Educational

Author Topic: May Day  (Read 552 times)

Offline baby

• Fairy Princess
  • Constant Poster
  • you say naughty like its a bad thing!
May Day
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
No its not a cry for help, just wondered how people spent their mayday, did any of the other brits on the board make it down to hastings for the Jack In The Green festival at the weekend!
i was there with The Ravens a gianting team i'm a member of, we drank, sang, paraded and generally had a fab time!

baby

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: May Day
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »
sounds fab, baby - i'm quite envious.  have been to bits of the jack in the green at hastings before, and it's fucking top banananana.

i managed to get out at dawn and wash my face in the dew - probably a load of old shite, but at my age, any little helps.  ;)

managed to miss beltaine almost completely this year, but then, it's a little difficult to celebrate in the *cough* "traditional" way, on one's own... :(

Offline baby

• Fairy Princess
  • Constant Poster
  • you say naughty like its a bad thing!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »
sounds fab, baby - i'm quite envious.? have been to bits of the jack in the green at hastings before, and it's fucking top banananana.

i managed to get out at dawn and wash my face in the dew - probably a load of old shite, but at my age, any little helps.? ;)

managed to miss beltaine almost completely this year, but then, it's a little difficult to celebrate in the *cough* "traditional" way, on one's own... :(

theres always the beltane bash at the end of may, I'll be doing alot there as well, what will helping to staff the bash and taking part in the parade and final ritual at the end of the second day

baby

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »
There was a special day?  I dunno.  I was probably drunk or stoned, as is my daily custom.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 09:15:59 AM »
Can not remember that far back. :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire