Educational

Author Topic: "They Don't Have Feelings" Update  (Read 528 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
"They Don't Have Feelings" Update
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:06:21 PM »
Updated in new thread because old thread has switched topics.

So, we went over AS and AD in class today.  I didn't say anything to the woman, but I thought I'd share something rather hilarious that happened.  As I've said, this woman is elderly and usually acts like she lit up a joint before class.  ANyway, she randomly started talking in class about this young boy with Asperger's she knew (demonstrating in the process- through her theories about why he was an Aspie- that she hadn't read the assigned textbook reading, by the way).  The funny part:  When she said something along the lines of:

"You woulnd't believe some of the things that come out of his mouth.  Sometimes you just want to throw him out the window."

I, personally, wanted to roll on the floor laughing, as she had just described herself.  Ah, man, I wonder if anyone else in the class caught that, or if I'm just really biased, but I wish I'd been able to record it word-for-word and post it, because it was REALLY ironic.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:07:41 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: "They Don't Have Feelnigs" Update
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Do you want to defenestrate the elderly woman?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Do you want to defenestrate the elderly woman?

Dearly.

But only because we Aspies can't empathize with other people and have no sense that others feel pain when we don't, etc etc.   :angel:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »
Too bad you did not get a chance to talk to her.  Is she the only one in the class who acts like she is stoned clueless?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
Too bad you did not get a chance to talk to her.  Is she the only one in the class who acts like she is stoned clueless?

Nobody even approaches her in cluelessness, or if they do, they know to keep their mouths shut, and I'm the only one who talks as much.  I'm socially clueless, but when I say something in a spychology class, it's generally in keeping with (or not in conflict with) what we should already know from our assigned readings.  She also occasionally floats down from mars to talk to the earthlings and the aspie; today she asked me about something from our study questions that I coudln't even answer because I hadn't paid attention to the study questions yet; instead, I'd read the assigned chapter.  (We went over the answers to the study questions in class- there's logic behind my method.)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »
Sometimes people in my classes have said utterly rediculous things that made them look confused, biased, and ignorant.  And sometimes I have asked them to clarify what they said, hoping that they would say something they didnt think to add before that would make it all better.  I have learned that what they usually have to say only makes me lose even more faith in humanity.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 02:34:22 AM »
Sometimes people in my classes have said utterly rediculous things that made them look confused, biased, and ignorant.  And sometimes I have asked them to clarify what they said, hoping that they would say something they didnt think to add before that would make it all better.  I have learned that what they usually have to say only makes me lose even more faith in humanity.

Those jerks are all over the universities and high schools around the world. The interesting thing, though, is that my impression is that they're usually not AS people but NTs, who think they're very smart and different and have "theories" of their own. Jerks.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »

Those jerks are all over the universities and high schools around the world. The interesting thing, though, is that my impression is that they're usually not AS people but NTs, who think they're very smart and different and have "theories" of their own. Jerks.

Kind of like "Cliff" from Cheers ??

Litigious

Re: "They Don't Have Feelings" Update
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 02:50:49 AM »
I haven't watched "Cheers" that much, but they're the typical kind of pseudo-intellectual wankers.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 07:44:57 AM »

Kind of like "Cliff" from Cheers ??

Supposedly Cliff was Aspie.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »
Supposedly Cliff was Aspie.

What about Butters from South Park? That kid is DEFINITELY As.