Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 108190 times)

Blasted

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #5850 on: June 01, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »
Public Image Ltd. - Banging the Door

:pinkbeat:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5851 on: June 01, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »
They play around here a lot or whats left of them I think they are mainly out of Long Island which is visible from the beach at my house

Eric Bloom, Donald Roeser, Alan Lanier ARE the band in any reasonable person's mind.

The Boutchard brothers have come and gone and been replaced and let the band down so many times, they no longer matter to most true fans. As long as the three who wrote and arranged the songs are there it is BOC!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Blasted

« Reply #5852 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »
Fischerspooner - Cloud

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5853 on: June 03, 2009, 09:18:32 AM »
Anodder one. BRINSTAR!  :zoinks:

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #5854 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
Eno & Fripp - Evening Star

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #5855 on: June 03, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »
Dead boys-Sonic Reducer
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5856 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
Roky Erickson--Two-Headed Dog
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5857 on: June 03, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
The Jam--This Is The Modern World

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5858 on: June 03, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
This. If you don't like this, then fuck you.

OK, fine by me.  

I like teh music OK, even allowing for the monotone style of guitar sounds. What I don't understand is the significance of the "jumping game" graphic. I'm not much of a gamer, anyway (preferring real life to games), but if I que up a game and it's not a first person, I just ditch it. i don't mind First Person games when i am about to sleep anyway, but jumping games just piss me off.

What does the jumping game have to do with anything. Is it a real game or just a graphic someone made up?

I've got Neal Schon going in my headphones.

Its a real game called metroid. I probably should have made it clearer. The music in the video was derived from that game, and altered into a metal version. Apparantly the dude who made the vid is in a band that likes to perform old video game music.

Cool huh? Compare with the original song from the game.

Also, here is another metalized version. This might be more to your liking but it still has sort of monotone guitar. I think I am just a monotone kind of a guy.

I don't think you're a monotone kind of guy, anything but, actually, BUT, I think if you had some exposure to what a real master on the electric guitar can do with metal sounds, you would probably seek out some additional education.
I don't mean to sound pretentious, but there is no excuse for a guitar sounding so lame. The guitar is an awesome means of expression and mastering one is a craft unto its own self.

The Metroid Kraid Theme is far advanced over the previous. I can see how this appeals to some gamers, though.

I'm not dis'ing, now that I understand a bit more. I do expect the guitar I listen to, to make my dreams scream, my mind grind, my mettle settle, my eyes fly, my ears cheer, my dumb numb, my smarts fart, my head fed, my bones groan, my skin spin, my hands span, my ends mend, my fears clear, and most of all, my cries dry and die. 

Guitar fucking rawks!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5859 on: June 03, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »

Right now, I'm going over some Roy Harper tracks.
Many don't know him when they hear him.  He has done so much for modern music and cultivated an air of obscurity throughout his career.

I recently picked up a disk of Jimmy page and Roy Harper and became interested in finding out all I could about him.

)I get obsessed, sometimes - lol(

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5860 on: June 03, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
This. If you don't like this, then fuck you.

OK, fine by me.  

I like teh music OK, even allowing for the monotone style of guitar sounds. What I don't understand is the significance of the "jumping game" graphic. I'm not much of a gamer, anyway (preferring real life to games), but if I que up a game and it's not a first person, I just ditch it. i don't mind First Person games when i am about to sleep anyway, but jumping games just piss me off.

What does the jumping game have to do with anything. Is it a real game or just a graphic someone made up?

I've got Neal Schon going in my headphones.

Its a real game called metroid. I probably should have made it clearer. The music in the video was derived from that game, and altered into a metal version. Apparantly the dude who made the vid is in a band that likes to perform old video game music.

Cool huh? Compare with the original song from the game.

Also, here is another metalized version. This might be more to your liking but it still has sort of monotone guitar. I think I am just a monotone kind of a guy.

I don't think you're a monotone kind of guy, anything but, actually, BUT, I think if you had some exposure to what a real master on the electric guitar can do with metal sounds, you would probably seek out some additional education.
I don't mean to sound pretentious, but there is no excuse for a guitar sounding so lame. The guitar is an awesome means of expression and mastering one is a craft unto its own self.

The Metroid Kraid Theme is far advanced over the previous. I can see how this appeals to some gamers, though.

I'm not dis'ing, now that I understand a bit more. I do expect the guitar I listen to, to make my dreams scream, my mind grind, my mettle settle, my eyes fly, my ears cheer, my dumb numb, my smarts fart, my head fed, my bones groan, my skin spin, my hands span, my ends mend, my fears clear, and most of all, my cries dry and die. 

Guitar fucking rawks!!

Noted. I'm gonna look into it man. :headbang2:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5861 on: June 04, 2009, 03:51:50 AM »
The Stooges-No Fun (original John Cale mix)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5862 on: June 04, 2009, 03:53:27 AM »
The Stooges-1969 (original John cale mix)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5863 on: June 04, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »
The Stooges-I Wanna Be Your Dog (original John Cale mix)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5864 on: June 04, 2009, 03:59:07 AM »
The Stooges-Little Doll (original John Cale mix)