Author Topic: CoronaVirus Scanner  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
CoronaVirus Scanner
« on: April 21, 2020, 09:34:36 AM »
This is the best one I've found thus far if you are interested.

https://corona-scanner.com/
:skywarp:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
Re: CoronaVirus Scanner
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 02:43:57 PM »
I think this one is good. But of course, the one for the United Kingdom is far from accurate imo. People in the UK have definitely recovered from it but it isn't tracked. It was in the beginning though.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:29:28 PM »
Oh yeah. that's gotta be a glitch, I'm sure you have recoveries in the UK
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 12:39:43 AM »
Not impressed. They don't provide their sources properly, nor the methods those sources use, which means that what's presented is not an accurate overview. Most health authorities update their numbers once a day and there is always a lag, especially with the number of deaths, plus the testing is inadequate, etc, and so the "live updates" thing is merely a gimmick that doesn't mean anything.

If the world doesn't ramp up testing pretty much all of these sites will be meaningless.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:10:03 AM »
The US is only a few days away from Corona killing as many Americans as World War I, The Vietnam War and The Korean War combined.  All in 7 months.  Or in simpler figures, half a World War II.

Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »
The US is only a few days away from Corona killing as many Americans as World War I, The Vietnam War and The Korean War combined.  All in 7 months.  Or in simpler figures, half a World War II.
While the UK ranks fourth in the world with deaths per million almost equal to Spain.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
Some bleach should fix it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 01:37:01 AM »
While the UK ranks fourth in the world with deaths per million almost equal to Spain.

I wasn't starting a competition.  I guess I was silently asking why the fuck your current government are treating it like it's not really happening. 

But I'll play the comparison game if you really want to.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 03:50:06 AM »

I wasn't starting a competition.  I guess I was silently asking why the fuck your current government are treating it like it's not really happening. 

wasn't thinking it was a competition, though do think we've discussed it before. Maybe was silently wondering if fixating on the US makes the situation in other places seem better.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 04:31:58 AM »

I'll play.  :orly:  Did you know Americans are a gazillion times more likely to die of gopher rabies than they are to die from egg cups?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 04:58:53 AM »

wasn't thinking it was a competition, though do think we've discussed it before. Maybe was silently wondering if fixating on the US makes the situation in other places seem better.

Perhaps there is something in what you say.  People do like to point at others misfortune and think that although things are personally bad, they're not quite THAT bad.

My mindset was just looking at the big numbers and thinking WTF?  Trump and his zombie horde are still ignoring this.  There are people who are still brushing it off as just another flu bug.  I thought quantifying it in brutal units like wars put it in perspective. 

If we are to do a comparison, Britain has so far lost one "The Blitz", plus two "D-Days".

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 05:03:31 AM »
Note:  For our Australian posters:

(1 x Blitz) + (2 x DDay) = 1 x Gallipoli

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 07:34:52 AM »

Perhaps there is something in what you say.  People do like to point at others misfortune and think that although things are personally bad, they're not quite THAT bad.

My mindset was just looking at the big numbers and thinking WTF?  Trump and his zombie horde are still ignoring this.  There are people who are still brushing it off as just another flu bug.  I thought quantifying it in brutal units like wars put it in perspective. 

If we are to do a comparison, Britain has so far lost one "The Blitz", plus two "D-Days".
Personally think the world has been thrust into a grieving process. Denial, anger, bargaining and depression, are as natural as acceptance.  That US political leaders of every variety appear to seek to capitalize on each aspect of this is as expected as people's reactions.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 08:15:39 AM »

Nope, it doesn't. We're just watching the train wreck that is Trump, wondering how he is allowed to continue.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
Back on topic. Trackers can be frustrating to discuss when not accompanied by any level of analysis, along with reporting delays and public discussion of inaccurate and/or insufficient testing, and/or reporting. Enough time has passed to allow a different approach to viewing mortality via excess mortality. For those who might find it of interest, https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-p-scores?year=earliest&time=2020-01-05..2020-08-16 The link is very user friendly, allowing to add and remove countries within the data set, setting date ranges, while accommodating for chart, map, and table views.