Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107446 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1905 on: October 15, 2007, 07:32:37 AM »
Gothminister - Gothic Electronic Anthems, plus a few tracks on the end of the playlist to take me up to time to collect the rugrats (Grendel, :wumpscut:, Nitzer Ebb, Icon of Coil). :dance:

duncvis

« Reply #1906 on: October 15, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
Assemblage 23 - Defiance

ozymandias

« Reply #1907 on: October 15, 2007, 08:01:44 PM »
My dishwasher

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1908 on: October 15, 2007, 09:25:13 PM »
At least you ran yours. Mine's loaded and ready to go, but I don't fucking want to listen to it.

I have played all of my Alice Coltrane today, twice. I'm still meditating on the inside.
:D

Yesterday was fucked!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1909 on: October 16, 2007, 03:21:00 AM »
How's your hip Dawg?

:wumpscut: - Wreath Of Barbs

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1910 on: October 16, 2007, 03:46:11 AM »
How's your hip Dawg?

:wumpscut: - Wreath Of Barbs

Hip is much better, thanks.
It's been over a week now, since I dislocated it and it doesn't seem to jump out of place anymore. Still tender and fatigues quickly, though. My problem on Sunday was that I was just overstimulated from too much bullshit to deal with on one of my extremely hyper/over-sensitive days. I also fought with my wife over stupid shit. That's the most fucked thing of all. Oh and I didn't really drink a tumbler full of mexcal. I just poured it to be an asshole and I barely touched it, because I really didn't want any at all. I poured it back into the jug.
::)

Spinning a little Ozzy before I head to work.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #1911 on: October 16, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »
Shady Dame From Seville by Julie Andrews.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1912 on: October 16, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »
I put on the tape from the early eighties, when Deep Purple opened and then covered for BOC not showing up in central Texas. Despite beer bottles and soft drink cups flying their way at first, they stuck it out and played a few covers to appease the crowd. After the more scummmy Blue Oyster Cult fans walked out it was a great night.

The band played a Steppenwolf medley that included Born To Be Wild  and Rock MeSookie,Sookie and The Pusher, a couple of Cheap trick songs (don't know the titles), Maggie Mae (Rod Stewart will never touch Ian on this song! I don't care who co-wrote it.),  Bad Motor Scooter (Montrose) and Back In The Saddle Again  (Aerosmith). Then it was back to their roots, with stuff from "In Rock,"  "The Book Of Taliesyn,"  "Shades Of Deep Purple"  and "Fireball."  This is partly why I play No, No, No  all the time.

These guys were old pros who just did their jobs and supported the fans, yet they were humbled by a headliner not showing, when in reality, they should have been the headliner, but they were a dead band trying to re-form after about five years of doing their own things, losing a key member to drugs, giving up, re-grouping, etc.

They could easily have done an hour set and left, like most bands would have, leaving everyone mostly fine with them and all would have remained pissed at BOC. Instead, they stayed, braved it out and kept the door kitty for themselves. It turned out to be an awesome night of heavy rock!

Now since I've been typing, running it back and forth and reminiscing for half an hour, I'm starting it over. I need to edit and rip this one.

duncvis

« Reply #1913 on: October 16, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »
That sounds like one of those 'you had to be there' gigs.  8)

Killing Joke - Laugh? I Nearly Bought One!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1914 on: October 16, 2007, 06:15:56 PM »
That sounds like one of those 'you had to be there' gigs.  8)

I think most of the gigs from that era were.
I don't know of another place to hear Ian belting out Born to Be Wild  from his lower gut, but in that "Oh, so proper, Brit accent" of his. It's an awesome rendition without even mentioning that Lord smokes McJohn (Steppenwolf keys) on every chord and Jon Lord's improvisation is in a class by itself.

I don't remember the name of the manager, but he was a very large, fat, scary, important New York man and he got them the door after BOC, did not show. :D

Going with some Buddy Holly.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1915 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
 Arthur Brown - Fire
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1916 on: October 16, 2007, 09:26:54 PM »
Billy Squier

duncvis

« Reply #1917 on: October 17, 2007, 03:22:22 AM »
Still in a Killing Joke mood - Democracy :rock:

Teejay

« Reply #1918 on: October 17, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »
Losing My Religion - REM

duncvis

« Reply #1919 on: October 17, 2007, 06:42:48 AM »
Kidneythieves - Trickstereprocess