Author Topic: Medical Malpractice?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Medical Malpractice?
« on: December 25, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »
Ok. So I've recently had some Thyriod issues, (I have a Tumor the size of a golf ball in one hemisphere of my Thyriod gland) was told it was Benign, (non cancerous) BUT went to and ENT doctor and he said the type of tumor I have, Hurthle Cell Adenomia is usually cancer and a FNA biopsy wont rule out cancer at all with this because you have to completely remove it and then biopsy it to determine just what it is

So, that's exactly what he's gonna do. I'm going in for a partial thyriodectomy at the end of January, and they will biopsy it while I'm asleep and if it is Cancer they will remove the other half of my Thyriod.

I honestly just feel lied to. Frustrated, and like maybe I should drop the healthcare worker I have because of the bad information I received.

Have you been in a similar situation? What would you do?
:skywarp:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Medical Malpractice?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »
Drop the healthcare worker, definitely.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »
Did the one who told you it was benign perform a biopsy?

Definitely, regardless, drop the bugger like a handful of red hot dog turd. If the first doctor just told you it was benign straight off the bat then IMO thats grounds for a lawsuit, given the type of tumor is usually cancerous, especially. But SHIT, if he didn't do an analysis/have them done, then definitely, sue the fucking bastard.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
I've definitely seen some other shit over the years, but I tend to avoid doctors period anymore, so I really have no good advice here.

But found this...

https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/benign-hurthle-cell-tumors-of-the-thyroid-a-diagnosis-to-be-trust\

...other info also says they normally remove it because it's not easy to predict if it will "become" cancerous...not that it necessarily "is". So until you have a concrete reason to be worried, try to stay positive.

IMO...doctors are a lot like mechanics, some know their shit, some know less shit or pretend to know more shit, and some I swear are sadists in disguise.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 10:52:33 PM »
The worst of them are both of the latter. Either know less/pretend to know more (or worse yet, both), AND sadistic fucks.

And there are the ones who are really opinionated, and worse, arrogant and up their own dick-eye about it, they really suck ass. Especially the types who INSIST on virtually demanding 'this is how it is, it's how it works and this is so, because I say it is' and who'll continue yammering dogma into your face despite being presented with peer-reviewed, validated clinical evidential data finding their claim incontrovertibly false, or another 'how' is the case. The ones that don't care how much research has been done, because they've been doing their job for XXXXX years and that's that so screw off, I do not care what medical science knows, because I know better than all those other clinicians and research teams, and no, I am NOT wrong, I can't be wrong, if I was wrong, how could I be telling you I am right?' and other such bollocks.

I've met a few really, REALLY shitty doctors in my time, a few even that I really wanted to smack in the mouth right then and there.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 11:25:49 PM »
I pretty much agree with everybody else in this thread. So all i have to add add is...very best of luck to you,  Jesse

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 03:33:35 AM »
Not much to add here either, except for good luck and here's hoping that it is indeed benign and that everything goes well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 05:30:47 AM »
My sister is having the exact same surgery on the 16th of January. She's been told it's cancer but they're doing a biopsy while she's asleep to make sure. So it might even be benign. They won't know for sure until they operate.

It would be excellent if both of you don't have cancer.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »
  Best wishes to Jesse and to Renaeden's sister.  Wishing you peace and hope in the interim. :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 09:49:29 AM »
Echoing what the others have said.

Positives:

It may very well be benign.
If it is cancerous, thyroid cancer is one of the most curable cancers.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
A lot of sickness and misery here today. :(

Get better, everybody!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words. No, the healthcare worker did not preform the Biopsy she just "interpreted" them to me which was weird because at the time she had to have someone else tell her what they meant. (She's a nurse practitioner) but I will definetly be dropping her as my provider.

I trust the Ear, Nose and throat doctor more.

Ren, I'm so sorry about your sis. Hope for the best and a speedy recovery for her.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 02:11:59 PM »
Sending strong hopes for good outcomes for Jesse and for Ren's sister.

And change your practitioner.

My brother's girlfriend was going to a doctor for months. She had funny symptoms like one eye felt much bigger than the other. Losing her sense of taste. Doctor diagnosed various things including ear infection and hypochondria. After she went into a coma and couldn't be woken she was taken to hospital and found to have a large brain tumour. By that stage nothing could be done and she died a few days later, never came out of the coma. My brother tried to get something done about the malpractice but didn't get anywhere.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 02:26:32 PM »
I'm so sorry Minister of silly walks. That's goddamn awful!  :-[

((Hugs))  :grouphug:

I honestly do not think anybody knows what they are doing. I watched my grandfather go through something similar, he was 79 had a stroke (was in a coma) but still breathing on his own and the doctors didn't want to lay him flat to scan his brain to see where the bleed was because they were afraid he was going to choke. He died 3 days later, I kinda figured they just thought he was an old man so why even try. It was incredibly upsetting, and still pisses me off to this day

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
Sending good thoughts, Jesse!  My sister in law had thyroid cancer and came out of surgery clean and cancer free.  Though she will have to take meds for the rest of her life.  But, better that than the alternative.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant