Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65818 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #1395 on: August 02, 2007, 07:26:23 AM »
So, care to expand on what the

:'(

really meant?

Or again, were you hoping I would pull you close to my bosom and comfort you?

glee.

and i get what you meant about the fading flower.

You do?  I meant your interest was fading...

Glee.

Well then I'll use this icon for the opposite of what I am feeling then.   :o

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1396 on: August 02, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
and i will use this one for the exact way that i am feeling  :yawn:
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1397 on: August 02, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »

As I said.  Fading flower.  Tired and old.

Try something new, because your "McJ's Book of Tactics on Pussy" doesn't work on me Sweetcheeks.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1398 on: August 02, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »

Try something new, because your "McJ's Book of Tactics on Pussy" doesn't work on me Sweetcheeks.
i know.

i.
know.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1399 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »

i know.

i.
know.

The sequel is rarely as good.  Don't worry.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1400 on: August 02, 2007, 07:56:02 AM »

i know.

i.
know.

but no-one has ever gotten up and walked out on me.
will you be the first?
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1401 on: August 02, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »

i know.

i.
know.

but no-one has ever gotten up and walked out on me.
will you be the first?

What's worth waiting around for is my viewpoint.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1402 on: August 02, 2007, 07:59:53 AM »
you can tie me up and beat me senseless if that would keep you happy.
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1403 on: August 02, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Has your inability to feel empathy for others caused you many problems?   Do you at least try to find a way to relate to others when they experience tragedy?   I know you felt sorry for your ex's family recently.   Do you find it really difficult to console people and feel genuine when doing so?

I just used to get accused of being a total uncaring asshole all the time.   Like when Katrina happened I told a girl I knew that live in N.O. that people should have evacuated right when the warning was made (it is what we do here afterall).   On 9/11 I told a guy who was in the army reserve, "It sucks to be you" and laughed because I knew we were going to war.   That kind of stuff makes people hate me.   I endeavour now to try to at least relate to people and think before I speak.   I fail quite often in real life at doing this because I can't hit a backspace key and edit posts like I can on the net.    At least I try and struggle with it instead of totally giving in I guess.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1404 on: August 02, 2007, 08:07:10 AM »
Has your inability to feel empathy for others caused you many problems?    Do you at least try to find a way to relate to others when they experience tragedy?   I know you felt sorry for your ex's family recently.   Do you find it really difficult to console people and feel genuine when doing so?

I just used to get accused of being a total uncaring asshole all the time.   Like when Katrina happened I told a girl I knew that live in N.O. that people should have evacuated right when the warning was made (it is what we do here afterall).   On 9/11 I told a guy who was in the army reserve, "It sucks to be you" and laughed because I knew we were going to war.   That kind of stuff makes people hate me.   I endeavour now to try to at least relate to people and think before I speak.   I fail quite often in real life at doing this because I can't hit a backspace key and edit posts like I can on the net.    At least I try and struggle with it instead of totally giving in I guess.

No Alex, you misinterpreted me.  I was referring to the fact that McJ often says that to me.  He has no empathy when he upsets me.

Upsetting others distresses me and I don't know how to deal with it.  Often I do nothing so that makes it worse. 

With my ex, it's a complicated situation.  Mainly because it's the first trauma that either of us has had to deal with apart, but then how do you be a comfort when you aren't together type situation.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1405 on: August 02, 2007, 08:09:48 AM »
Has your inability to feel empathy for others caused you many problems?    Do you at least try to find a way to relate to others when they experience tragedy?   I know you felt sorry for your ex's family recently.   Do you find it really difficult to console people and feel genuine when doing so?

No Alex, you misinterpreted me.  I was referring to the fact that McJ often says that to me.  He has no empathy when he upsets me.

Upsetting others distresses me and I don't know how to deal with it.  Often I do nothing so that makes it worse. 

With my ex, it's a complicated situation.  Mainly because it's the first trauma that either of us has had to deal with apart, but then how do you be a comfort when you aren't together type situation.
or maybe i do not have the understanding to know when i upset another.

of course i care if i upset someone.  i don't want to, and i don't mean to.

i have a problem empathizing with other peoples woes....not inflicted by me.
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1406 on: August 02, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »

Wouldn't be the first time I misinterpreted someone, and I doubt it will be the last.   I don't feel the need to apologize for upsetting people too often myself.   Sounds pretty damn complicated if you are worried about comforting someone you aren't even with anymore.   Obviously you felt close to the person who died yourself, so it was actually traumatic for you in a way.   I don't communicate with either of my ex's so I can't even understand the situation, I wouldn't care if their parents died if I even somehow found out.    I burn bridges.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1407 on: August 02, 2007, 08:28:53 AM »

Wouldn't be the first time I misinterpreted someone, and I doubt it will be the last.   I don't feel the need to apologize for upsetting people too often myself.   Sounds pretty damn complicated if you are worried about comforting someone you aren't even with anymore.   Obviously you felt close to the person who died yourself, so it was actually traumatic for you in a way.   I don't communicate with either of my ex's so I can't even understand the situation, I wouldn't care if their parents died if I even somehow found out.    I burn bridges.

We were together a long time and were supposed to get married this year, so obviously his family means a lot to me to.  That's the hard thing.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1408 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
We were together a long time and were supposed to get married this year, so obviously his family means a lot to me to.  That's the hard thing.

Yeah grieving over someone you actually get close to is hard.  It is good that you actually enjoyed the company of his family.   I am way too full of spite and hatred to do that I think.   

Yeah I was with my first ex for 2+ years and we talked about marriage.   I was friends with her brother and her parents loved me (even though I think they are worthless pieces of shit).   I burn bridges, no fucking joke.   Her parents and one of her friends each spotted me working at the mall.    She showed up at my work and I didn't talk to her, like I promised her I wouldn't.   She left crying for a change.   If I found out her brother died, I would be sad (he warned me about her being a terrible person) but I wouldn't even call her.   I couldn't show up at the funeral either, as I don't ever want to see her again.   The fact that my family hates her as well, makes the circle complete.   I have done the same with a couple of former friends pretty much.   I rarely have an amicable seperation from someone.   I just lose contact forever and never try to get back in touch or it is really ugly.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1409 on: August 02, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »

Oh I thought you were talking about your first husband.