Educational

Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8526 times)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
Misanthropic? Me?  :angel:
You are on the right track, no doubt.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
IMO they should have public service announcement type films in the first year of high school targeted at bullies and other fuckups - 'COLUMBINE: it could happen to you'  :evillaugh:

If we didn't had had these cowardly gun laws here, I'd probably made my own Columbine in my upper teens, even before there ever was a Columbine in the US.  :evillaugh:

your thoughts are ahead of their time.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
IMO they should have public service announcement type films in the first year of high school targeted at bullies and other fuckups - 'COLUMBINE: it could happen to you'  :evillaugh:

If we didn't had had these cowardly gun laws here, I'd probably made my own Columbine in my upper teens, even before there ever was a Columbine in the US.  :evillaugh:

your thoughts are ahead of their time.

I know. I was just 8 when I first thought of killing bullies buy shooting them in their eyes with my automatic air gun, but I decided that it wouldn't work. By 15 I considered making TNT and blowing up the school, but I couldn't get hold of the strong acids needed for the reaction...

Offline apatura_iris

• Conspiracy Theorist of the Aspie Elite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 01:49:22 PM »
I'm reserving my judgement until I find out the AS kid's motivation.  Did he kill his bully?  Or was he acting randomly because he was a nut?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

Well I'm glad we have them, then. Are you implying that somehow it was a good thing that happened?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
I want them to make a study, based on time and the number of high schools in the country and the number of them that got shot up during that time, to explain what percentage chance you have of happening to you.  Because people get struck by lightning.... it could happen to you.... just not damn likely.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »

Well I'm glad we have them, then. Are you implying that somehow it was a good thing that happened?

I don't know the whole story, so I don't know if the victims deserved it or not.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
I want them to make a study, based on time and the number of high schools in the country and the number of them that got shot up during that time, to explain what percentage chance you have of happening to you.  Because people get struck by lightning.... it could happen to you.... just not damn likely.

i wonder if the violence in schools has anything to do with legislated parenting.

basically taking parenting tactics, and control away from the parents, and giving the control to the children.

hmmmmm.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »

I don't know the whole story, so I don't know if the victims deserved it or not.

Basically, these kids shot at everything in their way. Under what circumstances would any one of their targets "deserve" it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »
Basically, these kids shot at everything in their way. Under what circumstances would any one of their targets "deserve" it?

Other children who for instance had bullied these kids for years, making their lives living hell, would probably have deserved it. You're not innocent because you're under 18 or how old the bullies might have been.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »
In few cases when you question whether someone deserves something, if you consider all of the contributing factors to them doing what they did to put whether they deserved it in question, does the blame rest entirely on them.  So, I think people generally mean when they say someone deserved it, they look at only the most obvious and direct reasons.  (Which I support entirely in non serious issues, it isn't as much fun when you're totally fair.)
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 02:15:17 PM »
Sorry but I don't think bullying is an offense punishable by death.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »
what about rape?

the psychological damage done to either victim is hoorendous.
they literally kill a portion of a person that is the most worth while; confidence, optimism and trust.

what kind of a future do these victims generally have?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »

Not according to the law, no. But, as Hjalmar Söderberg wrote in Doktor Glas when about to poison that disgusting old pastor who legally (yes it was legal to do that in Sweden then) raped his young wife every night: "The law is ridiculous". That's my opinion too.

Litigious

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
what about rape?

the psychological damage done to either victim is hoorendous.
they literally kill a portion of a person that is the most worth while; confidence, optimism and trust.

what kind of a future do these victims generally have?

Same tought just 39 seconds before...+ McJ