Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 10108 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2019, 04:04:47 AM »
If I got butthurt enough over the stupid cr@p that gets posted in this place - most of it by me - that I was still butthurt about it a day later.... I'd be out of here so fast you wouldn't see me for dust.

Why is this stupid sh1t so important that it's still getting dragged out 4 YEARS LATER??????
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2019, 04:25:08 AM »
If I got butthurt enough over the stupid cr@p that gets posted in this place - most of it by me - that I was still butthurt about it a day later.... I'd be out of here so fast you wouldn't see me for dust.

Why is this stupid sh1t so important that it's still getting dragged out 4 YEARS LATER??????

I am not butthurt. I just don't reward shitty behaviour.

You think bringing up my family and my relationship to them is a good idea (for example)? I say it isn't and say stepping over that line will not go anywhere that you would like to go. It is the wrong thing to do and a bad choice.

If you are a mod and fuck with me with mod tools for reasons that have everything to do with being emotional and wanting to fuck with me and nothing to do with breaking rules (for example) I would say that is a bad choice and probably not somewhere where either of us will have a great time or think back on it as a win.

So it goes. Similar things could be said for siding against me in a feud with someone who has gone into the gutter against me, Breaking truces and so forth.

Now you may say "But that was a long time ago". Okay let's follow that logic through. "That was a long time ago and.....therefore anyone saying that should...." Because it seems to me that any way you cut it they wait it out and....get away with their shit behaviour.

I did get talked into a truce. Three times. Guess how many Odeon broke. Three. Guess who is not interested letting shit slide anymore?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2019, 04:42:39 AM »
Point is that I see one party acting like a dick day in, day out, over his version of shit that happened in the past.

Other people have different versions of shit that happened in the past but, guess what? They let it go. Or they left.

I've had differences with people on forums in the past. Normally the feud lasts for, like, only a year or two and then I forget. Nah, it lasts until I've finished saying what I've got to say about their behaviour and then I move on.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2019, 05:19:11 AM »
Why not just STOP?

Because it's a lie and a bullshit argument.

I know, you'd just keep on posting. Or not. But that's the difference between us. I could stop but then I'd be asking myself why I gave a forum for people like you. And that's when you'd stop, too. At least here.

So...you won't stop abusing power because maybe you'd keep getting accused of
abusing power? And if you had to stop abusing it, it's "giving the forum" to those
you abuse?

WTF is WRONG with you? You're psychotic.

If you're embracing this, I can see you cannot be reached.

Do you deliberately follow up a lie with another lie?

Ok, you're showing delusions too.

You can't deny that you've been abusing power. It's flat out there for anyone to see.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2019, 05:20:59 AM »
Point is that I see one party acting like a dick day in, day out, over his version of shit that happened in the past.

Point is, I see one person with access to the admin panel, misusing that ability to bully opposition.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2019, 05:59:21 AM »

Other people have different versions of shit that happened in the past but, guess what? They let it go. Or they left.

I've had differences with people on forums in the past. Normally the feud lasts for, like, only a year or two and then I forget. Nah, it lasts until I've finished saying what I've got to say about their behaviour and then I move on.

Right so YOU do things one way and I do things another way that is different to the way you do things? I do things different to you because I am not you? I am a different person?

I am responsible for every post I've made. There, responsability taken. Now what else does he want? The apology.
Missed this part of your post. Of course you're responsible for your posts. Can't really speak for anyone else, but an apology seems out of order. Maybe they want apologies and am personally misunderstanding the whole thing. Thinking apology isn't it. Sir Les's and DFG's manner of responses to personal insults can be expected by anyone who has previously seen them react. You're hardly a new or infrequent member, so am guessing you knew exactly what would happen. That's the one thing I haven't seen you state clearly; taking responsibility for being the cause of a easily pre-determined reaction.

I don't think that should be a hinder, but I know what you mean.
When I bluntly stated "idiot" in DFG's thread, I expected a reaction, but not half a year of it.

When I responded, equally bluntly, to Al in the thread where it all started, I also expected a reaction - but not half a year of it.

It now seems to fall on me, to do something about two people who are willing to react for at least 8 months to an insult. Believe me, I have insulted a LOT of people through the years, on this forum as well, but nobody took the reaction to these lengths, a "flame war" usually flames out over the course of a week, a month at most.
If I can do something _specific_ to unruffle ruffled feathers, I will - but I will not refrain from posting (or leave the forum) just because I've insulted people who will not let down once riled up. That is on them, not me.

I've been insulted as well, and not meaning by them, but by other people, other places. If I begun to freak out for 8 months in a row, I would prooobably be banned long before then (on most normal forums), but it would be entirely on me, to choose to react in that manner.
What happened to :viking: ?

I know that I took my insults far. And I am entirely prepared to apologize for that, if that is what is wanted.

