Author Topic: extinction rebellion is shit  (Read 800 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: extinction rebellion is shit
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »
Another:
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 10:41:37 PM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 11:44:48 PM »
Much like when photosynthesis first happened. Very little or no oxygen in the atmosphere so the irony was that the first organisms poisoned the planet.

:zoinks:
Know that was meant as a joke, but wasn't joking. The seemingly complete lack of any symbiosis is the only thing which has kept my mind open to the possibility humans aren't a natural occurrence. Queue crazy haired aliens guy meme.

I'm sort of being serious, too. We are a natural occurrence but not every natural occurrence is a good one. Evolution fails sometimes, or shit happens.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 11:46:50 PM »
Also Jack I probably sound like I'm being dismissive of your ideas. It's actually a very interesting philosophical position that my simple way of thinking simply doesn't take me to. That's probably why I didn't properly get what you were saying until that last post.
There's nothing wrong with completely dismissive of it because the alternative is...aliens.

Now I'm totally seeing the wild-haired alien guy. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 11:48:04 PM »

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2020, 12:17:24 AM »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2020, 12:21:52 AM »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2020, 12:22:43 AM »
You've got a few to choose from there Reggie. Illuminati cat looks like the frontrunner.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2020, 12:58:54 AM »
Go for it, Reggie. People may still think you're a pothead kook but they'll like the cat.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2020, 02:08:06 AM »
Hey there's nothing wrong with being a pothead. I'm an artist too so I will create a composite avatar.
Kick me.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2020, 05:07:07 AM »
Also Jack I probably sound like I'm being dismissive of your ideas. It's actually a very interesting philosophical position that my simple way of thinking simply doesn't take me to. That's probably why I didn't properly get what you were saying until that last post.
There's nothing wrong with completely dismissive of it because the alternative is...aliens.
So are we aliens, or an alien-primate hybrid, or an ape genetically engineered by aliens?

I'll bet Reggie knows the answer.
Maybe it's not anything so extreme, and more akin to the GMOs humans are so symbiotic. That's a really weird thing too, humans only having symbiosis with their own unnatural occurrences. Was hoping you might have pointed that out since sort of bring it up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 05:23:08 AM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2020, 05:11:22 AM »

Now I'm totally seeing the wild-haired alien guy. :zoinks:
Yes, it's stupid. Though probably will never get past the belief humans are the only thing which genuinely don't seem to belong here.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2020, 05:24:25 AM »
Hey there's nothing wrong with being a pothead. I'm an artist too so I will create a composite avatar.
What type of art do you do?

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2020, 05:36:37 AM »
Photography and photomanipulation. I actually don't want to share it now because I will need to create a new account and pretend that I don't think 911 is an inside job, and pretend that I dont think the pandemic was planned etc, because you never know who will threaten me and my family now for speaking out about the truth...

I did a nice portrait of a guy that was taken iso 10,000 at night with building lights in the background and perspective compression, it was sweet.

Have done some sweet long exposures at night at iso 100

I played with sigma merrill and sigma quattro cameras. In a lot of ways they are better but in a lot of ways they are worse. I hate bayer sensors but the image processing for bayer images is so amazing now, you can make anything look sharp. you can make a fuzzy blob look naturally sharp in post production.
Kick me.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2020, 05:41:55 AM »
I actually don't want to share it
That's okay.