Author Topic: The Unnecessary Casanova Complex  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: The Unnecessary Casanova Complex
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »
I really am going to get laid when I get out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:17:24 AM by Tequila »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 08:23:10 AM »

She already has a kid from another guy, so I don't want to take that risk with giving her another.

I'm totally with sg here.
It's really not a good idea to get with somebody you don't even like.
They have ways of sucking you in,  by no means limited to getting pregnant, but that's a simple, effective one ofc.

Btw, why was this posted in "Political pundits"? :S

I disagree a little. Is it better having sex with someone you really connect to? Absolutely!
....Having said that....If Genesis is using this as a thing to hold him back from getting laid for the first time...I do not think its probably THAT bigger thing. Hook up, get that out of his system. See what he likes or doesn't, get some self-awareness and confidence. That way when he does happen to find someone he DOES really like he'll know what he wants and hopefully have a bit of an idea what she may like too.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
Okay Gen, time for some serious advice from someone who has been thru similar.

For a guy your age who hasn't been in a serious intimate relationship, the idea of relationships can be scary.

Don't worry about the sexy time stuff, any girl who judges you based on your lack of experience is best discarded anyway.

Find someone who cares about you and who sees the good in you and you will be fine. Trust me on that.

As for using this as a practice relationship, that idea has it's merits. But there will be drama and manipulation most likely and guys like us are prone to ending up either in no relationship ev ever or really bad relationships with the wrong kinda people.

Make friends and be as socially active as you can handle is probably my only positive advice. Even just talking to people and learning to be a good listener is a step in the right direction.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:04 PM »
Can understand Genesis not wanting to risk involvement with a breeder. Don't know how you guys can stand to walk around with those things. It must be terrifying.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »
Mine shoots blanks. Best way to avoid excessive breeding.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 12:15:08 AM »
I was always the one who girls avoided... what's so different now? (Or was the avoidance all in my head because of the barriers I put up with my appearance?)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 12:03:42 PM »
Investing in friendships is the better path, I've discovered. Mainly because I'm prone to making bad relationship choices without first knowing a person. That said, I am single and have been for a few years. I have accepted my life as being single and have adjusted to that reality, so now I have much more fun making friendships instead. I have accepted that I might be single well into my 50s, and even perhaps for my whole life. I haven't had as many attacks of loneliness as I used to when I was younger and wishing for a girlfriend to hold.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »
Investing in friendships is the better path, I've discovered. Mainly because I'm prone to making bad relationship choices without first knowing a person. That said, I am single and have been for a few years. I have accepted my life as being single and have adjusted to that reality, so now I have much more fun making friendships instead. I have accepted that I might be single well into my 50s, and even perhaps for my whole life. I haven't had as many attacks of loneliness as I used to when I was younger and wishing for a girlfriend to hold.

I just don't want to be involved with a breeder though... especially the SPED variety!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2019, 06:17:04 AM »

I just don't want to be involved with a breeder though... especially the SPED variety!

Oh for fuck's sake. All women from the time they start puberty to menopause is potentially a "breeder" and "breeding" has its place in the world. Connect with a girl you like. You do not have to love her to the moon and back or have unprotected sex and increase the size of her potential family. Just connect. Sex is great and does not have to be with someone you love. Certainly it is pointless at best with someone you do not like. But Find someone you like connect if you end you having sex that is necessarily a good thing. Make sure you have your cock packaged and we are all good. If you do not have sex, that is all good too.

Get this "breeder" shit out of your head.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »
Make sure you have your cock packaged and we are all good.
In practice, the birthcontrol effectiveness of condoms is similar to that of the rhythm and withdrawal methods.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
Mine shoots blanks. Best way to avoid excessive breeding.
Know someone who I think might be avoiding sex, and thus relationships, due to not wanting children. Shooting blanks might come up in conversation in the near future. :laugh:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »
Gen, I don't like to admit this, but Al is making a lot of sense.

Most guys like sex and don't really tie themselves into a series of what-ifs when the opportunity presents itself. The small head does the majority of the thinking.

Don't overthink it. Life is too short.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2019, 02:32:10 PM »
Well, it depends on what you want.

If you want a meaningful relationship, those are harder to cultivate. I aim for friendships instead, especially because friendships help increase my social and interpersonal skills. The more confidence you have in your interpersonal skills, the more relaxed you are socially, the better luck you'll have of attracting someone you're really into.

Now, if all you want is to not be a virgin, thats a whole nother ball game. If someone is offering sex, use a condom and make it consensual.

If they are a "breeder" as you say (which I assume means that they are the type that like to trap men by carrying their fetus), then I would run. Healthy people do not do that sort of thing.  :runaway:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Gen, I don't like to admit this, but Al is making a lot of sense.

Most guys like sex and don't really tie themselves into a series of what-ifs when the opportunity presents itself. The small head does the majority of the thinking.

Don't overthink it. Life is too short.

MOSW is as stupid as they come, and he gets it, Gen.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 07:41:57 PM »
Fair enough

Thanks Al

Thanks MOSW