Educational

Author Topic: This has to be.............  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: This has to be.............
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
1)  I think one member posting anonymously on this board under many different user names is the same thing as having sockpuppets, but I can see why you would disagree, since you are the one who keeps doing it.

2)  I will say again that as far as I know, Parrottesgirl is not a sockpuppet and I am in a better position to know whether or not she is than you are.  I will not divulge private information about a member.  Who knows why she did not post again?  Maybe she was interested in only one debate?  Maybe the response she got in that debate scared her away?  That does not make her a sockpuppet.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »
so who is this one:
pyraxis?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 01:51:04 AM »
As Callaway said, the information about that member is private. As I would say, that's for me to know and you to find out. :P

2) I believe parrottesgirl to be a sock pupet based on the fact that "she" jumped in the middle of a debate between established members and never posted again. There's also other oddities that I've noticed about that account. So............................................................doe somebody want to come clean or play sharades??

It took you some time to react. Why?

And what are the other "oddities"?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 02:27:28 AM »
maybe he had to go change his clothes in a phone booth. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 03:42:25 AM »
Tell us who the goddamn sock puppet is, we didn't come to a board owned by it's members to be treated as inferiors while the "admins" withhold the information.

Also the its sock puppet's own fault if they get humiliated, it was their stupid idea to make it in the first place.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 04:03:09 AM »
Tell us who the goddamn sock puppet is, we didn't come to a board owned by it's members to be treated as inferiors while the "admins" withhold the information.

Also the its sock puppet's own fault if they get humiliated, it was their stupid idea to make it in the first place.
Do you really not know, or are you just making a point?

Either way, maybe we could continue in the spirit of the thread and have all sockpuppets "fess up", right here, right now.

:venere:

:shitfan:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 04:04:19 AM »
The issue is that when the Free for all forum was set up it was done so to allow people to make suggestions about site improvement without fear of getting shit for it (although I personally believe it is rarely used in that way).   When it was set up it was made clear that posters in here could not be outed by the the admins.

I personally think that if people have something to say they should have the balls to say it with their real account, I find hiding behind a guest poster ID anti-Intensity, but if even I could see IP addresses I wouldn't out them because it was agreed that staff wouldn't do that.

If you dislike guests being allowed to post start a vote to see what other people's feelings are on this.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 04:12:22 AM »
Parrottesgirl is not a sock puppet, to the best of my knowledge. End of story. I'd not have revealed her identity if she'd been one, though, since it's a policy decided by the members.

As for revealing the identities of guests posting in the Free for All forum, sorry, can't help you there. This, again, is a member-decided policy, if I'm not mistaken. It's allowed to post anonymously in that forum.

So in neither case am I--or any other admin--treating you as inferiors. I am merely following the rules. If you want to change how we handle sock puppets, set up a discussion thread and a vote.

EDIT: PI posted her comment right before mine, but I decided to post mine anyway since we say the same thing, essentially, which is a Good Thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 04:18:41 AM »
I don't think the policy on outing guest posters was member decided, as far as I can remember it was decided upon by the admin staff at the time.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=525.0

I think there's some confusion going on here (or is it just me that's confused? lol) as to whether we're talking about sock puppets or guest posters. Are we talking about outing the 'alleged' sock puppet this thread was started about or are we talking about outing the person who started the thread?

Sock puppets- current members who set up a different account usually to shit stir.
Guest posters- usually current members who post under an alias without logging in.

Litigious

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »
Too bad, blobby. You'll have to find out on your own.  8)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 09:21:07 AM »

Parrottesgirl is not a sockpuppet to the best of my knowledge, Fatty McBlob.  The OP is mistaken about that.  If she were a sockpuppet, she would be marked as one.  Whether she was a sockpuppet or not, her private account information would be private, unless she decided to make it public.  It would be wrong of me to reveal her IP address or email address or other private information that makes me believe that she is not a sockpuppet, just like it would be wrong for me to reveal yours.

In my opinion, the OP should grow a pair and post under his actual member name instead of hiding behind all these "secret identities", but, as Purposeful Insanity points out, under the current rules, he is free to post here anonymously under multiple names and the people who can see his IP address are not supposed to out him. 

You have a very good point about Intensity being run by its members, however.  If you think this rule is wrong, you could start a poll.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »
Its Me, Its Me, Its Me.....Aaaaaaarrrrrggg...........
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
sure it is. ::)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
no i am more confusicalled than ever
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729