Author Topic: what is everyones real name here  (Read 4075 times)

Litigious

Re: what is everyones real name here
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
and btw i thought you werent a moderator. but a mediator. so wich is it, because a mediator doesnt lock shit but do something esle

I think the difference is one of area of responsibilities, not overall abilities or powers. This whole issue has been discussed half to death, I thought.

Richard, stop trying to convince yourself that the button's presence is the only issue. It is more complicated, than whether you, or anyone, can or not close threads. There is also the question of whether you have the right to do something, while completely omitting other's rights from consideration.

All mediators have the same powers as the admins, though none of us barely uses them, since this is a free speech board.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »
and btw i thought you werent a moderator. but a mediator. so wich is it, because a mediator doesnt lock shit but do something esle

I think the difference is one of area of responsibilities, not overall abilities or powers. This whole issue has been discussed half to death, I thought.

Richard, stop trying to convince yourself that the button's presence is the only issue. It is more complicated, than whether you, or anyone, can or not close threads. There is also the question of whether you have the right to do something, while completely omitting other's rights from consideration.

All mediators have the same powers as the admins, though none of us barely uses them, since this is a free speech board.

That is true as far as locking and unlocking threads, but Mediators cannot change other people's profiles or anything like that while Administrators can.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »
Why did Richard suddenly become a fucking spaz-clown (to this degree at least) ?? Is he taking ginsing or something ??

Probably drunk, but I fear that he has been jacking off in front of a mirror again. Not many things could impact a delicate ASD psyche, more profoundly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

That is true as far as locking and unlocking threads, but Mediators cannot change other people's profiles or anything like that while Administrators can.

OK. My ignorance again.  ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »

and i was advocating for free speech.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2007, 03:48:50 PM »
And you did it well. Richard's being a dick, figuratively and literally.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »

That is a nightmare to parse.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »

That is a nightmare to parse.

i used them to advocate for free speech.

btw- it looks like the situation may soon be resolved.
in short-richard got his black arse pwned.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2007, 08:44:35 PM »

i used them to advocate for free speech.

So you are indeed one who doesn't barely use them?

richard

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2007, 08:47:41 PM »
macjagger should be banned everytime he uses the word owned, you just wait till im moderator bitch, ill be fucking with your shit all over the place

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2007, 12:54:50 AM »
macjagger should be banned everytime he uses the word owned, you just wait till im moderator bitch, ill be fucking with your shit all over the place

As others have said, start a vote. Quit whining, at the very least. McJ hasn't censored anyone, but you tried to.

Oh, and the chances of you becoming a mod are nonexistent (since there are no moderators here).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2007, 12:57:43 AM »
Couldn't we vote to have moderators?
We could make them have less than normal
power then.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2007, 12:58:16 AM »
Why would we want them at all?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2007, 12:58:57 AM »
My thought exactly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2007, 01:07:01 AM »
Didn't say that we would. Just thinking that non-existant is a bit extreme