Author Topic: How do you people make it to adulthood without questioning the mainstream  (Read 552 times)

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
narrative?
Kick me.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I question the mainstream narrative every day.

On a sane and evidence-based level.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
but what does that mean, exactly?

you question it but you'll do everything they say, anyway?
Kick me.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
but what does that mean, exactly?

you question it but you'll do everything they say, anyway?

When politicians and the media tell me that tax cuts and other forms of corporate welfare will stimulate the economy, I reject that because it's bullshit.

When politicians and the media try to tell me that effectively punishing the unemployed will create jobs, I reject that because it is also bullshit.

I use critical thinking strategies and evidence based analysis to determine what is likely to be true and what is not likely to be true, regardless of whether it's the mainstream or some crazy conspiracy theorist on youtube or the voices in some pot smoker's head.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
that sounds very encouraging.  since im not worried about a lack of evidence behind any of my statements.
Kick me.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
that sounds very encouraging.  since im not worried about a lack of evidence behind any of my statements.

That's actually true, evidence or lack thereof doesn't appear to be an important aspect of how you form your world view.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Just for the record, a crazy person ranting on YouTube is not evidence.

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
thats because they are telling you about the evidence. they are not literal evidence, lol

if you want to pull up the documents and go to the locations described in the videos and see that its all true, you can do that.

but if you were the kind of person to go on trips like that, you wouldnt be overweight.
Kick me.