Educational

Author Topic: Role Switch Callout  (Read 653 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Role Switch Callout
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:37:12 PM »
Just for fun:

How about a callout where we are required to switch roles.

For example, ALM and I could have a callout where I pretend to be a conservative who despises progressivism, and ALM can pretend to be a progressive.

Becoming a caricature of your new role is considered a fail.

Is this another bad idea?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
Re: Role Switch Callout
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:13 PM »
Hell no!

You seem a little agitated by your inability to comprehend. Its okay, my friend. I do not misjudge you. I think you passion for the political process is admirable, even in the face of your inability to comprehend any of it. I offer you moral support.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:42 PM »
Hell no!

You seem a little agitated by your inability to comprehend. Its okay, my friend. I do not misjudge you. I think you passion for the political process is admirable, even in the face of your inability to comprehend any of it. I offer you moral support.

Thanks ALM, I value your moral support,

I was hoping for a potentially challenging and amusing exercise in mental gymnastics. Everyone else here is either an SJW or not particularly interested in the issue, hence your name was the first one I thought of.

I respect your decision not to partake. Anyone else is welcome to jump in, of course.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 02:12:27 AM »
Hi Mo,

well, sorry you're having trouble kicking this thing  off, i was thinking to myself, no use me joining in, we'll  be agreeing with each other just as much over here as we do, over on the dark side, so to speak.  But wait! Aren't you Aussie right-wingers a bunch of racist, anti-immigration  oiks? I can certainly  argue with that.   If you think we Brits are racist , you're off your rocker. Immigrtion has been an absolute goldmine for us, and so has European migration. Boosted the Economy no end.  Those foreigners have a much better work ethic than our lazy british oiks. Maybe we;ve had a tad too much of a good thing, by now though, because (we don't like to admit, but)  we actually have a bit an oversupply of labour now; besides  running out of homes, and running out of land to build the new homes on , too. It's quite a headache trying to maintain the balance between supply and demand, always bearing in mind that we do very much need the property prices to keep rising , or at least remain stable,  or else we all lose equity don't we? The ever- increasing polpulation was a godsend there, too, as it kept the demand rising nicely, always a little way ahead of our builders. but all good things must come to an end, I suppose. I've noticed that, especially  since this Covid problem,  folk have started eyeing up our little countryside retreats and getting very resentful. They pretend it's just because a few ministers were caught  breaking lockdown rules  travelling between residences , but that's just an excuse.  They're envious, that's the fact.  They just don't like the fact that some of us have been sucessfil enough to afford two homes , whilst they, poor dears, just  sat on their arses and wound up getting evicted from their slum tenement in Machester or wherever.  I've no sympathy, I call that justice. But that resentment is a tad alarming, might be wise to avoid provolking it any further.

We actually have the most generous Welfare system in europe. They should try moving to the continent, see how well they get looked after there. I can tell you- thry'll get nothing at all for the first six months of residence , and even after that, they'll only get a fraction of what they pay their natives  in those countries, if they even qualify at all :evillaugh: serve them right for moaning, eh?

Anyway , back this racism thing. Well, maybe we were racist in the past, but we've grown out of that.  We have no end of people of colour in the Tory party now.and totally accept them as equals It's the proletariat who are racist, moaning on about foreigners stealing their jobs, for heaven's sake, They didn't want those jobs.  They would sooner sit on their arses and claim Welfare.  That's why we;ve had to bring in any number of Welfare reforms, to make that a less attractuve proposition and force the blighters  to stand on their own two feet like the rest of us.  The single mothers are the worst. They used to have this trick of shelling out babies by the dozen (all by different fathers!) just to edge their way up the council housing lists and claim more child benefit, but we've just about stopped that little game now. Partly through welfare reforms, as usual. Well, almost entirely through Welfare reforms, but with a new twist. Back in the noughties they could still sit on their butts all day, even when their kids were at school, right up until the the youngest hit his 14th birthday,   without the slightest pressure to get a job. Shocking, eh?  But now they have to start attending work focussed interviews as soon as the youngest is 6 months old, and if they don't attend , or if haven't got a job by the time the kid starts nursery school, then it's bye bye benefits. Not a penny. That one has got the lazy bitches into work :) and then, instead of paying benefits , we collect income tax from the mother, and income tax from her childminder during school holidays and all that.  That's the idea anyway. Truth to tell (shhhh ) we ending up paying  a lot of top-up  benefits to the mother if she's doing low paid work;  and they get granny to childmind, or they just  neglect the kids, or something;  so it's swings-and-roundabouts for the DWP, but it still helps to make for a more vibrant Economy, and to reinciforce the Work Ethic

Sorry, I'm sure you'll agree with most of that. So back to racism. How about Islamophobia? Look here, you have to understand that the Muslims are our sort of people; they could be your sort too if you give them a chance.  Even the poor ones are very enterprising and will work their socks off  to make a sucess of a little business venture, given half-a-chance.   And they invest inproperty  like nobody e;se does, because their bamking system is different- no interest, you see? Usury is against their religion.  So the British housimg market is extremely interesting (excuse the pun) to a Muslim who wants  to make his  money work for him (Don't we all?) . From the lttle Pakistani landlord, collecting rent on his former Council house right up to  the filthy rich Quataris buying up half of London, and building  state-of-the-Art architecture  like the Shard,  bless them. You can't argue with that sort of wealth can you?  And we have these people investing in our country because we're not racist.  And you don't even  want them .   :hahaha:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:14:04 AM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 03:09:27 AM »
PS. sorry, i  think i veered a little way into parody there  :green: but hey! i made an effort and i didn't make anything up.  and i feel...unclean now. ugh! hope nobody quotes me out of context  :hide:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:11:06 AM by Walkie »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:46:03 AM »
We had that welfare reform happening too. We had robots chasing people for money because, you know, those who are most vulnerable in society tend to get too much sympathy from real humans.

Of course a number of people who were being relentlessly pursued by robots for money they didn't actually owe ended up out of their minds with stress and depression and took their own lives. Our Prime Minister, bless him, made a half baked apology this week. Meanwhile the minister directly responsible is dodging any and all questions on the subject.

Other than that, this really only works if you take on a "persona" and adopt that persona for the sake of the callout. So, for example, I could choose to be a conservative who opposes gun control, gay marriage, abortion, racial equality, etc. And I would have to argue on that basis throughout, consistently and while making serious arguments and not just "I think everyone should make the same amount of money as Jeff Bezos because I'm a stupidhead". You can't just rant about stuff :D

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »
Uh er um, welllllllllllll...............I got nothin'.......... :hide:   :tinfoil:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant