Educational

Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65820 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2007, 04:00:33 AM »
no, don't!  who?  WHO?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2007, 04:22:22 AM »
no, don't!  who?  WHO?
I think it's obvious most of us wouldn't like to be mistaken for two certain boys here who are slightly off the rails.
Then again, being mistaken as being Calandale's alter ego might be a bit disconcerting too!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2007, 04:41:35 AM »
Are you happy with the quality of questions you get asked on here?  Or were you hoping for some a little more challenging?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2007, 04:44:20 AM »
Are you happy with the quality of questions you get asked on here?  Or were you hoping for some a little more challenging?
Any questions are fine.  Challenging ones are OK too...mainly because I can't fluff my way through things, I just go straight to the truth.

I'm not saying I would necessarily enjoy challenging ones, but I can guarantee you would always get the truth.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2007, 04:48:29 AM »
But then again, Calandale has misinterpreted that many of my posts he now suspects I am in love with Lit. 

Do you actually believe that I was serious there?
I think I need to put disclaimers when I'm not.

...mainly because I can't fluff my way through things....

You don't like the idea of being a fluffer?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2007, 04:51:51 AM »
Damn I'm all out of challenging questions right now- perhaps I don't know enough about you to know what would challenge you.

Do you ever find that being so upfront about your sexuality causes you problems with either sex? (e.g. women respond bitchily or men are frightened off).

What do you consider your sexual orientation to be?

I've tried to understand some of the women on here...however, some I will never get.

Are you going to tell us which of the women here you don't get and why?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2007, 04:56:33 AM »
But then again, Calandale has misinterpreted that many of my posts he now suspects I am in love with Lit. 

Do you actually believe that I was serious there?
I think I need to put disclaimers when I'm not.

...mainly because I can't fluff my way through things....

You don't like the idea of being a fluffer?

Obviously I know it's pretty clear I detest Lit's views on...well, everything I think, except that he respects Callaway, which is the only thing that comes to mind.  

Re the fluffer:  Unlike you, I do try to be succinct and clear about my stance on things rather than bulllshit everyone to death and end it with a 'oh fuck I want to die anytime soon, the world is so mean to me'....I would add to that, for your own personal information, that I have dealt with people that are suicidal both in my own life and in my working life many years ago.  I just can't tolerate being depressed for the sake of being depressed.  If you want help, go the fuck out there and get it.  This is pretty much the thing that pissed me off about Graelwyn.  I thought she was genuinely depressed, but after a while I figured out she just wanted to wallow in her own filthy stinking mess of shit forever....my sympathy is genuine, but has a short fuse, I'm afraid.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2007, 05:05:27 AM »
Re the fluffer:  Unlike you, I do try to be succinct and clear about my stance on things rather than bulllshit everyone to death and end it with a 'oh fuck I want to die anytime soon, the world is so mean to me'....I would add to that, for your own personal information, that I have dealt with people that are suicidal both in my own life and in my working life many years ago.  I just can't tolerate being depressed for the sake of being depressed.  If you want help, go the fuck out there and get it.  This is pretty much the thing that pissed me off about Graelwyn.  I thought she was genuinely depressed, but after a while I figured out she just wanted to wallow in her own filthy stinking mess of shit forever....my sympathy is genuine, but has a short fuse, I'm afraid.

I think that you've completely (as usual) misinterpreted my desire for
death. It's NOT that I feel the world is mean. It's not even that I'm
depressed (though that makes it seem a tad more attractive). I feel
that death is the gateway that I seek. One reason that I'm not willing
to kill myself is that it must be done at the height of my power. Thus,
seeing dancing as a potential way out. Though, when given the choice,
at the perfect moment, I still turned away and chose life, sadly enough;
but there were some extenuating circumstances, namely love.

Oh, and I don't think you answered my question.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2007, 05:09:51 AM »
Damn I'm all out of challenging questions right now- perhaps I don't know enough about you to know what would challenge you.

Do you ever find that being so upfront about your sexuality causes you problems with either sex? (e.g. women respond bitchily or men are frightened off).

What do you consider your sexual orientation to be?

I've tried to understand some of the women on here...however, some I will never get.

Are you going to tell us which of the women here you don't get and why?

