Author Topic: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".  (Read 4822 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2019, 01:45:50 PM »
Deny it all you want. Your posts tell a different story.

You are really talking to yourself at this point

Then who are you talking to?

No one in particular. Mainly just reacting and amusing myself.

Kind of like writing some graffiti. You are kind of sharing it but ultimately not invested in it. Nor is it really to yourself

So I'm right. You are talking to yourself.

Figures.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 05:03:02 PM »

I not very smart. But I sometimes get memes. They are very useful for those of us who are bereft of decent arguments or original insults.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 08:06:15 PM »
In Europe you can get around quite well by train, often very high speed trains. Building a high speed rail network between major population centres would mean that air traffic could be massively reduced. It's a good idea, worth exploring.

Uum, no it isn't. California couldn't even build a high speed rail from L.A. to San Fran. They've encountered huge cost overruns and now only plan to link a few central valley cities to the big cities.

Now think about how much more of a boondoggle this would be on a national level. The US is a pretty big country with hundreds of large cities to connect needing hundreds of thousands of miles of rail to be built.

Where is the money and construction workers going to come from for this? Even AOC can't answer that.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2019, 12:10:01 AM »
In Europe you can get around quite well by train, often very high speed trains. Building a high speed rail network between major population centres would mean that air traffic could be massively reduced. It's a good idea, worth exploring.

Uum, no it isn't. California couldn't even build a high speed rail from L.A. to San Fran. They've encountered huge cost overruns and now only plan to link a few central valley cities to the big cities.

Now think about how much more of a boondoggle this would be on a national level. The US is a pretty big country with hundreds of large cities to connect needing hundreds of thousands of miles of rail to be built.

Where is the money and construction workers going to come from for this? Even AOC can't answer that.

You don't actually need to build it all at once.

Connect some major population centres by train. Do it properly with competent engineers and planners. It sounds like you have the same sort of people running your rail infrastructure projects as we do.

I have travelled by high speed rail in the past, as an alternative to air travel between major cities, and it's a pleasant experience. You do need to get people used to the idea, though, that fares will be closer to airfares than to traditional train fares, but point-to-point travel times will also be closer to air travel.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2019, 01:04:14 AM »
It is a good idea, and it's perfectly doable.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2019, 03:58:26 AM »
Deny it all you want. Your posts tell a different story.

You are really talking to yourself at this point

Then who are you talking to?

Kind of like writing some graffiti. You are kind of sharing it but ultimately not invested in it. Nor is it really to yourself

So I'm right. You are talking to yourself.

Figures.

You do not have the ability to reason. You should stop presuming you are right about anything
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2019, 03:59:16 AM »

I not very smart. But I sometimes get memes. They are very useful for those of us who are bereft of decent arguments or original insults.

You do not get them either though....do you?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2019, 03:59:43 AM »

No.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2019, 06:45:44 AM »
Al the Engineer has spoken. I guess those hacks in the rest of the world should know better.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
Connect some major population centres by train.

Do you lack reading comprehension?? California was unable to connect L.A. to San Fran and this was after several cost overruns, almost 20 years ago!

It sounds like you have the same sort of people running your rail infrastructure projects as we do.

Ours are probably worse. California is especially Byzantine with it's red tape in getting any major project done. Most of the time and money gets wasted on redundant environmental impact studies and things like that.

In order to cut through red tape like that, you'll need a dictatorship, which is AOC's agenda all along.

The Green New deal has Federal power garb written all over it.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you??

I mean like Dunning-Kreuger kind of stupid.

Here you are at the top of Mt. Stupid. vvv    :hahaha:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2019, 08:23:23 PM »
Connect some major population centres by train.

Do you lack reading comprehension?? California was unable to connect L.A. to San Fran and this was after several cost overruns, almost 20 years ago!

It sounds like you have the same sort of people running your rail infrastructure projects as we do.

Ours are probably worse. California is especially Byzantine with it's red tape in getting any major project done. Most of the time and money gets wasted on redundant environmental impact studies and things like that.

In order to cut through red tape like that, you'll need a dictatorship, which is AOC's agenda all along.

The Green New deal has Federal power garb written all over it.

Note that I said "do it properly with competent engineers and planners". Not "do it the same way you did it last time and hope that the outcome is different. Because that's the definition of crazy, right? To keep doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes.

What tends to happen is that deals are done, favours are returned, political decisions are made, and you end up with a complete mess. Doesn't matter whether you've got a progressive government or a regressive government in charge.

Around the world there are big infrastructure projects that are delivered properly, on time and on budget. And there are big infrastructure projects that end up like your LA <=> San Francisco link. There are reasons for that. If you (not you specifically Pappy) keep making the same fuck-ups in the planning stages, don't be surprised when you keep getting fucked up outcomes.

In Sydney our government recently went out and bought $2 Billion worth of new trains. And forgot to measure them. They don't fit through our tunnels. If you guys can beat that level of incompetence then I'm impressed.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you??

I mean like Dunning-Kreuger kind of stupid.

Here you are at the top of Mt. Stupid. vvv    :hahaha:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2019, 02:20:18 AM »
Al the Engineer has spoken. I guess those hacks in the rest of the world should know better.

OMG he thinks AOC is an engineer.  :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2019, 08:09:36 AM »
OMG Al has reading comprehension issues AGAIN.

- Albert Einstein