Educational

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Unicorn Giggles

• Rookie (be kind to me)
Hi
« on: February 13, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
Hello, I guess I might as well introduce myself now so The_P can relax .  I'm 20 yrs old, Male, I was just recently diagnosed with having AS.  I am currently a college student and I work part time at a staples, (terrible fucking job).  um..I just woke up so I havent started thinking yet, If you want to know anything about me just ask.  Oh yeah, the really gay name thing, I'm not gay, I have a girlfriend (her name is Melissa).  And no, I am not that easily offended, I was "Otherwise Occupied"  :eyebrows:  for most of yesterday so I didnt even read the posts till today.
give me a damn taco

The_P

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »
Welcome and try not to be too much of a bore.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »
What is with the name, assuming you're not a Care Bear, or worse, a furry? :puke:

Offline Unicorn Giggles

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »
haha, no, its my online gaming name.  It's so I can shame people after I kick their asses.  It's one thing to get your ass kicked by 1337g4mer37, it's entirely different to get your ass kicked by a guy named Unicorn Giggles.
give me a damn taco

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »
 ;D I like you already.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_P

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
haha, no, its my online gaming name.  It's so I can shame people after I kick their asses.  It's one thing to get your ass kicked by 1337g4mer37, it's entirely different to get your ass kicked by a guy named Unicorn Giggles.

I'll karma him for that.

duncvis

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »

:LMAO: Something tells me you're warped enough to fit in just fine here.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
Yay, someone with the potential to have some bite behind their bark.

Welcome  >:D

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
BTW- where did you find out about Intensity?

I only ask because it seems that everytime we have a disgruntled member we get quite a few new ones, maybe its true there's is no such thing as bad press.

Offline Unicorn Giggles

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »
Autistics.org , There was a thread about other sites and someone (I believe it was petermackenzie) mentioned Intensity.  It sounded like somewhere where you can actually talk freely, so I cam by and lo and behold it is.
give me a damn taco

The_P

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:28:33 PM »
Do you really care for the autism adovacy bollocks, or do you think that most of them need to get a clue and to stand up for themselves?

Offline Unicorn Giggles

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »
yes and no, I think mostly people really need to stand up for themselves, but the advocacy may be the push they need to realize they can.  The more you hear that you are not damaged, and that you should stand up for yourself as such, the more likely you are to do it. so, noyes, or yesno if you prefer.
give me a damn taco

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »
Welcome; may you have a most fluffy time.

duncvis

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 02:09:12 PM »
yes and no, I think mostly people really need to stand up for themselves, but the advocacy may be the push they need to realize they can.  The more you hear that you are not damaged, and that you should stand up for yourself as such, the more likely you are to do it. so, noyes, or yesno if you prefer.

Thats pretty much my position. Have you seen The Wronged?

Offline Unicorn Giggles

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
I have now, looks pretty good.  I shall register posthaste.
give me a damn taco