Educational

Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65814 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #2400 on: February 15, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
Thanks for all your lovely little messages. x

Yes, what Odeon said was right, had login probs to I2, but tonight for some reason....success!

The whole downloading firefox thing was a bit overwhelming, have been busy stressed...lots going on.

Will have a look around to see what I have missed out on....but any exciting updates are welcome.

Welcome back! ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2401 on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
Welcome back :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2402 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »

Yes, what Odeon said was right, had login probs to I2, but tonight for some reason....success!

The whole downloading firefox thing was a bit overwhelming, have been busy stressed...lots going on.

Will have a look around to see what I have missed out on....but any exciting updates are welcome.

Welcome back! ;D

Thanks Odeon....and I think I worked out why I couldn't login....

If I try logging in on the top Login tab on the homepage....I get the cookie error message we spoke about. But if I use the bottom Login bar, it works.....weird???

Mmm, the name doesn't ring a bell....but thank you.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2403 on: February 15, 2010, 09:56:34 AM »
What was your favorite childhood treasure?

I used to collect shells at my Grandma's house, she lived across the beach. Of course, I wanted to collect as many shells as possible...but she gave me one big jar and once it was full, if I wanted another one, I'd have to trade it for another in the jar. Responsible management of my fixation, no doubt!

My Nanna on the other hand, allowed this fixation to go out of control....but managed it by showing me how to glue them onto plastic boxes and to give them as gifts.

The only jar of shells I have now are some unique little miniature ones that were on a special beach I used to go to with my kids if I was fighting with their Dad or needed time out. I find looking at their patterns and shapes relaxing and anything in miniature fascinates me.

The only real things left from my childhood apart from some teddy bears, are a cupboard I've had since I was 6 and my Grandmother's rocking chair. My daugther asked if she could put the rocking chair in her room....and I agreed in principle that one day she maybe could have it.

I came home the other week and saw she had moved it into her room and I just lost my shit badly....she took it quite well, bless her....and probably now realises she will only get it when I die!

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2404 on: February 15, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
Nice to see you again, Eclair. So you've survived the summer holidays, excellent! Amazing how much calmer life gets when they all go back to school.

Offline Kalister

• Part of the Chaos
  • Find your peace.
« Reply #2405 on: February 16, 2010, 12:21:54 AM »
Amazing how much calmer life gets when they all go back to school.

:STFU:
Every day, every year, I realize more and more how hard life is, how lonely things can be, how we're all just trying to make it. I hope people here can find the peace and acceptance they're seeking. Most people lashing out are just awkward kids shouting into the void; learn forigveness and let it pass. But if you need to shout, I think you should let it out, just remember we're all people with feelings.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2406 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »

Welcome back! ;D

If I try logging in on the top Login tab on the homepage....I get the cookie error message we spoke about. But if I use the bottom Login bar, it works.....weird???

That is very weird. I have no explanation. Is this IE7 or 8, or firefox?

It's parts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2407 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »

Hey, it's true.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2408 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:48 AM »

Welcome back! ;D

That is very weird. I have no explanation. Is this IE7 or 8, or firefox?

It's parts.

It's IE7...never got enough patience to try the Firefox option.

Thanks for the Reptillian heads up with Parts.....and thanks Parts, you tricky boy!

Hey, it's true.

My babies have now all officially finished school. So no more packed lunches, camp fees, photo fees, resource fees, breathing fucking fees.

My whole life for the past 9 years has been fucking high school fucking fees. Life is so much cheaper now!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2409 on: February 17, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
Are there 12 grades in Australia? Do you call them "years" over there?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2410 on: February 17, 2010, 03:57:32 AM »
It's IE7...never got enough patience to try the Firefox option.

IE7 sometimes behaves very erratically but I've never come across this problem before. I'll read up on this and see if I can come up with anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2411 on: February 17, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »
Eclair's in a different state from me, so there may be minor differences, but in general this is how it works:

Primary school is Kinder to Year 6, sometimes with K, 1 & 2 separately identified as "Infants." High school is Year 7 to Year 12, with 11 and 12 separately identified as "Seniors." Many children who don't plan to go on to tertiary education will leave high school after completing their School Certificate (Year 10). Ideally, they then take up paid employment or an apprenticeship. Those who are going on to uni, etc. will stay till Year 12 and complete their Higher School Certificate.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2412 on: February 17, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
Eclair's in a different state from me, so there may be minor differences, but in general this is how it works:

Primary school is Kinder to Year 6, sometimes with K, 1 & 2 separately identified as "Infants." High school is Year 7 to Year 12, with 11 and 12 separately identified as "Seniors." Many children who don't plan to go on to tertiary education will leave high school after completing their School Certificate (Year 10). Ideally, they then take up paid employment or an apprenticeship. Those who are going on to uni, etc. will stay till Year 12 and complete their Higher School Certificate.

In Queensland I think now there is Prep year, plus 12 grades...12 grades are pretty standard. The difference in Queensland is high school is years 8-12, not 7-12 as in most states.

Either way, it costs a lot of money to put your kids through school. I actually think it was cheaper when they were in private Catholic schools.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2413 on: February 17, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
You have to pay for your kid's schools? You don't have public schools or anything?

Where I live, our taxes goes to the schools but yes we do pay for private schools out of our own pockets. Public schools we do not. But we do pay for their lunches and field trips when money is required, same as school trips that would take a few days away from home such as show choir, band trips.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2414 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
lunches are provided for the poor kids.  usually the mexicans.
Misunderstood.