampant evils of the world all the time, now, can I?

I mean, for fuck's sake: give me a break.

Can't say as I disagree completely with this sentiment either.  We all can only do so much and to me the crap in my "backyard" is of more immediate concern than things a thousand miles away.  I do feel for the family, but, PI put it best in her post.