Educational

Author Topic: Can't Fix Stupid...  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Can't Fix Stupid...
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2018, 01:02:53 PM »
That is the difference. Of course racists can exist, of course they can hold rallies. My point is the president of the United States should not give credence to that and he does. The office is above that or at least should be.

I hear this a lot and I don't get it. Trump has said many things that are crass, poorly worded and un-PC but I've never heard him say anything overtly racist or condoning racism. Maybe people are just interpreting what he says in an uncharitable manner.

Free speech isn't free, especially if it is in bad taste. Social norms, societal norms, decency have no room for that. Times change, what happened in the past probably won't be the same in the future. Should it be so? Maybe. But when you're trying to sway everybody in society to be decent and not a scum bag I guess you are just gonna have leave the white hoods and nooses at home. Where you have privacy

There's so much wrong with this. Popular speech doesn't need 1st Amendment type protections, it's the unpopular, indecent and bad taste speech that needs to be protected. This is a slippery slope. Who gets to decide what speech is in bad taste and indecent? Who gets to decide what penalties there will be for improper speech? Who gets to enforce it? We already see Silicon Valley tech giants engaging in Orwellian censorship of wrongthinkers and the effect it's having on society is chilling. Soon, it may be illegal in Europe to speak out against mass immigration. Where do you stop with the censorship once you start doing it?? Where does it end??

As far as the Klan goes, I prefer to have them out in the open so people can see just how small their numbers truly are (only about 5K left according to the SPLC) and to hear them in their own words so they can be denounced as idiots.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
Racists can gather, hold rallies etc. So I don't know why you think they can't
If you're talking about why they can't use someone else's platform, IE: social media, brick and mortar businesses etc. Well there is no free speech there, because you are only guaranteed free speech involving your government. Not businesses

So if a racist want to post racist shit on Twitter and they get the ban hammer that isn't a violation of free speech

Nobody in their right mind thinks Donald Trump is getting unfair play or perhaps reading him wrong. I mean really? It's quite evident what hes saying. I'm tired of people saying well, he speaks his mind! Give me a break. He's a vulgar nitwit with half a brain, if Obama was doing, saying any of this they'd already be impeaching his ass. Guaranteed

:skywarp:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
Read the part where I say "they don't all see this..."

Classic gaslighting right there.   ::)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
Racists can gather, hold rallies etc. So I don't know why you think they can't

I didn't say they couldn't, I was just responding to your comments which I'm guessing were your own personal opinion.

If you're talking about why they can't use someone else's platform, IE: social media, brick and mortar businesses etc. Well there is no free speech there, because you are only guaranteed free speech involving your government. Not businesses

Well, that's certainly true but given the fact that many people now have been deplatformed by multiple sites on the same day without any warning, it does raise the possibility they're violating anti-trust laws. Also, given the size of these tech giants and the central role they play in public communication, it's possible that the government may come down on them soon and regulate them as public utilities. If that happens, then something like 1st amendment protections would exist on these platforms.

So if a racist want to post racist shit on Twitter and they get the ban hammer that isn't a violation of free speech

True but Twitter is banning people for the dumbest of reasons nowadays. Did you hear about the feminist who got banned for saying that men aren't women??

Nobody in their right mind thinks Donald Trump is getting unfair play or perhaps reading him wrong.

You must not watch the non-stop Trump bashing on MSNBC then.

I mean really? It's quite evident what hes saying. I'm tired of people saying well, he speaks his mind! Give me a break. He's a vulgar nitwit with half a brain, if Obama was doing, saying any of this they'd already be impeaching his ass. Guaranteed

Yes, he's a vulgar nitwit but sometimes it's deliberate, he's trolling to get people flustered so they overreact. It's one of his go-to tactics.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
Worrying about why racist don't get fair play on social media is pretty silly or why some business ban people? With that line of thinking you would also have to defend a child molester the right to say and ultimately diddle a kid online because of free speech? That's why you're wrong. Want free speech for some, you got to have them for ALL groups. No matter how unsavory. That's the real slippery slope, not whats going on now

YOU can have all the free speech you want. It's called the privacy of your own home

Also, more regulations and government in business is really an awful way to do business. No thanks

But besides all that society I think is pretty fair at determining who and who does not get the right to be heard. Don't like it? Start your own platform, but remember do not discrimate. Let the paedophiles in

So we have a Troll as President? Well gee man. Isn't that just the epitome of what we all want?
Like I said give me a break

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:13:51 PM by Jesse »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
Well...3 years in prison for Trump's "fixer", Michael Cohen.

Reports are that Trump never left his residence today while they served up the sentence.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
 :lol1:

Unless there is a serious violation come to light, in which he will resign and have mike pence pardon him Trump will probably finish out his two years and hopefully doesnt get re-elected. (if he does I have lost all faith in our country) I suspect he will be charged out of office and face the real possibility of jail time.

The good news is Mike pence or anyone who is president will not be able to pardon him for state crimes, and the SDNY has stuff on him, if not already.. he is Individual 1 so hes already implicated in a crime, and then we don't have what Robert Mueller has at this point.

Donald is eyeballs deep in shit. Only way at this point for him not to face justice is to get re-elected for another term

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2018, 09:49:11 PM »
Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution:  “Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

So, the idea that Vice President Pence could pardon an impeached President Trump, appoint him as his VP and resign in order to restore status quo is not possible.

Remember Ford pardoned Nixon, but it happened before any indictments before a Grand Jury. Impeachment was not yet passed through Congress.

They wanted to impeach Clinton, but that got so fucked up, that before it was all over getting a blow job is not even mentionable, but sexual harassment is a HUGE crime, oral sex is not really sex and we still do not know what the "meaning of is is."

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:59:16 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2018, 09:53:02 PM »
Well...3 years in prison for Trump's "fixer", Michael Cohen.

Reports are that Trump never left his residence today while they served up the sentence.

That is only a part of the sentence.  He also has to pay over a million dollars in restitution and pay an outright fine of five hundred thousand dollars.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »
I wasn't working with the idea of Trump being impeached, rather him resigning 10 minutes before his shift ends, and Having President Pence pardon him. You can be pardoned for future crimes not yet convicted of, federally speaking.

No Donald Trumps problem is a state one, that's where he is in trouble. So even if Pence pardons him the state can still bring charges that he cannot run from
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:05:09 PM by Jesse »

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »
And Trump is such a slime ball I could totally see him doing something like that  :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
If the country has a problem with it, they can impeach Pence for doing so.

Depending on the scope of the pardon (I can't see it extending to all prior dealings), it is unlikely
that the cheeto's getting out of this free.

And THAT is why I don't know that impeachment (or even normal election results) are absolutely
going to be the determinant here. It all depends on how much he and supporting media can rouse
his support. 30% ain't enough to win an election, but it COULD win other ways.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2018, 02:59:20 AM »
Accusing people of racism rarely gets anyone anywhere.

Almost nobody who is a racist is actually aware that they are a racist. We (humans) absorb these attitudes and behaviours before we are old enough to realize that prejudice exists.

Trump thinks he is a man who respects women and people of all races.

Why are you personally racist
 I know you can't know anyone else's  thoughts but you know your own and yet are pretending an unconscious disassociate on or responsibility of your thoughts around race.

Translation, please. And ffs, fix the punctuation.

No.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »
The brevity's refreshing.

I feared the content might have suffered, but I don't think so. It makes about as much sense as usual.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Read the part where I say "they don't all see this..."

Classic gaslighting right there.   ::)

I guess you still don't see it? You admitted as much re Trump, a few posts back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein