Educational

Author Topic: Soft tissue in dinosaurs can be explained by...?  (Read 215 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Soft tissue in dinosaurs can be explained by...?
« on: December 01, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
Don't know if anybody has seen this but there has been a few discoveries by scientists where soft spongy tissue has been recovered from apparently millions upon millions of years old fossils.

First they said Iron in the dinosaurs body acted as a formaldehyde and preserved it, but now they are saying it's alot like burnt toast because certain chemicals bind to the tissue making it impervious to decay

Now I'm no scientist and even I know this is bullshit. Which got me to thinking, why do we even listen to people with degrees at universities? They know about as much
:skywarp:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Soft tissue in dinosaurs can be explained by...?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »
I was under the impression that that was a young earth creationist hoax.  :dunno:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
Nope. It's a real thing,

https://www.google.com/search?q=soft+tissue+in+dinosaur+bones&oq=Soft&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j69i61j0l2j69i60.1860j1j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

At first the explanation was Iron in the dinosaurs body acted like formaldehyde, but that seems to have now turned into the burnt toast theory.

http://www.wshu.org/post/dinosaurs-and-burnt-toast-more-common-you-may-think

Either way, I don't think they know what they're talking about So, in essence they are throwing anything against the wall hoping it sticks. Young Earth Creationists are just opportunists, they don't know Jack either about it

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »
https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/soft-tissue-dinosaur-fossil.htm

I found this very interesting.

The alternative hypothesis, that the soft tissue was effectivel pond scum, does sound more plausible.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 03:59:43 PM »
Nope. It's a real thing,

https://www.google.com/search?q=soft+tissue+in+dinosaur+bones&oq=Soft&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j69i61j0l2j69i60.1860j1j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

At first the explanation was Iron in the dinosaurs body acted like formaldehyde, but that seems to have now turned into the burnt toast theory.

http://www.wshu.org/post/dinosaurs-and-burnt-toast-more-common-you-may-think

Either way, I don't think they know what they're talking about So, in essence they are throwing anything against the wall hoping it sticks. Young Earth Creationists are just opportunists, they don't know Jack either about it

From the burnt toast article:

Jasmina said unfortunately these cells are so chemically altered that the original dino DNA is gone – in other words, the toast is too burnt. That means no cloning dinosaurs. So for now at least, “Jurassic Park” will have to stay in the realm of sci-fi.

So is it preserved dinosaur soft tissue or is it a chemically altered facsimile of dinosaur soft tissue?

The original claims of soft tissue were made by Mary Schweitzer, an evangelical Christian, who admitted that she had published her original claims without adequate study or research as she was trying to secure further funding (this is often the case with headline-grabbing scientific claims).
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
Interesting. Never heard that theory yet, however it just baffles my mind how soft stretchy tissue can be recovered from that timeframe, when science says, apparently all matter especially protein based like that can't survive after 4 million years.

Either way, I'm having a fun time trolling Christians and Scientists alike.