Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 252325 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #2880 on: November 26, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
I'm focussing on my eyes too much, I think. Never had stereo vision so I'm comparing one eye with the other, and now I've decided that the left is different from the right. So it's either that I'm going blind or that I'm being obsessive-compulsive. Being the positive-minded fellow I am, the former is seems more likely.

Could be that the latter is more to the point, though, considering that I'm off Zoloft and no longer comfortably numb.

How do you manage to have two functioning eyes and not have stereo vision?  I often have a difference in colour perception between my eyes, with the left one being more blue-balanced and the right one being more red-balanced.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2881 on: November 26, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
(Well, she's a miniature chihuahua- kinda hard to take her seriously.)

For the first twenty seconds you had me trying to figure out what a person would be like who would be described as a "miniature chihuahua".  :o
Lol.

Nope, it was just a shaggy dog joke.

I'm focussing on my eyes too much, I think. Never had stereo vision so I'm comparing one eye with the other, and now I've decided that the left is different from the right. So it's either that I'm going blind or that I'm being obsessive-compulsive. Being the positive-minded fellow I am, the former is seems more likely.

Could be that the latter is more to the point, though, considering that I'm off Zoloft and no longer comfortably numb.

I get that with my contact lenses- they dry assymetrically.  Annoying as fuck.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2882 on: November 26, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »

My left eye is different from my right eye too.  I think that almost everybody has differences in the vision of each of their eyes.

I think that the last time my eyes were checked, the vision in my left eye was 20/17 and the vision in my right eye was 20/18.

Do you wear glasses?  How long has it been since your eyes were checked by an ophthalmologist?  If it has been over a year, would going for a check-up to see if anything is substantially different with your eyes from the last time they were checked reassure you?

Also, haven't you been having migraines lately?  Migraines can affect your vision on one side.

That's why I went to see the ophthalmologist, because the migraines would blur the vision in my right eye and I thought maybe something was wrong with my eye.

I've only had one migraine, lately. The little one lasting from somewhere last week until yesterday.  Yeah, I know you're right, but my OCD brain is disagreeing with you. It *knows* there's something wrong.

My left is somewhat blurred still, so I guess you're right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2883 on: November 26, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

How do you manage to have two functioning eyes and not have stereo vision?  I often have a difference in colour perception between my eyes, with the left one being more blue-balanced and the right one being more red-balanced.

Easy: they used to point in slightly different directions and after five or so operations, they're still not perfectly aligned. I have to live with it, too, because correcting the slight squint would possibly give me double vision instead. I had that for a while, after one of the operations, and it was no fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2884 on: November 26, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »
Good luck with that, DirtDawg.

Thank you.

So far, so good. The boss (General Manager, who makes decisions on hiring - chose to hire me, for instance) is telling me things that are considered "Top Secret" by corporate decree. It seems obvious that he plans to keep me on, after the main seasonal rush.

I may have found a new home in retail.

(I never thioguht I could do retail!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2885 on: November 26, 2007, 04:48:34 PM »
19 isn't old?  :laugh:

i was born in the 80s! seems like ages ago lol

I felt OLD in the 80's.  :laugh:

Me, too!

::D:

You were.  :angel:

Nah, not true! That's bullshit.

...  I was my best man in the eighties.

In the eighties, I was at least four times as strong as my early boxing career in high school, judging by how many pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats, and how serious I was with my tai chi (dynamic stretching exercises), Aikido (personal space defense), Kung Fu (killing) and I could run eight or ten miles per day and did it five times per week, wasn't smoking, never drank. I was in the best physical conditioning of my entire life in the eighties. I also experienced the greatest monetary successes. There were no younger men who even tried to keep up with me. Earliy thirties can be your best times. I also fucked more women than in any other time of my life. I lived good during that time. I was not old, yet. I was catching my stride.

I only felt old when I tried to keep up with some of the young women I had enticed into my bed. I would not want it any other way, though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:50:48 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2886 on: November 26, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »
Early thirties was a good time, agreed. *feels a wave of nostalgia pass*

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2887 on: November 26, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
yeah. the odd effect should go with time though hopefully. Sensory weirdness is part of the territory with withdrawal. :GA:

Yeah.
I did Zoloft for over a year. I had some difficulties getting off it, too. I tapered off like I was supposed to, but it was a bitch!

I didn't have any ocular/visual problems, though. I had full blown, total body, sensory hallucinations, jumping out of my skin at nothing type shit, and severe anxiety.

Zoloft did not work for me. It did not make me comfortably numb. It made me cry and feel sorry for everyone. It took me a while to figure it all out. I trusted the doctor too much, back then.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2888 on: November 26, 2007, 05:02:36 PM »
Early thirties was a good time, agreed. *feels a wave of nostalgia pass*
*grabs at that wave, but it's out of reach*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2889 on: November 26, 2007, 05:06:30 PM »
yeah. the odd effect should go with time though hopefully. Sensory weirdness is part of the territory with withdrawal. :GA:

Yeah.
I did Zoloft for over a year. I had some difficulties getting off it, too. I tapered off like I was supposed to, but it was a bitch!

I went cold turkey. Not recommended, but after all I'd read, I just couldn't stand the thought of taking it again.

I didn't have any ocular/visual problems, though. I had full blown, total body, sensory hallucinations, jumping out of my skin at nothing type shit, and severe anxiety.

Zoloft did not work for me. It did not make me comfortably numb. It made me cry and feel sorry for everyone. It took me a while to figure it all out. I trusted the doctor too much, back then.

Zoloft made me numb, sometimes comfortably, but I didn't even realise how numb I was until years had gone by. It got so bad that I was unable to read a book from cover to cover because I couldn't focus. It suppressed the OCD and the depression, but it suppressed everything else, too.

It's a nasty drug. I can't believe that doctors will routinely prescribe it to people for a year at a time, with little or no follow-up after that. Just another prescription for another year.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2890 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »
I think I'm going blind. Either that or my OCD is back.  :-\

Didn't your mother tell you that would happen? ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2891 on: November 26, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I think I'm going blind. Either that or my OCD is back.  :-\

Didn't your mother tell you that would happen? ::)

She did. I didn't listen.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2892 on: November 26, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »
I can't believe I lost some of my game cases for my games. I hope I didn't lose any with games inside them. That be bad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2893 on: November 26, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »

Yeah.

I went cold turkey. Not recommended, but after all I'd read, I just couldn't stand the thought of taking it again.

Zoloft made me numb, sometimes comfortably, but I didn't even realise how numb I was until years had gone by. It got so bad that I was unable to read a book from cover to cover because I couldn't focus. It suppressed the OCD and the depression, but it suppressed everything else, too.

It's a nasty drug. I can't believe that doctors will routinely prescribe it to people for a year at a time, with little or no follow-up after that. Just another prescription for another year.

No shit!

My old doctor prescribed it to me after just a few questions I asked, involving my inability to focus. I think they get kickbacks, over here, from the drug companies.

ozymandias

« Reply #2894 on: November 26, 2007, 08:45:49 PM »

Yeah.

No shit!

My old doctor prescribed it to me after just a few questions I asked, involving my inability to focus. I think they get kickbacks, over here, from the drug companies.

Being married to a pharmacist and being a nurse..........................drug companies are ruthless and unscrupulous...............so what else is new.  MONEY TALKS!!  Oh the things I could tell you! >:(