Educational

Author Topic: No Spanking Laws  (Read 10667 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: No Spanking Laws
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
Kind of wish they had an isolation room when I was going to school :apondering:. I would have acted up just to get put in there away from the other kids.

I was a weird child. :autism:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
Kind of wish they had an isolation room when I was going to school :apondering:. I would have acted up just to get put in there away from the other kids.

I was a weird child. :autism:

Depends what kind of isolation it is. Locked up with someone guarding the door, as if you are kept prison, it would have completely freaked me out.
The option my kid has in primary school, to leave the classroom, and find a more quiet spot to work, that I would have loved indeed. And, when upset, there are hide-out places too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2013, 03:34:45 AM »
If I remember correctly, there was this Jewish school who used shock treatment (irony) on their special needs students.
We had a discussion about it her in 2006. Somewhere.  Probably in the AS advocacy section.

Judge Rotenberg Educational Center

Cunts. >:(
i remember that I went on a email campaign contacting several Jewish influence groups about their methods. Including the Simon Wiesenthal museum of tolerance.
I also, believe this was the main reason for the startup of THE WRONGED-AS advocacy forum.

Ah, yes. Whatever happened to that one?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2013, 07:29:52 AM »
None of the Jewish groups got back with me.

And the wronged is probably defunct, like DD.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
None of the Jewish groups got back with me.

And the wronged is probably defunct, like DD.

It is
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »
That's a bit sad. Not unexpected but sad. Spazzes are not the kind of group to keep any kind of activism going for long.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »
That's a bit sad. Not unexpected but sad. Spazzes are not the kind of group to keep any kind of activism going for long.
unless you take one of their sock puppets. :lol1:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »
unless you take one of their sock puppets. :lol1:

:lol1:

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2013, 05:50:39 AM »
If I remember correctly, there was this Jewish school who used shock treatment (irony) on their special needs students.
We had a discussion about it her in 2006. Somewhere.  Probably in the AS advocacy section.
Th JRC, as mentioned.

The way the place is run pulls for abusiveness.  I think employees have to sign some kind of NDA, even.  It's horrifying.

I would never condone kids being taken away from their family because they spanked them.  That would harm a lot of children.  That would be silly and achieve nothing.   

Then what would be the legal consequences for spanking? Small fine similar to a parking ticket? How many tickets is too many?
The goal of such a law is to prevent it from happening rather than introducing petty fines with the expectation that the law will be ignored.

It seems that the countries who have already taken steps to ban all forms of corporal punishment have had desirable effects.  The focus being on education more than prosecution.

This article is a little dated, (2002) but does give an idea of how the policy has been working in places like Sweden.
http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/725230/

Laws against physically punishing children have been used to educate parents rather than prosecute them. Jackie Cosh reports

Aban on smacking children was implemented in Sweden in 1979. Since then only four children have been killed after being assaulted by an adult, and only one of these was at the hands of a parent - one child in 23 years, compared with Britain's one child a week.
I'd like to know Sweden's baseline, though.  It's a powerful statistic, but it's backed up by comparing apples and oranges.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2013, 06:43:34 AM »
I think there is less spanking of kids in Sweden than in most other countries. It's incredibly hard to know anything about child abuse of any kind, though. It's not like people tell you that they beat or are getting beaten.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
Yes and the obvious flaw. Does smacking a childs backside for being naughty have the slightest correlation to child being beaten to deat?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
Yes and the obvious flaw. Does smacking a childs backside for being naughty have the slightest correlation to child being beaten to deat?

The only connection is the desire people have to decide how to run everyone else's lives.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »

You are missing the point. They aren't talking about that kid being beaten to death, they are talking about indirectly preventing violent crimes later in life.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »

The only connection is the desire people have to decide how to run everyone else's lives.

Especially the kid's. S/he is the one who doesn't have a choice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »

You are missing the point. They aren't talking about that kid being beaten to death, they are talking about indirectly preventing violent crimes later in life.

Replying to my own reply, here, but... I am talking about the overall statistics. The changed laws and their effects were big news, once, but the real benefit as advocated had less to do with the number of kids surviving childhood and more with the number of violent crimes later on. Lit, correct me if I remember this wrong.

- Albert Einstein