Correct, reacting in the manner they have reacted isn't indicative of you, though the personal insults seemingly out of left field are. Fully agree their manner of response shouldn't be a hindrance to you; that's why previously stated that none of you should stop anything, as you're all simply being yourselves. Maybe a resolution is in order, maybe it's not. Have witnessed this method of reaction from Sir Les and DFG, some instances of things so old they pre-date my ability to know or understand the situation, so thus believe leaving wouldn't really end it, except maybe for you. Jack expected years. Not sure why you didn't.

years!?
Well, I didn't because a human lifetime is limited :D surely, there has to be other things to occupy one's mind after a certain length of time... :D

After a few months of this, then yes, I AM expecting this to last indefinitely, or untill I agree to - - - something! What exactly that is still eludes me.

Years is correct. Thought you knew,

It is funny when people like yourself pretend that this kind of repercussion is unexpected.

Everyone seemed to know except for Zegh (and I suspect he did too)

What it all comes down to is someone thinks they will be an arsehole and makes that choice. That is on them. They get to control the decision and the impulse. But once they act out and it is out of their control they are responsible for the repercussions. They do not get to take back control, retire it, hide it or pretend it was not them being an arsehole. As the receiver of that behaviour, the receiver has the option to do whatever they like with it.

So the arsehole needs to be is responsible for who and what they say and do and do not control the reaction. They better pick their targets, how invested they are in doing their arseholery, and IF they do something shitty the do not get the privilege to downplay, dismiss or pretend that they aren't responsible for their action.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:33 AM »
Why not just STOP?

I know, you'd just keep on posting. Or not. But that's the difference between us. I could stop but then I'd be asking myself why I gave a forum for people like you. And that's when you'd stop, too. At least here.

abusing power? And if you had to stop abusing it, it's "giving the forum" to those
you abuse?

You can't deny that you've been abusing power. It's flat out there for anyone to see.

I think he knows this but will never admit it. His ego can't handle it.

Point is, I see one person with access to the admin panel, misusing that ability to bully opposition.

Yes. He has tried a number of attempts to downplay and justify this but he need not. He is transparently using mod tools and threaten to try to silence dissent and the fact that it makes him look like the butthurt corrupt asshat he is each time, is just evidence of his ego and lack of introspection.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »
Yes Al. You and I are different people. I'm not a fucking pillow with legs. I don't go around proving that Jordan Peterson is the stupid man's smart person. Different.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:03 AM »
Why not just STOP?

you abuse?

:wanker:

This was tiresome ten years ago and it's tiresome now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »

I think the original butthurt got infected. Multiple times, probably.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »
Yes Al. You and I are different people. I'm not a fucking pillow with legs. I don't go around proving that Jordan Peterson is the stupid man's smart person. Different.

You could if you liked. Though i he is someone i have some issues with two. For example trying to wxplain Pepe and Kek has him talking about the underworld and what kind of creature a frog is and such. Cringeworthy. He doesnt always hit the mark. But he does it enough and on the points that matter

But that's my opinion. I don't care much either way. I may argue some positions just for the Hell of it

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2019, 02:05:41 PM »

I think the original butthurt got infected. Multiple times, probably.

That perfectly explain how you got to a place where you used the mod tools against me and later took a leave of absence vowing you were thinking of closing the site.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2019, 02:56:15 PM »
Why not just STOP?

you abuse?

:wanker:

This was tiresome ten years ago and it's tiresome now.

Not as tiresome as petty tyrants.

I'm surprised you don't see the CiC as a kindred spirit, honestly.

Now I see how people just end up calling you names constantly - you aren't self-aware enough to
even take criticism. You just continue with your shitty quips and brush offs.

All the while, acting like a FUCKING BABY if anyone actually hurts your feewings

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
Pot, meet kettle.

This is the only kind of discussion you're capable of, it's how you ruined the democracy experiment. I had hoped you'd calmed down after all these years, but no such luck.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2019, 05:04:41 PM »
I'm late to the drama party but I see I didn't miss much.

... but I didn’t think posting just persons name equated to d0xxing.

It doesn't. Not generally. Hell, many places require that you use your real name.

Odeon has special rules, probably for personal reasons.

*groan*

These are not my rules.

Yeah the doxxing rule isn't Odeon's and I fully support it. It's important to have places on the internet which you can keep separate from your full name.

My own experience has shown that abusing power with a reasonable explanation is better than being
hidebound about standing up for principles - at least for the health of the community.

This is an interesting point. Any thoughts as to why?

Because, I'm not sure anyone else is interested in actually making the work involved in maintaining the site.
It's a thankless task, and one which probably doesn't seem worth it at all, if everyone's just harping on you.
Are his little power trips a worthwhile cost to the members? Shit, I don't know. Maybe if the site's principles
were changed to reflect that, I'd be a lot happier with the trade off.

I^2 is a Free Speech Zone - except where it annoys the mebmonkey.

Y'know, I'd be in favor of amending things to state that. Though I'd stick a "within reason" on the end, a nice big wide open door for interpretation.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.