Educational

Author Topic: This has made my night.  (Read 464 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: This has made my night.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
Some pics showing how huge he actually was.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/andre-the-giant-photos
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »
I can't find any pictures in between the ads.  :-\ (On a tablet)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 12:03:09 AM »
This is him holding a regular-sized can of beer:

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »

This is Andre making Arnie look tiny. The other big dude was Wilt Chamberlain.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 02:36:16 AM »

I watched during the Attitude Era. It was one of the main reasons we got satellite TV, so we could watch it on....was it on Fox Sports? I can't remember. Then Smackdown became a thing soon after but that was on a channel in another pay TV package.

I tried to get back into it for a while in 2014 and subscribed to the WWE Network, but I got caught up in all the non-kayfabe stuff (bookers, jobbers, all the ones I hate getting pushed etc) and got frustrated.

Same, that was when I started getting into wrestling. The attitude era was what got me hooked on the first place, also bare in mind during that time, they were in competition with the then WCW in terms of ratings up until WCW was failing and crashing and then was later bought back by WWE.

The attitude era was started by what was known as the Montreal screwjob which you should check up which unfortunately Bret Hart was screwed over in a match against Shawn Michaels.

I think I've stopped watching from around 2005, I also tried watching it around 2015, yep, almost the same problem but watched it through YouTube. I didn't see the point subscribing to the WWE network.

Yes I've heard of the Montreal screw job. Then Triple H and some of the others formed some big clique in the back locker room (or was that before?). My faves were Kane & Undertaker so I was unaware back then.

Oh I forgot to mention I've still been dabbling with it on Youtube but only to watch Firefly Fun House :laugh:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »

I watched during the Attitude Era. It was one of the main reasons we got satellite TV, so we could watch it on....was it on Fox Sports? I can't remember. Then Smackdown became a thing soon after but that was on a channel in another pay TV package.

I tried to get back into it for a while in 2014 and subscribed to the WWE Network, but I got caught up in all the non-kayfabe stuff (bookers, jobbers, all the ones I hate getting pushed etc) and got frustrated.

Same, that was when I started getting into wrestling. The attitude era was what got me hooked on the first place, also bare in mind during that time, they were in competition with the then WCW in terms of ratings up until WCW was failing and crashing and then was later bought back by WWE.

The attitude era was started by what was known as the Montreal screwjob which you should check up which unfortunately Bret Hart was screwed over in a match against Shawn Michaels.

I think I've stopped watching from around 2005, I also tried watching it around 2015, yep, almost the same problem but watched it through YouTube. I didn't see the point subscribing to the WWE network.

Yes I've heard of the Montreal screw job. Then Triple H and some of the others formed some big clique in the back locker room (or was that before?). My faves were Kane & Undertaker so I was unaware back then.

Oh I forgot to mention I've still been dabbling with it on Youtube but only to watch Firefly Fun House :laugh:

Kane and undertaker was definitely a great tag team partners. Although I do vaguely remember shitting myself when Kane was unmasked, only because of the storyline of him supposedly being burnt.

Are you referring to the firefly fun house match with John Cena (or a scene rather)?
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2020, 07:56:56 AM »
Firefly Fun House are the little vignettes with Bray Wyatt, the gimmick has been going since last year. They're made to look like a kids Playschool show with a psycho twist :laugh:

I was lucky I wasn't watching the unmasking as I would have been way too anxious to look at the screen!
I do remember being a little underwhelmed once I saw the face underneath. I heard false reports that he was really handsome.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2020, 02:57:55 PM »
He was a genuine giant.

He was in so much pain from health problems related to his gigantism that he would drink enormous amounts of booze to numb the pain.

He was billed at 500 pounds but nobody knew how heavy he really was. He was most likely heavier than that.

Very likely much heavier and there was also a incident where he had drunk about 156 beers in one sitting.

That's just nuts. Nobody's body could even cope with that much, unless your Andre the giant.

During the filming of "The Princess Bride", he fell asleep on the floor of the lobby of the hotel he was staying at from all the booze.  They couldn't move him, so they put a barricade around him and covered him up a bit to protect him and there he stayed till he woke up.  This was corroborated by the cast as one of the legends of Andre.  Who really was a gentle man with major health problems due to his gigantism.  And they all loved him for who he was.  Andre really hated being stared at like a freak, but, kept it to himself.  He loved performing in the movie as the cast just treated him like everybody else and enjoyed his own wonderful sense of humor.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2020, 03:01:05 PM »
Firefly Fun House are the little vignettes with Bray Wyatt, the gimmick has been going since last year. They're made to look like a kids Playschool show with a psycho twist :laugh:

I was lucky I wasn't watching the unmasking as I would have been way too anxious to look at the screen!
I do remember being a little underwhelmed once I saw the face underneath. I heard false reports that he was really handsome.

I recently read "Kanes" biography from his getting into wrestling and the evolution of his character as the years went along.  Now he's a mayor of some town in Tennessee. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant