Author Topic: Anti COVID Vaccine and Passport Mandate March  (Read 2429 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Anti COVID Vaccine and Passport Mandate March
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2022, 04:37:09 AM »
It can also mean "suspect".
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »
But this is a great example of the kind of objections you raise - so pedantic that they're not worth fighting.

This far you've not said anything worth more than a short dismissal.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2022, 10:05:30 AM »
Oh, and I do want to point out that this is wrong because it's generalised beyond any meaning:

Most viruses inherently evade most potential antibodies.

Why would I bother to engage any further? If your basic understanding is wrong, most of your conclusions will be, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2022, 07:22:54 PM »
Oh, and I do want to point out that this is wrong because it's generalised beyond any meaning:

Why would I bother to engage any further? If your basic understanding is wrong, most of your conclusions will be, too.

Give it up!  You can't fix stupid!  If they get covid, the Earth will be relieved of idiots.  I feel sorry for the nurses (of which I am one and thankfully retired) and all hospital workers.    I like the idea that they should be shunted to military tents in the parking lots and treated with the same procedures that trumpolini and his acolytes are following according to their google "doctorates".  Bleach injections, horse dewormer, and infrared bulbs up their asses.   8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:29:48 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2022, 07:42:27 PM »
But this is a great example of the kind of objections you raise - so pedantic that they're not worth fighting.

This far you've not said anything worth more than a short dismissal.

Your dismissals have been based on where I'm agreeing with you. Pedantry and nit-picking far from my argument.

You've entirely ignored the point - which are the relative costs.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »

Give it up!  You can't fix stupid!  If they get covid, the Earth will be relieved of idiots.  I feel sorry for the nurses (of which I am one and thankfully retired) and all hospital workers.    I like the idea that they should be shunted to military tents in the parking lots and treated with the same procedures that trumpolini and his acolytes are following according to their google "doctorates".  Bleach injections, horse dewormer, and infrared bulbs up their asses.   8)

You, on the other hand, for your unearned vitriol against me - we agree almost entirely here.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2022, 07:58:57 PM »

You, on the other hand, for your unearned vitriol against me - we agree almost entirely here.

"unearned"..............you make me laugh!   :LOL:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2022, 09:24:53 PM »

I'm probably wasting my time, but, I am going to give you a little window into my perspective about this.  A few years ago a woman came to work at walmart in my group.  She was in her seventies, smart, funny and we hit it off rather quickly.  We bantered and by banter, I mean we started slow jesting and sharing quips and sharing life experiences.  But, first the banter, we got comfortable with each other and eventually gravitated to bantering and taking the piss out of each other and laughing like hyenas at each others banter.  She loved my favorite quote, "not my monkeys, not my circus".  She would call me a brat and we would have some of our coworkers thinking that we were the worst enemies.  BUT, we would sit together at breaks and lunch and still banter....her favorite was when I would give her the finger and she would say, "Oh how sweet, I am #1 in your life", then I would give her the double finger and she would just exclaim,  "I'm so honored to be so honored".  People who knew us by then, would be falling on the floor laughing.  We gave and took and it made our job fun, we had fun, there was no malice, just two adults understanding each other and enjoying each others fine madness.  Other times we would get serious and discuss our life experiences.  She had apparently been involved in some state department stuff and traveled the world and saw things that were awesome and also horrible, even terrible.  Quite eye opening to me who has an open mind.  She also listened to me speaking of the wonders and horrors of my own life.  She also had an open mind.  She also was a major caretaker of an autistic grandson.  Who upon learning from her about my love of peace signs and making them out of scallop shells, of which I made him one.  Made me a leather peace sign, a travel pillow from peace sign cloth and found me a ceramic peace sign bank.  I also made her one.  Anyway, we gave and took and accepted each other and we had a blast at work.  Then came the pandemic and she turned out to be suffering from stomach cancer and couldn't do the mask or vaccine stuff due to her being immunocompromised.  I haven't seen her since, I miss her.  My vitriol at you is me seeing you as a TAKER, not a giver AND taker.  You love to give the piss, but, you can't take the response in return.  Miriam was a worldly wise woman, a wise woman.  And someone with a wise understanding of me and where I was coming from.  We shared our vulnerabilities and were comfortable in sharing our strengths AND weaknesses.  I miss her.

Anyway, make of that what you will.  I am done with you.  Enjoy your small victory.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2022, 04:41:14 PM »
You're partially right. I'm actually not into water sports at all - but it is true that I'd prefer to be pissing than pissed on.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
What does everybody think of pro choice abortion rights AND pro vaccine mandates? Personally I think anyone who believes in both is hypocritical.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 05:23:10 PM by gwyneth paltrow »
:dog:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2022, 10:24:16 AM »
What does everybody think of pro choice abortion rights AND pro vaccine mandates? Personally I think anyone who believes in both is hypocritical.

If a woman gets an abortion it only effects her.  Not getting a vaccine has an incrementally bad effect on society in general.  Apples and Oranges.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2022, 10:24:28 AM »
Just read on facebook one of the local anti-vaxxers was complaining that it's difficult to get a face to face appointment with his Doctor.  I'd point out why this is but my wife has banned me from flaming mutual friends on social media.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2022, 10:33:12 AM »

If a woman gets an abortion it only effects her.  Not getting a vaccine has an incrementally bad effect on society in general.  Apples and Oranges.

Have you forgotten about the baby?
:dog:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »

Have you forgotten about the baby?

Whatever enters or exits a woman is entirely her choice to make.  Personally I am against abortion but as I do not have a vagina my opinion is not valid.   Whereas I do have covid infectable sinuses and should I have an accident or other bad illness I might require the use of an ICU bed that is currently occupied by a vaccination dodging fuckwit.

Again, apples and oranges.  One is a moral issue.  The other is a pillock taking up resources due to an entirely avoidable life choice based on bad information and poor education.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2022, 11:11:22 AM »
Believing in both is not hypocritical, because they're not remotely equivalent issues.

Choosing to either abort or keep the baby has no consequence to others in society, it is obviously a personal decision between yourself and your partner (if you have one). Not getting a vaccine does affect others.

Even with the mandate, you can be exempt if you have a genuine reason. It's not like people are being forced to at the detriment of their health or lives.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:15:07 AM by Dirty Big Yoke »