Author Topic: I suppose this is the place to write random things  (Read 440 times)

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
I suppose this is the place to write random things
« on: September 22, 2019, 05:52:48 AM »
I've just finished reading 'The Dark Web Murders', by Brian O'Hare which I reviewed for a whopping $5. And am now reading A. J. Finn's, 'The Woman in the Window', which isn't something I'm being paid to review, but I like to read better acclaimed titles between those. My next planned read through includes The Walking Dead, graphic novels which happen to be available with Kindle Unlimited - something I recently bought into. I'm not all that thrilled with KU, except that those are available. I may cancel my subscription to it, once I've read through TWD.

I'm having a bit of a drink tonight, as I sit here by myself, in an empty house, and with my Kindle on charge. I just replied to an email from my estranged friend in the USA and have been a bit befuddled about her last message to me. You see, I asked her a sort of inappropriate question. Not inappropriate in the sense that the question itself was, but more because the question I'd asked was something I already knew the answer to, and had simply forgotten throughout the course of time we've been in communication. So I digress, we have come closer for her having to re-tell me this "lost information," because I was able to remind her of my own similar experiences.

Sometimes I wonder about coming to i2, like where am I supposed to write everything I want to write? There's a forum for posting reviews but that's only supposed to be your favorite books, movie, and tv, or games, and sometimes I want to write a negative review, but that doesn't seem to be included. So invariably, I've ended up here, writing out endless nothings in the hopes that my post will be found. The Dark Web Murders wasn't that great, btw.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I suppose this is the place to write random things
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:40:11 AM »
Nobody ever stays on topic anyway. Just post.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 07:50:13 PM »
I fully expect to encounter any sort of conversation anywhere and everywhere on the forum. Just type whatever is on your mind, it can't possibly be as pointless as most of what gets posted.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 01:10:39 AM »
The only threads staying on topic are those with the word "random" in the subject line. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »
Watching a show on the Smithsonian Channel about Crocodile evolution and deep time.  I love shows about deep time and our Earth.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:27:30 AM »
Had a weird dream where I went back to a former employer, the one that had me stressed out for years.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 06:16:11 AM »
It was a gorgeous, summery day on Sydney today.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »
Random things.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
Had a weird dream where I went back to a former employer, the one that had me stressed out for years.

This dream interpretation website says the primary meaning is you're worried about money.  :orly:

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/old-job
:gopher:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »
So today I was talking to my friend at work about another friend who just missed out on a job at Google in England.

Then my friend at work said "I think you just activated your phone". And my phone was displaying a list of results telling me how to change my Google settings to English.

Creepy as fuck

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 04:54:45 PM »
Don't you love meeting some complete stranger who knows you.

Well, I am married into a family of people who are well regarded in this county, due to the many brothers of my wife's family AND her mother's legacy.

SO it is often I am recognized like, "Hey, I know you!  DAMN, how you doing? You are Mrs. DirtDawg's  husband, right?"

Well, yeah.

Who the fuck are you. (I never lead with that, even though it is what I am thinking) I try to be kind to everyone, even with presumptive strangers.
 :zombiefuck:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 04:58:15 PM »
Random things.  :zoinks:
Sometimes it is just too easy.

Now put my damn grass back!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 12:53:06 AM »
Apparently honesty isn't a nice policy with certain people...

Damn, who am I kidding -__-

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 11:19:55 AM »

This dream interpretation website says the primary meaning is you're worried about money.  :orly:

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/old-job

:laugh:

I would if I still worked there.,

- Albert Einstein

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 07:52:32 PM »
I gave up reading The Walking Dead graphic novels while into the second edition. The season 10 TWD premier was yesterday, so I should be able to grab it today. I've been reading and reviewing books, getting Grammarly paid subscription tomorrow so that will help with my writing and the reviews.
Anyone doing the nano challenge this November? I'm looking to connect with some nanoers this year.