Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249403 times)

TheoK

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #8400 on: April 24, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Youtube, what the fuck is wrong with the people running that site? They're taking out the audio, and now I guess they're disabling embedded videos. Sure I can probably google my way around the latter, but still this is getting ridiculous. If they don't want the video shared why even bother keeping the video on their website?

That's called political correctness. In my country you can't even watch all videos without a proxy and it's even worse for the poor Germans.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8401 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
My external hard drive was knocked off the table this morning by the bitch and it broke the internal read/write mechanism. Of course, it was my fault for having it out in the first place. I was in the middle of downloading stuff from iTunes when it happened! I had not backed it up since January, so I am hoping I can take it somewhere to get my data. My entire music, video, and photo libraries are on there, and I have been downloading almost everything in recent months! Fuck!!!!!!

Been researching how to get my iTunes library back from my iPod Classic. Apple is giving me the run-around, even though they apparently have an unstated, one-time do-over policy for its users. I download mostly from Amazon.com, because they are cheaper, I get extra points on my Amazon.com Visa, which allows me to get free $25 gift certificates (just got third one this year), and the files don't have all of the DRM, blahdy blah. I don't share music, but I still should be able to do with it as I please with any of my iPods or other music technologies. If anybody knows the secret wore to get them to do this, then let me know.

I have found lots of software online, and not too expensive, that can recover lost, deleted, corrupted, etc. files from your iPod, but they never discuss just plain copying everything back and then importing into your iTunes library again.

I did find a blog about how to unhide the files on the iPod Classic and then copy it all back to your hard drive and then re-import into iTunes, so I suppose I'll try that tonight. Anybody ever had any experience with this?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8402 on: April 26, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
no more beer :(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8403 on: April 27, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »

I don't have a new one, but the old one is still working against me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8404 on: April 27, 2009, 03:07:40 AM »

OK, now I have a new one.

Fucking nap only lasted about an hour!

... nuff said.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8405 on: April 27, 2009, 08:50:44 AM »
To the dickhead in the cubicle next to me. He is only here a couple of days a week, but every Monday he clips his fucking nails at his desk. That is a very annoying thing to do in a shared space. The noise is disturbing. :zombiefuck:
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8406 on: April 27, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »
To the dickhead in the cubicle next to me. He is only here a couple of days a week, but every Monday he clips his fucking nails at his desk. That is a very annoying thing to do in a shared space. The noise is disturbing. :zombiefuck:

Personal grooming should be just that personal,  The nail thing drives me crazy :hair:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8407 on: April 27, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »

Personal grooming should be just that personal,  The nail thing drives me crazy :hair:

I tend to agree with that.

I see women at work in the break room filing their nails and clouds of their DNA ridden fingernail dust garbage waft around the room and fall on everyone's meals.

Obviously, I eat outside or in my car or anywhere but near the 'nail bitches.

I don't think they even know how much it stinks.

:puke:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8408 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »

I see women at work in the break room filing their nails and clouds of their DNA ridden fingernail dust garbage waft around the room and fall on everyone's meals.

That's fucking gross! :zombiefuck: I understand breaking a nail or something and having to do an emergency trim and/or file, but not where people eat. Take it outside or into a stall in the bathroom.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8409 on: April 27, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

My mom used to make a noise by flicking her fingernails that sounded much like that.  It was a signal to my brothers and me to stop talking or whatever we were doing when we were in church, or else we couldn't sit with our friends and would have to sit with her.  When she made this noise, we all three always turned to look at her to see if she was looking at one of us.

Her method worked well until the day a man actually clipped his fingernails in church and made this same sound. 

TheoK

« Reply #8410 on: April 27, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
Going to church doesn't sound healthy in the first place.  :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8411 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

That's fucking gross! :zombiefuck: I understand breaking a nail or something and having to do an emergency trim and/or file, but not where people eat. Take it outside or into a stall in the bathroom.

There are quite a number of self centered people who live here. It seems that common courtesy is not so common these days.  I hope it is a localized phenomenon and when I get out of here, I will find ...

[/dreaming, in one hand, shitting in the other]

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8412 on: April 27, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
Going to church doesn't sound healthy in the first place.  :zombiefuck:

It's not that bad for kids, dude. Kids are more interested in all the cool stuff there is to do and even our autistic social rejects have fun doing regular kid stuff.
My daughter gets to fingerpaint a lot, which, for a tactile oriented person, is awesome. My son gets to read to a younger class about cute kid stories. For an "unsure of himself" genius reader, this is a bit of an ego boost (which he NEEDS!).

I work on Sundays, but my wife is a constant volunteer for the ones who need. I volunteered in the music programs of several local churches for many years after I left professional performance. It was good for me!

You can use the same logic they use on each other to set it right in your mind if you are weak enough to need a crutch. "One can live IN the world without living OF the world."   It works both ways. I can go and enjoy working with the youth music program at a church and take nothing harmful away, only good for myself.

(don't worry, it's not like they are "real people,"  anyway. It doesn't hurt!)

TheoK

« Reply #8413 on: April 27, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »
It's no cool stuff for a kid in a Swedish church. It's Lutheran and naked.  :-\

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8414 on: April 27, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
It's no cool stuff for a kid in a Swedish church. It's Lutheran and naked.  :-\