Author Topic: How wars and world conflicts can help people  (Read 719 times)

Yupa

How wars and world conflicts can help people
« on: April 24, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »
World conflict is beneficial in that it:

1. Can do something at which nature has failed: Keep down the human population
2. Can improve the economy of whoever wins by allowing them access to a greater variety of natural resources
3. Can be used to physically combat racism and economic inequality by allowing us to kill those responsible.
4. Ensures that no one country has too much control over any given area of land

If anyone has any others, feel free to share.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:03:32 PM by Yupa »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: How wars and world conflicts can help people
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:52:47 PM »
2. Can improve the economy of whoever wins by allowing them access to a greater variety of natural resources

Only in computer games; the allies won WWII, but Britian was economically crippled by it.  War is only good business for military suppliers and the vultures of the economy.

5. Forces a redistribution of resources from the production of luxuries to research and development, resulting in advances that benefit society for decades to come.

6. Provides a catalyst for social revolution and the destruction of antiquated and dysfunctional social systems.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:02:35 AM »

4. Ensures that no one country has too much control over any given area of land

I disagree at the moment it seems to be being used so that one country can increase its control over another.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »
Throughout the History of Mankind when He went tribal We have endure this type of warfare. Even when City-States and even Nations where created too. The only way to change it is to change Mankind in the end. That would be even harder to do in the end for Mankind will see whatever threats to its existence as a threat in the end. That is what makes Mankind so strong and yet so weak. The short comings are with All of Us to change these short comings Together in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 07:55:47 AM »
No the real way to change it is to get rid of these people who's life is so stale they need a nationality to form part of their identity. I think we need to not have pretty tri colours and fancy star n stripe flags what we need for our national flag is pictures of our parents fucking. Lets see people salute to that.

Also it is possible to change perceptions and make people more toleranet of each other maybe not within peoples lifetimes but in successive generations. I know for a fact i am far more tolerant of other ethnic peoples and cultures then my great grandparents ever were because I was born into multiculturalism.

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:42:40 AM »
Quote from: Praetor
No the real way to change it is to get rid of these people who's life is so stale they need a nationality to form part of their identity. I think we need to not have pretty tri colours and fancy star n stripe flags what we need for our national flag is pictures of our parents fucking. Lets see people salute to that.

Isn't that a Bill Hicks line?

I always preferred Bernard Manning myself.
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 02:28:02 PM »
Yep

Though recently ive been talking my lodger on his attitudes towards "Wogs" and "paki's" very funny i have to say these yorkshire people are and the attitude differance is so apparent. But considering there a differnt cultural group of muslims to the ones from my home town I can certainly see why his attitude is more hostile. These Yeman muslims are alot more hostile and closed as a community then the pakistani community i know back home. Saying that I think any muslims whove moved to the traditional working class areas of England have probably reacted in a similair way considering the attitudes of the local white working class population towards them has hardly been welcoming.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »
bump!