Author Topic: HI  (Read 1350 times)

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
HI
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:39:11 PM »
I figured it's about time that I join here as well instead of lurk. I alsofigured that this is a more fitting Nick on this Forum. --Many of you know me from other Forums as Fogman.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: HI
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:52:21 PM »
Hi Fogman.  It's good to see you here.  If you post nine more times, you will see much more of the board than you do right now.

Would you like to be ASpHole of the Aspie Elite?  You would also get a Secret Decoder Ring.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:53 PM »
Welcome, ASpHole ... Fogman.

If I am remembering you accurately, you seem to have an interest in audio reproduction. Is that correct?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:58:04 PM »

If I am remembering you accurately, you seem to have an interest in audio reproduction. Is that correct?

Correct. I also play electric guitar, but right now my amp is dead until I can get it in for repairs. --With tube amps it's not a matter of if they will malunction so much as a matter of when they malfunction... and mine did sometime last week.  :grrr:

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »
Hi Fogman.  It's good to see you here.  If you post nine more times, you will see much more of the board than you do right now.

TA.

Would you like to be ASpHole of the Aspie Elite?  You would also get a Secret Decoder Ring.

Before I say 'Yes' please brief me more on the Aspie Elite.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »

Correct. I also play electric guitar, but right now my amp is dead until I can get it in for repairs. --With tube amps it's not a matter of if they will malunction so much as a matter of when they malfunction... and mine did sometime last week.  :grrr:

You have a little Seymour Duncan modular that's the best thing since tits, right?

What did you do to it? :evillaugh:
Just kidding. I'm a tubehead, too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:15:41 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
hi.

do you consider yourself to be a sensitive type person, or a person with thick skin?
Misunderstood.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 09:26:40 PM »

You have a little Seymour Duncan modular that the best thing since tits, right?

[/quote]

Yeah, it's a 100 watt SeymourDuncan that I actually dimed the volume controls on during a weekday that I was out of work sick about a month ago and narrowly avoided having the cops called on me for. I don't know what's wrong with it right off.

I also picked up a Bogen CHB-35 PA Amp from the 60's that will be converted to a guitar head when I can scrape up the cash to do so. --I have other priorities that need to be taken care of.  :-\

I've heard clips of a Bogen blind ABC'ed with a dimed volume 68' Marshall 100 watt stack( NOT the Reissue!), and some cheap tranny crap from Crate and I  thought the Bogen was the Marshall. --That will be fun amp when I get it up and running. BTW.... I paid $53 for the Bogen.....have you seen the prices the '67-'68 Marshalls go for these days?? :headbang:

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 09:33:48 PM »
hi.

do you consider yourself to be a sensitive type person, or a person with thick skin?

Thicker skin than most. BTW... is this an invitation to do evil things to guys wearing granny glasses, tight girly jeans, and who comb all the hair on their head fowards in a manner similar to The Beatles?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »

TA.

Before I say 'Yes' please brief me more on the Aspie Elite.

Good answer, Fogman.  You want to know more before signing away your soul to us, don't you?

:evillaugh:  :bat:

The Aspie Elite started as sort of a joke and a show of solidarity, but now it is more of a anti-clique, but it is still sort of a joke too.  We kind of poke fun at the concept of being a bunch of Elite Aspies.  I try to ask everyone who posts here if they want to join.  You get a Secret Decoder Ring by PM and you get a custom title of your choice that has "Aspie Elite" in it.  I will link a thread for you that was the start of the Aspie Elite, but unfortunately you will need to post five more times before you can see it, because it is in Anti-Philosophy:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=1319.0

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »

You have a little Seymour Duncan modular that the best thing since tits, right?

Yeah, it's a 100 watt SeymourDuncan that I actually dimed the volume controls on during a weekday that I was out of work sick about a month ago and narrowly avoided having the cops called on me for. I don't know what's wrong with it right off.

I also picked up a Bogen CHB-35 PA Amp from the 60's that will be converted to a guitar head when I can scrape up the cash to do so. --I have other priorities that need to be taken care of.  :-\

I've heard clips of a Bogen blind ABC'ed with a dimed volume 68' Marshall 100 watt stack( NOT the Reissue!), and some cheap tranny crap from Crate and I  thought the Bogen was the Marshall. --That will be fun amp when I get it up and running. BTW.... I paid $53 for the Bogen.....have you seen the prices the '67-'68 Marshalls go for these days?? :headbang:

Hope it blew a fuse. That way at least the expensive stuff (transformers) is probably safe. I've had bad tubes blow fuses, too and sometimes take something with them.

That Bogen sounds cool. I had an old Bogen in the seventies for PA. It was really a soft clipping amp.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:44:00 PM by DirtDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »
Fooooggmmaaannn!!! :party:

Welcome aboard mate. What kept you?  :eyebrows:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 03:57:14 AM »
hi.

Thicker skin than most. BTW... is this an invitation to do evil things to guys wearing granny glasses, tight girly jeans, and who comb all the hair on their head fowards in a manner similar to The Beatles?

We're kinda just checking you won't run crying to mama if anyone says mean things to you :laugh:

Welcome to Intensity² btw

The_P

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »
This wanker better be of some great amusement, or I'm gonna make him cry.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
This wanker better be of some great amusement, or I'm gonna make him cry.

or laugh!
Misunderstood.