I guess when I was younger I was extremely niaive, specifically about the things that made me attractive to the opposite sex...obviously now in hindsight, having AS enabled me to switch off and I never realised when guys were interested in me at all.  IRL, that still happens funnily enough.  I can equally flirt with women, but I don't think of it as flirting in a sexual nature for the most part...I just like to know people are comfortable with that side of themselves I guess.  

From experience, most women have told me after they got to know me better that they found me extremely intimidating when they first met me, which honestly makes me feel sad deep down in my real life friendships...but I guess that's a bit of female conditioning that goes on.  Men find me intimidating too though, now I think about it.  There used to be a running joke at one of my jobs that I would be screaming orders in the bedroom!

My sexual orientation...straight really.  I've dabbled very precariously with women, but I would always be the dominating one...but it's sort of a fine line really anyway with me in the bedroom.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2007, 05:12:04 AM »
So you don't feel comfortable answering my last question?  That's fine.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2007, 05:18:28 AM »
So you don't feel comfortable answering my last question?  That's fine.
No, I just realised I didn't answer it.
I would answer it, however, it may come across as a personal attack.  I guess I was just disappointed that Fatty thought that posting pics of herself was a way to get attention from guys...and the reason I was disappointed was because I think she has wit, and a decent brain on her shouldrs and I just don't think resorting to looks is always the best option. 

Despite me asking her sensible questions in her Ask Away thread, she completely ignored them.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2007, 05:22:32 AM »
Re the fluffer:  Unlike you, I do try to be succinct and clear about my stance on things rather than bulllshit everyone to death and end it with a 'oh fuck I want to die anytime soon, the world is so mean to me'....I would add to that, for your own personal information, that I have dealt with people that are suicidal both in my own life and in my working life many years ago.  I just can't tolerate being depressed for the sake of being depressed.  If you want help, go the fuck out there and get it.  This is pretty much the thing that pissed me off about Graelwyn.  I thought she was genuinely depressed, but after a while I figured out she just wanted to wallow in her own filthy stinking mess of shit forever....my sympathy is genuine, but has a short fuse, I'm afraid.

I think that you've completely (as usual) misinterpreted my desire for
death. It's NOT that I feel the world is mean. It's not even that I'm
depressed (though that makes it seem a tad more attractive). I feel
that death is the gateway that I seek. One reason that I'm not willing
to kill myself is that it must be done at the height of my power. Thus,
seeing dancing as a potential way out. Though, when given the choice,
at the perfect moment, I still turned away and chose life, sadly enough;
but there were some extenuating circumstances, namely love.

Oh, and I don't think you answered my question.
It's late, so unless you can be specific, I can't work out what your question was.
I don't care much for your description of why you want or think you want to die.  I hope you don't die, I hope that you sort things out...but as I said, my tolerance and patience on the subject is limited.  Not your fault. 

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2007, 05:28:02 AM »
OK I get that, I suppose just because you don't get people you still don't want them to feel like you're attacking them. And I'm sorry if you feel like I put you in an awkward position with that question- you just got me curious with that comment.

I always get disappointed myself when people ignore or fluff their answers to the more sensible questions, I guess some people just feel less comfortable opening up to so many people that they don't really know.

As for the looks Vs. brains thing- I often wonder if that's where I differ from men- I've been told repeatedly that men are visual thinkers and need the pics in order to be turned on, to be honest though I'd be disappointed (or maybe disillusioned) if that was true. I'm not claiming that looks don't matter to me at all here, I just think looks without the brains are wasted.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2007, 05:32:46 AM »
OK I get that, I suppose just because you don't get people you still don't want them to feel like you're attacking them. And I'm sorry if you feel like I put you in an awkward position with that question- you just got me curious with that comment.

I always get disappointed myself when people ignore or fluff their answers to the more sensible questions, I guess some people just feel less comfortable opening up to so many people that they don't really know.

As for the looks Vs. brains thing- I often wonder if that's where I differ from men- I've been told repeatedly that men are visual thinkers and need the pics in order to be turned on, to be honest though I'd be disappointed (or maybe disillusioned) if that was true. I'm not claiming that looks don't matter to me at all here, I just think looks without the brains are wasted.
Brains have always, and will always outdo looks in my department...that's probably what has pissed a lot of good looking guys off with me.

Yes, you are right about the personal attack thing.  I like to think there is good in most people...except Lit...he's pushing my limits of inclusivity!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2007, 05:35:49 AM »
Looks are just there, it takes some skill to turn someone on mentally imo.