Author Topic: 5-Month-Old Baby Is Malnourished And Close To Death Because Parents Forced It On  (Read 380 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!

There is nothing wrong about eating a vegan or vegetarian diet. Many health professionals would even argue that it is a very healthy way to eat. Adults who choose to eat that way should be given the credit they deserve for making a wise decision for their bodies. Babies, on the other hand, do not have a choice about what they eat – and just have to have whatever their parents feed them.

Milk is an essential part of any baby’s diet. Not only does it provide water to keep the infant hydrated, but it also provides carbohydrates, fats, and a lot of protein to keep the baby nourished. Milk, however, is not part of a vegan diet. So when one set of parents decided that their five-month-old baby was going to be vegan, they proceeded to feed him nothing but mashed potatoes. Now their little baby is on the brink of death after being severely malnourished because of the parents’ ignorant assumptions about infant nutrition.

31-year-old Robert Buskey and 20-year-old Julia French decided to ignore their baby’s doctor’s orders and feed their child a vegan diet. However, by the time of the baby was five-months-old, it had hardly gained a pound since birth, which is very scary. Because both parents eat a vegan diet, they forced it upon their baby and had fed him only a potato mash recipe they had found online. Because these parents let their child starve, giving him far too little mash than needed, they lost custody of their boy. Now the child is with the Department of Children and Families. Finally, the baby boy is getting the nutrients he needs for his small body and internal organs – including his brain – to grow and function as he needed.

The parents in question lived in Titusville, Florida and subscribed to a vegan lifestyle, which they thought would be healthier for their newborn baby. However, they failed to account for the diversity of nutrients the baby needed in order to grow and be healthy.

Thankfully, Titusville police stopped Buskey and French from causing more harm to the baby. They were charged with suspected child neglect and promptly arrested. Although they have to go through the due process legally afforded to them, police officers needed to take only one look at the five-month-old baby to know how much pain and suffering he was experiencing because of the parents’ neglect. The baby was malnourished and much too small for his age. He also had skin hanging from his extremities because he had not gained enough weight to fill out his growing skin.

The arrest affidavit claimed that the baby could not move and lacked muscle tone. The child was clearly underfed and had a weakened body, which was not strong enough to maintain adequate blood sugar levels or body temperatures. This made the baby extremely tired and constantly cold.

Doctors attested to the baby’s severe state of dehydration. They also reported to police officers that the baby might face long-term consequences for the way his parents treated him. Because he did not get enough food and water in his infancy, he may not develop properly as he grows up. Because these parents did not provide the baby with adequate access to nutrition, he suffered.

https://awm.com/5-month-old-baby-is-malnourished-and-close-to-death-because-parents-forced-it-on-a-vegan-diet/?utm_content=buffer4338b&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=ao&fbclid=IwAR3FsDxiY312kX6VpbBFuJ4KdOF4mcTc0A4sCo2oLVGqUDMbWfh_htWnnsA
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:57:42 PM by Bastet »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
It's not as if there aren't soy based formulas for infants who can't have dairy.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Maybe they were feeling pressured by their vegan peers on the subject. Breastfeeding helps so you don’t have to put them on a vegan diet. I’ve seen reports of deaths of children forced to go vegan. I don’t get why this even has to happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/broadly.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/wjqbem/judge-convicts-parents-after-baby-dies-from-vegan-diet

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/withoutacrystalball/2018/10/religious-vegan-parents-convicted-in-starvation-death-of-son/

The vegan diet isn’t healthy for breastfeeding.

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/baby-breastfed-by-vegan-mother-dies/

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Another article says the baby was previously given "a doctor-recommended formula that was consistent with their vegan lifestyle", but they switched to potatoes and couldn't explain why.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Veganism is often practised as an ideology. The parents may have avoided mainstream advice and ignored the baby's poor health due to their strict belief in the ideology.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Veganism is often practised as an ideology. The parents may have avoided mainstream advice and ignored the baby's poor health due to their strict belief in the ideology.

They can be particularly militant about their beliefs online. I don’t go around arguing with anyone about their dietary intake, some of the people I’ve chatted with are hateful and downright nutty. They refer to non vegans, including vegetarians as “Carnists”.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 06:47:31 PM by Bastet »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days

Do not forget about the idiotic people trying to force a kept pet Fenec Fox to go vegan and starving it nearly to death before intervention rescued the poor animal or the stupid people who tried to get all their rabbits on their farm to go low carb.

Really stupid people out there.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days

They can be particularly militant about their beliefs online. I don’t go around arguing with anyone about their dietary intake, some of the people I’ve chatted with are hateful and downright nutty. They refer to non vegans, including vegetarians as “Carnists”.

I volunteer as a carnist.
Not much carne I do not like. A few organs put me off, but if it is a muscle from something that walked the earth, flew the skies or swam the sea, I will eat it when prepared well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:32:41 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
This is really sad. I'm sorry for that child, and for the parents who were not aware enough to understand the instinctual needs of the child.

Human milk doesn't violate a vegan, or any diet. I dont know any vegans who would condone this stupidity, and cruelty.. If they did, they would have to prevent every calf from suckling their cow mother's milk. The logic does not follow...It seems like they could have been on some other ideological kick and blamed it on veganism.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.