Educational

Author Topic: DirtDawg, I'm calling you out you commie  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
DirtDawg, I'm calling you out you commie
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »
For the purposes of this callout, DirtDawg must argue in favour of severe restrictions on ownership of guns, and I will argue in favour of the "right to bear arms".

Others may chip in with their opinions and comments, only DD and myself are required to stay "in character" throughout.

This is just a bit of fun rather than a competition.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: DirtDawg, I'm calling you out you commie
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 06:27:03 PM »
To kick things off, where I believe that those in favour of individual gun rights go wrong is that they pick the wrong arguments.

I don't care about stats from Singapore or Taiwan or Australia. Your stats don't mean that my rights go away.

Those stats don't matter when I'm staring down the barrel of someone else's gun and I don't have my own gun to defend myself with because "Singapore has less murders, man".

When those in favour of the right to own and carry firearms start trying to support their case with stats, all they are doing is allowing the opponents of freedom and the proponents of a state monopoly on violence to present their own stats. And the argument isn't about stats and it's never been about stats so why even go there?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »

Guns kill people. No reason to own one unless you plan to kill people. Statistics support this. You do not need to strap on a gun to pop over to the deli for a sub and some suds.
Just get rid of them. No reason to stare down the barrel of anything.

As far as stats go, you should just listen and stop trying to cloud things up with figures and math. So, Yeah, do not even go there.

Besides, your Second Amendment thinking is about two hundred and forty years old.

Since you people are all such "What Would Jesus Do?" types, maybe you should ask yourself what kind of gun Jesus needed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 10:25:47 PM »
What would Jesus do?

Jesus would turn the other cheek and end up nailed to a crucifix by the government.

Jesus is a really good argument for what happens if you are not equipped to defend your life when push comes to shove.

As for the 2nd amendment being 240 years old, I'm old too and if anyone tries to throw me out on that basis I'll shoot them.

As for not needing a gun for a trip to the deli, what happens if I'm on my way to the deli and I encounter someone who "looks" like he might be a burglar? How am I going to shoot him if I don't have a gun?

As for stats, yeah. All the stats in the world don't change my right to shoot people who look like burglars or to protect myself and my family.

You would have us live in a world where our only line of defense is to hide under the bed and call the police and hope that they aren't in a donut coma or busy shooting journalists in the head with rubber bullets. That's not how free citizens should live.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »
It also pays to remember that, even if you live in a relatively peaceful place and the police will come and save you if you call them while you are hiding under your bed and whimpering, that your sense of peace and stability is largely an illusion.

History is scattered with the debris of civilizations that got lazy and abrogated their right to defend themselves with deadly force to the police or to the military. Because when it all comes crumbling down, and people are hungry and afraid, you gotta be prepared to use deadly force to defend those you care about and your 4,000 cans of baked beans and 500 rolls of dunny paper.

Because the day when the state says to you "you don't have the right to defend yourself, we will defend you, trust us" is the day you gotta start worrying.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 06:19:12 PM »
Alrighty then, I'm ready to call this idea a fizzer.

:deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:

I just can't see DD getting wound up enough about taking my guns off me to make this interesting.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 05:54:16 AM »
Alrighty then, I'm ready to call this idea a fizzer.

:deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:  :deadhorse2:

I just can't see DD getting wound up enough about taking my guns off me to make this interesting.

You are making my arguments for me. If I need to catalog it all for you I can. Give me a minute.

You people are so damn paranoid you can't even have a thoughtful conversation. Not everyone jumps just because you wave your fucking gun.

You need more, though. Should I dance as you shoot at my feet to speed me up?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:08:27 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
See, you anti-gun types think every gun owner is irresponsible and uses their guns to threaten and intimidate people. My guns are stored safely under the bed. Behind the sofa. In the backseat of my car. One in the holster and one strapped to my leg for backup. And a few in the shed, of course. And they are not used to make people dance, if you are pissing me off I will shoot over your head. Unless you look like a criminal or the government tries to take my rights away, then I shoot to kill. That's what it's about, being responsible for protecting my own life, property, rights, family, friends, pets. With deadly force if needed. But always safe and responsible. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. People like me kill people with our guns.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »

Quite a bit of evidence toward that conclusion.
Actually the best thing to do with all you gun nut people is to round you up and give you your own reservation. We know how to do that with an unwanted minority.
Crass? Maybe, but nothing like walking down the street fully armed with automatic semis considering to shoot someone just because you think it might be a burglar. That should be criminal.

Just get all of you and your penis extending guns in one place and let you have your shoot outs and mass killings, while the SANE part of the country just sits back in our safe places and watches.
Hell after a few years the problem will probably solve itself after you all shoot each other.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »
You'll be neck deep in burglars and carjackers and knife crime within a month and you'll be falling over each other to let us out. Look at London, you can't walk 5 steps without getting stabbed. I'll bet they wish they had law abiding gun owners walking around with their guns, ready to shoot people who need shooting. 

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »
I blame Cultural Marxism for giving gun owners a bad name.

Movies, the media, TV shows, they are all in on it. Deliberately making it seem like guns are useful for killing people.

Why don't they show the truth!!! That guns are for defending freedom!!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 05:50:49 AM »
You'll be neck deep in burglars and carjackers and knife crime within a month and you'll be falling over each other to let us out. Look at London, you can't walk 5 steps without getting stabbed. I'll bet they wish they had law abiding gun owners walking around with their guns, ready to shoot people who need shooting. 
No way to ever be safe if every tenth person you see has gun on and all those extra bullets clips, just to kill more.

Using the tired old argument that "outlawing guns, only outlaws will have guns."  That is actually a brilliant idea. One swoop of inspired, freedom loving legal action and all of you gun people are outlaws and criminals. Low life types that you are will be highlighted for all to see.
If you have a gun, then the fire you play with SHOULD burn you.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 05:57:09 AM »
I blame Cultural Marxism for giving gun owners a bad name.

Movies, the media, TV shows, they are all in on it. Deliberately making it seem like guns are useful for killing people.

Why don't they show the truth!!! That guns are for defending freedom!!!

Nope, it is you people giving yourselves a bad name.
Going around terrorizing crowds of people, wearing your guns, ready to kill anyone you see is not the world anyone wants to live in. People who want nothing to do with your macho delusions can never be safe as long as we with proper working minds continue to sit on our hands, doing nothing about the real issue.
You people are criminals and should be locked up.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 09:11:53 PM »
 :rofl:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 05:46:38 AM »
...wearing your guns, ready to kill anyone you see is not the world anyone wants to live in.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

That's the whole point, you gotta have that "make my day" look in your eye and a gun in your holster and it's surprising how few people cut in front of you at the supermarket. That's the real meaning of freedom, bring ready at all times to shoot people who look suspicious and earning respect the old  fashioned way.