Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65845 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #1230 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
Do you like fluorescent lights?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1231 on: July 19, 2007, 02:26:55 PM »

I do remember when we got our first fluorescent light when I was in primary school and being amazed at how much everything lit up when it was on.

I had flurescent socks in the 80's, does that count?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1232 on: July 19, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »
:rofl:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1233 on: July 19, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

I do remember when we got our first fluorescent light when I was in primary school and being amazed at how much everything lit up when it was on.

I'm taking they don't bother you either. How often do you hear them buzzing or humming whenever you see them?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1234 on: July 19, 2007, 02:55:03 PM »

I'm taking they don't bother you either. How often do you hear them buzzing or humming whenever you see them?

Sometimes.  Can't give you a percentage.  But I do have good hearing and tend to hear things others can't.....

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1235 on: July 19, 2007, 06:45:07 PM »
feeling sexy?
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1236 on: July 20, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »

Sometimes.  Can't give you a percentage.  But I do have good hearing and tend to hear things others can't.....

Why do you put '.....' in your posts? Does it mean anything? Does it mean you were going to say more and you ran out of time or does it mean  'bla bla bla?'

What can you hear other people can't hear?

I have heard things too others can't hear but I don't know if it's because of my young age or I have some sensitive hearing.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1237 on: July 20, 2007, 02:38:19 AM »
feeling sexy?

Sort of, but the effort escapes me lately.  I need an amorous male to fire me up, then whet my appetite.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1238 on: July 20, 2007, 02:42:54 AM »

Why do you put '.....' in your posts? Does it mean anything? Does it mean you were going to say more and you ran out of time or does it mean  'bla bla bla?'

I have heard things too others can't hear but I don't know if it's because of my young age or I have some sensitive hearing.

Why do I do anything, my dear?  Fucked if I know.  Don't analyze me too much, you'll just confuse yourself....trust me, I've been doing it for years - it's a shit job, but someone's gotta do it!  ;)

What can I hear that other people hear?  Buzzing, people tapping or clicking pens drives me insane in meetings...lots of things.

Here's an example - the other night, I'm here and I hear this noise and think "who the fuck has a generator or something going at this time of night"....I get up, walk around the house but can't hear the noise.  Sit back down at the computer and realise it's my wireless modem grinding away....and I thought it was someone's generator for fucks sake!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1239 on: July 20, 2007, 02:45:34 AM »
i'm like that - hearing like a bat (all right - i know it's sonar and not hearing per se, but you know what i mean).  useful in classroooms, mind you.  i terrify the kids, cos i can be writing on the whiteboard, and point at whoever's talking when they shouldn't be, or saying something inappropriate, without turning round.   :eyebrows:

:witch1:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1240 on: July 20, 2007, 02:49:01 AM »
i'm like that - hearing like a bat (all right - i know it's sonar and not hearing per se, but you know what i mean).  useful in classroooms, mind you.  i terrify the kids, cos i can be writing on the whiteboard, and point at whoever's talking when they shouldn't be, or saying something inappropriate, without turning round.   :eyebrows:

I bet you love to act all high and mighty when you berate them!  If only they knew!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1241 on: July 20, 2007, 02:54:22 AM »

Why do I do anything, my dear?  Fucked if I know.  Don't analyze me too much, you'll just confuse yourself....trust me, I've been doing it for years - it's a shit job, but someone's gotta do it!  ;)

What can I hear that other people hear?  Buzzing, people tapping or clicking pens drives me insane in meetings...lots of things.

Here's an example - the other night, I'm here and I hear this noise and think "who the fuck has a generator or something going at this time of night"....I get up, walk around the house but can't hear the noise.  Sit back down at the computer and realise it's my wireless modem grinding away....and I thought it was someone's generator for fucks sake!

I meant that where it's bolded. I don't understand why people do that.

I've done things just like you have and I follow the sound. There is a little moter that runs in my TV when it's plugged in. I heard it the first time last month and it sounded like something was running so I get out of bed and follow the sound and ear it's coming from my dresser and hear it's my TV. I unplug it and I hear it turn off. I had never noticed the sound before until that one night. I can hear it off and on but right now I can't because I have the laptop running and the windows open and it tunes it out. I bet my last bf can hear it though. He has real good hearing and always gave me a hard time about not having very good hearing compare to him. My hearing was just like NT's.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:09:46 AM by Spokane Girl »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1242 on: July 20, 2007, 02:56:14 AM »

I bet you love to act all high and mighty when you berate them!  If only they knew!

they probably wouldn't be surprised - they all think i'm insane, anyway.  but in a nice way - when i'm supply teaching, they all run up to me when i walk into the playground, and ask me if it's them i'm teaching that day.  they get all excited if it is.  still act like little shits, though.  ::)

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1243 on: July 20, 2007, 03:07:18 AM »

they probably wouldn't be surprised - they all think i'm insane, anyway.  but in a nice way - when i'm supply teaching, they all run up to me when i walk into the playground, and ask me if it's them i'm teaching that day.  they get all excited if it is.  still act like little shits, though::)

They are just testing to see if you rooly rooly love them.

God knows half of them probably don't get any attention at home.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1244 on: July 20, 2007, 05:28:21 AM »
feeling sexy?

Sort of, but the effort escapes me lately.  I need an amorous male to fire me up, then whet my appetite.
must he be amorous, or will kinky suffice?
Misunderstood.