Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249301 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #19005 on: July 15, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
Will this stupid annoying persistant dry cough go away?? I've had it for weeks now. Suppressants are only half working and it's disturbing people at work too :thumbdn:

Also, I wish I knew what size sofa could fit in my new place. I was thinking of getting a chaise sofa from Fantastic Furniture, but then I went there and sat on all of them. The seat "cushions" feel like they're stuffed with cardboard. Now I'm leaning towards getting something more expensive from Hardly Normal or Oz Design, just for the sake of getting something my ass can tolerate. Their chaise sofas run a bit big in dimensions is all.

I had a cold earlier this summer that came with a persistent cough.  My husband nagged me to go to the doctor about it, and the doctor said that the persistent cough seemed to go along with that particular cold.  It sounds to me like you got the same one.

Can you measure your new place?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19006 on: July 15, 2011, 09:14:53 AM »
Will this stupid annoying persistant dry cough go away?? I've had it for weeks now. Suppressants are only half working and it's disturbing people at work too :thumbdn:

Also, I wish I knew what size sofa could fit in my new place. I was thinking of getting a chaise sofa from Fantastic Furniture, but then I went there and sat on all of them. The seat "cushions" feel like they're stuffed with cardboard. Now I'm leaning towards getting something more expensive from Hardly Normal or Oz Design, just for the sake of getting something my ass can tolerate. Their chaise sofas run a bit big in dimensions is all.

I had a cold earlier this summer that came with a persistent cough.  My husband nagged me to go to the doctor about it, and the doctor said that the persistent cough seemed to go along with that particular cold.  It sounds to me like you got the same one.

I had my cold over a month ago now.

Not until the pre-settlement inspection in early august sometime. But I'll see if I can get a looksee in there after the tenants leave, if they haven't already.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19007 on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
I wish I came to intensity earlier, there's so much history to this place and stuff I wanna know about.

Most of it is still readable here. The original Intensity was up for a while but I think Neuroman took it down again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19008 on: July 15, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »

I had my cold over a month ago now.

Not until the pre-settlement inspection in early august sometime. But I'll see if I can get a looksee in there after the tenants leave, if they haven't already.

I had my cold some time in May and I think I had the persistent cough until late June or early July.  I still get one if I laugh too hard.

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19009 on: July 15, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
Tramadol withdrawal is fucking awful. Why the fuck did I go cold turkey. Fuck.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19010 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
Odeon's fly is visiting me.  Hope he goes home pronto.  I'm trying to send him to that landing pad in the sky.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19011 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »

Never been through it, but  :hug:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19012 on: July 15, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »

Never been through it, but  :hug:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19013 on: July 16, 2011, 12:40:49 AM »

I only ever took Tramadol for pain after my appendectomy, but I took it as needed and didn't notice any problems stopping.  I think that my pain tended to be more noticeable when I was trying to sleep, so I took it for a few more days just at bedtime, so that might be why I didn't have any problems.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19014 on: July 16, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
Odeon's fly is visiting me.  Hope he goes home pronto.  I'm trying to send him to that landing pad in the sky.

Watch it, I managed to kill the bastard so the one visiting you is probably a zombie.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19015 on: July 16, 2011, 03:45:32 AM »

:( My sympathies.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19016 on: July 16, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »
Thanks people :)
I should have said, I never abused the drugs or anything. Was on maximum dosages and then built up a tolerance and needed more, then side effects kicked in so I went cold turkey and this happened. :P
My parents went ape, they don't believe me :laff:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #19017 on: July 16, 2011, 08:23:41 AM »
I should have said, I never abused the drugs or anything. Was on maximum dosages and then built up a tolerance and needed more, then side effects kicked in so I went cold turkey and this happened. :P

I know someone else who had a problem with it.  His doc just refused to give him anymore,  i dunno if he should have tried to
stop slowly?  he used to pay people to blag a prescription for it!

He is completely fine now i should say,  so hope your symptoms ease. :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19018 on: July 16, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »

I'm sorry, I never meant to imply that you took too much Tramadol or misused it in any way.  I meant that I took less than the maximum dose and took less as the pain got better, ending with taking it only at night for a few days, so that may be why I didn't have problems stopping it.

This is probably TMI, but if you get constipation problems taking this or any other opiate, MiraLax worked well on that for me.  Before MiraLax existed, Dulcolax also worked, but gave me tummy cramps.

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19019 on: July 16, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »

I'm sorry, I never meant to imply that you took too much Tramadol or misused it in any way.  I meant that I took less than the maximum dose and took less as the pain got better, ending with taking it only at night for a few days, so that may be why I didn't have problems stopping it.

This is probably TMI, but if you get constipation problems taking this or any other opiate, MiraLax worked well on that for me.  Before MiraLax existed, Dulcolax also worked, but gave me tummy cramps.
No worries :P
also probably TMI but I'm on that miralax stuff now, life saver. :laff: