Educational

Author Topic: Best statue ever  (Read 300 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Best statue ever
« on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:56 PM »
This statue by Adam Trbušek of a huge pink rabbit devouring a human is in Pilsen, Czech Republic.

I seriously want a smaller version for my yard. This is awesome.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Best statue ever
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 05:44:21 AM »
intersting statue. this is one of those posts that made me go away and google for more info. i sort of like it and sort of hate it, which would be the intended response i guess.  i'm basically reading it as one huge ironic statement on the power of kitsch.
not something i would want in my yard, i'd want something a lot more subtle.
i'll bet if you put one up in your neighbourhood , you'd have masses of right-wing parents campaigning to have it taken down, because it's giving their kids nightmares; and a great big hoo-hah in the press about it, ofc  now, that would be fun, so tempted to egg you on  >:D

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 06:58:14 AM »
Can't help but wonder if he ate the ears first. Smaller versions might be available after the hype wears down. Couple years ago, bought the oldest a small statue that looks like one of Koons metallic balloon dogs.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 08:55:56 AM »
intersting statue. this is one of those posts that made me go away and google for more info. i sort of like it and sort of hate it, which would be the intended response i guess.  i'm basically reading it as one huge ironic statement on the power of kitsch.
not something i would want in my yard, i'd want something a lot more subtle.
i'll bet if you put one up in your neighbourhood , you'd have masses of right-wing parents campaigning to have it taken down, because it's giving their kids nightmares; and a great big hoo-hah in the press about it, ofc  now, that would be fun, so tempted to egg you on  >:D

I have one neighbor that would actually see it, so it wouldn't cause much ruckus here.

Years back my dad and I stumbled across an inert bomb from WWII someone had in their backyard. I enlisted a guy with a flatbed for moving the behemoth and was given the duty of finding more help for placing it in the yard...we were going to paint it pink and put a saddle on it.

Mom however, was not totally onboard with the idea when she found out our plans.

It ended up painted mustard yellow in the town square parking lot where it was an ornament for years, until I think it was finally scraped in early 2000 or so.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 01:23:42 AM »
Awesome statue. I'd get one too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:24:52 PM »
:aff:
:gopher: