Author Topic: Ask the Misogynist anything  (Read 13184 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Ask Litigious anything
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
And you're enough of an optimist to think
that whatever came of it would be better?
Anarchy would lead to tyranny. Petty at
first, and then more extensive. How many
thousands of years would your experiment
have to last, before you decided that it
wasn't worth the cost?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2007, 07:06:51 AM »
And you're enough of an optimist to think
that whatever came of it would be better?
Anarchy would lead to tyranny. Petty at
first, and then more extensive. How many
thousands of years would your experiment
have to last, before you decided that it
wasn't worth the cost?
i believe in:

you never know!

i hope that wasn't a direct question at the end of your statement, because if it was then it was stupid!
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
I don't hate everything, but I hate the gun law, the bureaucracy etc. I'm a realist, so I know that I don't have a big chance to get a Green Card. But there are other European countries that also are better than Sweden. Southern Germany, Austria or Switzerland would be nice. Or maybe Belgium or the Netherlands. Some of those small countries have relatively liberal gun laws and people there are more freedom loving, at least in Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Do you plan on moving to one of them in the future or are you just toying with the idea?  Or do you want to stay in Sweden forever and just bitch about it without taking action?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Litigious

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »
I don't hate everything, but I hate the gun law, the bureaucracy etc. I'm a realist, so I know that I don't have a big chance to get a Green Card. But there are other European countries that also are better than Sweden. Southern Germany, Austria or Switzerland would be nice. Or maybe Belgium or the Netherlands. Some of those small countries have relatively liberal gun laws and people there are more freedom loving, at least in Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Do you plan on moving to one of them in the future or are you just toying with the idea?  Or do you want to stay in Sweden forever and just bitch about it without taking action?

I actually have a hard time do decide which. I feel old and tired.  :(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »
Are you afraid that if you moved, it would dawn on you that the grass actually wasn't greener on the other side?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2007, 12:11:53 PM »
Great. Just what we need in the US,
more gun nuts.  :-*

Yes, since you have more gun laws than the Second Amendment, which is the only gun law a country ever needs, you need more freedom loving people over there. And I mean this seriously.

I think that you're taking the NRA's line on the amendment.
It's not at all clear that a bunch of people with their own
firearms constitute a "well ordered militia." On the other
hand, the govt seems to dislike groups of freedom loving
individuals who do seem to qualify. I just don't understand
the positions that are taken on this amendment.

The second amendment exists in two parts.

First, "A well regulated Militia" establishes the existence of the National guard. (Technically, the only legal army in the US. Read the Constitution, the US Army exists illegaly. The constitution forbids a peacetime standing army.)

Second, Establishes the right of the people to keep and bear arms. (The people being the same people in the first amendment, that is, the general population)

Litigious

« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »
Are you afraid that if you moved, it would dawn on you that the grass actually wasn't greener on the other side?

I know that the gun laws and some other things are different (better, in my opinion) in the US and I know many Swedes living in the US, who cannot imagine moving back to Sweden, but I've never been there myself. But I actually also do feel old and tired. I'm 36. It would have been much, much easier 10 years ago.

Scrapheap

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »

I know that the gun laws and some other things are different (better, in my opinion) in the US and I know many Swedes living in the US, who cannot imagine moving back to Sweden, but I've never been there myself. But I actually also do feel old and tired. I'm 36. It would have been much, much easier 10 years ago.

Old people love the South Western US. Maybe you just need some warmer weather ??

Litigious

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34:17 PM »

Old people love the South Western US. Maybe you just need some warmer weather ??

Maybe. My brother loves California and we have an uncle in Florida. But my brother also wanted to move to the US before, and he's been there several times, but it seems that he has given up the hope of moving. I wonder why, but it seems like he can't explain why. It's not that he likes Sweden in particular, because he doesn't. And he still likes the US, so that's not the reason either.  ???

Scrapheap

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »
Maybe. My brother loves California and we have an uncle in Florida. But my brother also wanted to move to the US before, and he's been there several times, but it seems that he has given up the hope of moving. I wonder why, but it seems like he can't explain why. It's not that he likes Sweden in particular, because he doesn't. And he still likes the US, so that's not the reason either.  ???

You might like the Desert States too like: Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, parts of Idaho and Texas.

Litigious

« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »
My brother liked Nevada.  :)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
Alaska's supposed to be nice this time of year. :eyebrows:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »

They have the best gun law in the US next to Vermont. Alaskan gun law. It's just so totally absurd to have to leave your country because of a sick gun law. There should at least be a right to carry in self-defense. :-\

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »

They have the best gun law in the US next to Vermont. Alaskan gun law. It's just so totally absurd to have to leave your country because of a sick gun law. There should at least be a right to carry in self-defense. :-\

You wouldn't be leaving because of the gun law.  You wouldn't be leaveing because of any of the other Swedish laws, rules, regs and policies you randomly lambast in every conversation.  You'd be leaveing because of the fact that you, personally, disagree with them enough that they've become intolerable to you.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Litigious

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2007, 04:00:49 PM »

You wouldn't be leaving because of the gun law.  You wouldn't be leaveing because of any of the other Swedish laws, rules, regs and policies you randomly lambast in every conversation.  You'd be leaveing because of the fact that you, personally, disagree with them enough that they've become intolerable to you.

That's true. But there is a paradox: I'm an aspie. I hate changes. Even changes to the better are very hard for me before they're accomplished. But I will at least try to win the Green Card lottery. And if that turns out to be impossible, I can always move within Europe.  :)