Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 9829 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2019, 05:03:33 PM »
I have to say, Cal, that the more you post, the more you stay the same.

Of course. While you have become increasingly corrupt.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2019, 11:37:56 AM »

It wasn't a positive sentiment.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2019, 11:44:41 AM »

It wasn't a positive sentiment.

It was. You just don't get it.

And you hide from whatever truth there may be behind these concerns, with cheap little quips.
That is, and has always been your tactic.

What I am, what Scrap is, what Les is, what various people who have abandoned the site due
to false pretexts are - none of this matters terribly. What matters is how you act, as an admin.

And, because you have no actual defense, you resort to smearing and bullying.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2019, 02:28:48 PM »
I guess that depends on who you ask. You haven't changed, Cal, and if you think that's somehow a good thing, then I feel sorry for you. But hey, whatever gets you through the night.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
I guess that depends on who you ask. You haven't changed, Cal, and if you think that's somehow a good thing, then I feel sorry for you. But hey, whatever gets you through the night.

You have absolutely changed. It is redundant suggesting otherwise
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »

I'm not sure how much - at least once Dunc left.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2019, 07:13:47 PM »
This vote ten years ago? http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,7512.45/viewresults.html  Memory is an interesting thing. Still can't help but wonder what asking nicely would have resulted in the here and now.

This was during the democracy, IIRC. We didn't have to beg for things from the staff, in theory.

EDIT: Apparently not. But, it seemed a reasonable thing to ask the membership about, rather
than just seek fiat anyhow. No matter how you put it, begging favors - whether just for myself
or for everyone - is simply not the way the world should work.

The 'big man' culture of favors is, to me, rather disgusting, even if it is how most of human society has always
worked. 'Tis the heart of corruption.

It's similar to how disabled people don't want everyone to open doors for them. They want to be able
to do things for themselves.
It was a memory from a time when decisions were made by votes and the vote result appears to have been upheld. As for the point being made here, it's only a matter of perspective. If at any point in time I had ever seen anyone say they would like the ability to change their own custom title and it had been denied, then I might agree with you. It's your own view that you see asking for a title change, or even asking for the right to change your own title, to be groveling. I can accept that about you and understand you don't want to ask for either, but from my perspective you screwed it all up by making it as if Odeon is some sort of bad guy making you grovel for stuff. Not sure what would have been a better approach. Maybe suggesting to me that I grovel for you. :laugh: Also, was hoping you would have noticed the oddity in that old poll.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2019, 08:13:23 PM »
Whilst I am currently happy with my title (it came from a joke aimed at me by a now years retired GP. He actually had a sense of humour, and seeing how many meds I was on at the time called me 'a pharmaceutical dustbin', because for some reason, I've always been somewhat hard to affect strongly with sedating/opioid type meds, and seem to in particular have a hard head for the first resort benzos, valium, chlordiazepoxide, lorazepam, temazepam in particular, and have some sort of particular affinity towards nitrobenzodiazepines, meaning in this country, on an NHS scriptable group, equates to either nitrazepam or loprazolam (no, not lorazepam, quite different), so if ever I do need a benzo, it's one of the two I ask specifically for in preference to any others)....he seemed to find it amusing that I had tastes in anxiolytics discerning enough to be partially based on their SAR/QSAR, plus being seemingly built like a tank without a benzo tolerance, and able to take doses scripted that would put most people out for several DAYS, and have to tell the doc 'errrm....I am not being affected at this dose, I generally don't start to be either until the doses make doctors freak the hell out, unless the benzos are those with that all-important nitro group there, which, due to, IIRC, additional serotonergic activity with nitrobenzodiazepines.

But I am strongly in favour of the custom title thing being at the user's discretion, to do it themselves.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2019, 01:00:05 AM »

Reading comprehension fail?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2019, 04:31:09 AM »

No, Just a point. Cal has not changed, sure. Nor I. You have though and not for the better.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
It was a memory from a time when decisions were made by votes and the vote result appears to have been upheld. As for the point being made here, it's only a matter of perspective. If at any point in time I had ever seen anyone say they would like the ability to change their own custom title and it had been denied, then I might agree with you. It's your own view that you see asking for a title change, or even asking for the right to change your own title, to be groveling. I can accept that about you and understand you don't want to ask for either, but from my perspective you screwed it all up by making it as if Odeon is some sort of bad guy making you grovel for stuff. Not sure what would have been a better approach. Maybe suggesting to me that I grovel for you. :laugh: Also, was hoping you would have noticed the oddity in that old poll.

Meh. That poll screwed nothing itself. Except that, at that time, ME asking anything was going to
be unpopular.

What I noticed was that you chose a particular point in the poll, rather than the first page so that the
entire flow could be determined. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Here's the background - some members enjoyed shifting their profiles about quite a bit at that time.
The reason I was de-admined was actually the start of this broader practice. The fact that, in order to
play this little game, we needed to have an 'on call' admin to perform the change was an annoyance
to swift changes.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2019, 08:59:57 AM »

But I am strongly in favour of the custom title thing being at the user's discretion, to do it themselves.

AND, if it is, admin 'pranks' to change it become a much lesser thing.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

No, Just a point. Cal has not changed, sure. Nor I. You have though and not for the better.

Reading comprehension fail it is.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »

Meh. That poll screwed nothing itself. Except that, at that time, ME asking anything was going to
be unpopular.

What I noticed was that you chose a particular point in the poll, rather than the first page so that the
entire flow could be determined. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Here's the background - some members enjoyed shifting their profiles about quite a bit at that time.
The reason I was de-admined was actually the start of this broader practice. The fact that, in order to
play this little game, we needed to have an 'on call' admin to perform the change was an annoyance
to swift changes.
No, found the poll in the search, so that's why the link didn't reference the first page. The results show only ten people voted but the poll options total sixteen.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »

Reading comprehension fail it is.

Not on my side. Cant speak to you and your inability to comprehend........anything