Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65799 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #1440 on: August 04, 2007, 08:36:42 AM »
"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is the only song by The Proclaimers I like. The rest of their songs I don't like. I listened to them online for 30 seconds or 20 on a website to see if I liked them and I didn't.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1441 on: August 04, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »
"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is the only song by The Proclaimers I like. The rest of their songs I don't like. I listened to them online for 30 seconds or 20 on a website to see if I liked them and I didn't.

They haven't had any other hits SG, that's a fact.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1442 on: August 04, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »
eclaire, do you like tism?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1443 on: August 04, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »
eclaire, do you like tism?

The band?  I'm on the drug.  I like that song from memory, but I can't remember a lot of their songs right this minute.  I do remember liking them about 7 years ago.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1444 on: August 05, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »

what about their first hit, "letter from america"?  that was the biggest one over here, as i recall.

it was still shite.

they did a very good cover of "get ready" on the "dumb and dumber" soundtrack, though.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1445 on: August 05, 2007, 12:39:58 AM »

what about their first hit, "letter from america"?   that was the biggest one over here, as i recall.

it was still shite.

they did a very good cover of "get ready" on the "dumb and dumber" soundtrack, though.

That might not have been released here.  I don't recall it.

"I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today"....another pub hit.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #1446 on: August 05, 2007, 01:23:06 AM »
Why do you have a picture of Salma Hayek as your avatar?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1447 on: August 05, 2007, 02:15:16 AM »
Why do you have a picture of Salma Hayek as your avatar?

Scrapheap was being naughty and set it up with his evil powers.  When I found he did it, he offered to take it away, but I like it and think it's cute. 

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1448 on: August 05, 2007, 02:46:51 AM »

I already knew that. That song was the only hit in our country. If I remember right, it was a top hit after Benny & Joon came out. I was surprised because the movie wasn't a top hit when released and it has Johnny Depp in it and he was famous back then too. That's why lot of people have never heard of the movie. You have to be a JD fan to know about it or to even hear about it. Or if you live in Spokane or lived there, then you would probably know too. More people there have heard about the movie or seen it while everywhere else I get lot of 'no's'. I'm sure the movie was top hit there when released because it was filmed there. I have read somewhere online the theater there on Garland Avenue where the restaurant is I eat at, sometimes play movies there for free that were filmed in Spokane. I thought it was cool.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1449 on: August 05, 2007, 02:49:46 AM »

I already knew that. That song was the only hit in our country. If I remember right, it was a top hit after Benny & Joon came out. I was surprised because the movie wasn't a top hit when released and it has Johnny Depp in it and he was famous back then too. That's why lot of people have never heard of the movie. You have to be a JD fan to know about it or to even hear about it. Or if you live in Spokane or lived there, then you would probably know too. More people there have heard about the movie or seen it while everywhere else I get lot of 'no's'. I'm sure the movie was top hit there when released because it was filmed there. I have read somewhere online the theater there on Garland Avenue where the restaurant is I eat at, sometimes play movies there for free that were filmed in Spokane. I thought it was cool.

Maybe people haven't heard of it because the movie really is shit?

I mean, that's OK, I like lots of shit movies, and I've never seen Benny & Joon, but I guess if it was a blockbuster, more people would have heard of it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1450 on: August 05, 2007, 03:12:45 AM »
No the movie isn't shit. It's a good movie. It's about a brother who takes care of his mentally ill sister and she has scared off every housekeeper he has had for her with her vinditive spiteful behavior and she can't be left alone because she does disturbing things to the public like directing traffic, she lights things on fire, but one day at a poker game, Benny and his friend fail to show up so Joon plays instead and she loses and has to take home a cousin which is one of Benny's friend's cousin and he is eccentric, aspie like, obsessed with old movies and Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin so he imitates them from their movies and he and Joon fall in love. benny of course hates it so he kicks him out of their house and Joon is mad and the movie gets sad because Joon has her breakdown because she didn't take her pills and she ends up in the psycharitc ward. Then the movie gets happy again after Benny realizes he was scared about losing her so he decides to let her go by letting her try to live in her own apartment and she of course has Sam again and they live together. Benny decides to try having a relationship with Ruthie. Before he was scared of having one so he was using his sister as a crutch for not having one and Sam had him realize it I believe. But I have a feeling Joon sometimes did things delebrate just to drive Benny mad because he kept her sheltered and was over protective of her. I did the same thing in high school with my aid because she was over protectove of me too so i did things to get her attention and did stuff just to get her reaction such as pretending I was going to pull the fire alarm and the kids were telling me to do it. And boy did she yell my name and yelled at me not to do it thinking I didn't understand what I was doing.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1451 on: August 05, 2007, 03:48:10 AM »
No the movie isn't shit. It's a good movie. It's about a brother who takes care of his mentally ill sister and she has scared off every housekeeper he has had for her with her vinditive spiteful behavior and she can't be left alone because she does disturbing things to the public like directing traffic, she lights things on fire, but one day at a poker game, Benny and his friend fail to show up so Joon plays instead and she loses and has to take home a cousin which is one of Benny's friend's cousin and he is eccentric, aspie like, obsessed with old movies and Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin so he imitates them from their movies and he and Joon fall in love. benny of course hates it so he kicks him out of their house and Joon is mad and the movie gets sad because Joon has her breakdown because she didn't take her pills and she ends up in the psycharitc ward. Then the movie gets happy again after Benny realizes he was scared about losing her so he decides to let her go by letting her try to live in her own apartment and she of course has Sam again and they live together. Benny decides to try having a relationship with Ruthie. Before he was scared of having one so he was using his sister as a crutch for not having one and Sam had him realize it I believe. But I have a feeling Joon sometimes did things delebrate just to drive Benny mad because he kept her sheltered and was over protective of her. I did the same thing in high school with my aid because she was over protectove of me too so i did things to get her attention and did stuff just to get her reaction such as pretending I was going to pull the fire alarm and the kids were telling me to do it. And boy did she yell my name and yelled at me not to do it thinking I didn't understand what I was doing.

my point was, just because you think it's a good movie, doesn't mean it is.
I'm sure everyone doesn't like all the movies I think are good either.

The_P

« Reply #1452 on: August 05, 2007, 09:01:46 AM »
SG, shut the fuck up about Benny & Joon. Seriously, watching paint dry is far more entertaining than to read about your favourite movie.

How is Eclair these days?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1453 on: August 05, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
SG, shut the fuck up about Benny & Joon. Seriously, watching paint dry is far more entertaining than to read about your favourite movie.

I'm fine at the moment, thanks Pea.  :)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1454 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »

don't be such a yogurt top, Bri... :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: