Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8565 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2007, 02:50:57 PM »
Sorry but I don't think bullying is an offense punishable by death.
what about rape?

the psychological damage done to either victim is hoorendous.
they literally kill a portion of a person that is the most worth while; confidence, optimism and trust.

what kind of a future do these victims generally have?

Same tought just 39 seconds before...+ McJ

i just assumed that you were quicker since you are 9 hours ahead of me. ;)
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:01 PM »
i have always believed that the holy bible is chock full of common sense in how to live ones life well.

an eye for an eye
and spare the rod and spoil the child are two of the common sense teachings of the holy book.

do unto others, is, the golden rule.

:agreed:

Litigious

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »
what about rape?

they literally kill a portion of a person that is the most worth while; confidence, optimism and trust.

Haha, yes, might be.  ;)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2007, 02:55:50 PM »
I think he was a fairly normal kid.  And the biggest difference between him and another kid is that he was able to ignore that doing this would fuck up his life just enough to actually allow him to do it.  Either exposure to that reality hadn't been extensive enough to put the fear of god into him about the justice system in this country or he just managed to make himself ignore that reality while doing it.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
what about rape?

Haha, yes, might be.  ;)

since i am at such a disadvantage i have learned to think very quickly in order to remain competitive. 8)
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »
If we didn't had had these cowardly gun laws here, I'd probably made my own Columbine in my upper teens, even before there ever was a Columbine in the US.  :evillaugh:

Well I'm glad we have them, then.

Me too, and I still wish we had those laws here.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »

:agreed:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:51 PM »
that guy was a nut. AS doesn't make anyone stab someone, nor does bullying. nor does school sucking. nor does loneliness or boredom. i've suffered from all those and i did not stab anyone. when you are capable of stabbing someone, you'd got something seriously wrong INSIDE. the outside "reasons" count not.

Ditto.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
I think he was a fairly normal kid.  And the biggest difference between him and another kid is that he was able to ignore that doing this would fuck up his life just enough to actually allow him to do it.  Either exposure to that reality hadn't been extensive enough to put the fear of god into him about the justice system in this country or he just managed to make himself ignore that reality while doing it.

i disagree. even if i could get away with stabbing someone, i wouldn't do it unless someone had totally pushed me over the edge and driven me insane. but i don't go around not stabbing people because i am afraid of god, i don't stab people because i would not want to cause pain to someone. not even the bullies at school.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 03:13:02 PM »
I'm with Milla. I too was bullied enough to be psychologically effected by it, but I don't wish death on any of the people who bullied me. I never even fantasized about killing them or harming them in any way. If I wished anything on them, it would be the loneliness and isolation I felt, not death. For them to learn a lesson and change, not die. And people do change. Someone who bullied me and made my life miserable when I was a young kid actually gave me a hug after our high school graduation.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
I said fear of god as a figure of speech, like the level of fear that those that have the fear of god in them have.  And he probably did get so pissed people put him over the edge.  Not to insanity, but to a point where he didn't mind that the rest of his life would be ruined, he needed to thrash out.  If you have never experienced anger so intense you actually, for even a moment, say 'fuck the consequences, this mother fucker deserves whats coming to him', you are far from experiencing the heights of human anger.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
I'm with Milla. I too was bullied enough to be psychologically effected by it, but I don't wish death on any of the people who bullied me. I never even fantasized about killing them or harming them in any way. If I wished anything on them, it would be the loneliness and isolation I felt, not death. For them to learn a lesson and change, not die. And people do change. Someone who bullied me and made my life miserable when I was a young kid actually gave me a hug after our high school graduation.
yet the psychological effects on you remain in your adult life.
you suffer with depression likely due to:
it would be the loneliness and isolation I felt

you have thoughts of suicide, at times.

what have they taken from you?  is it fair?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
it's not fair but that doesn't mean they should die...and there were other factors that also contributed to my depression anyway

Graelwyn

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »
I was seriously bullied at school for all of my school life. I only once retaliated, and that was when I was not eating and some girl called me fatso, even though I was not eating and was losing weight. I just kicked her as hard as I could and ran out. But my thoughts when someone upsets me can be highly violent and vicious. Although I don't think I could ever carry anything out, I have had horrible thoughts..when I am in a rage, I am in a major rage and I do end up feeling guilty for the things I say and think when in the midst of a rage. I remember many an occasion where I would smash things in my rage, often things my mother had given me, when she misunderstood me. I can well believe some with AS are capable of all kinds, but then, so are non AS people who have other issues that might cause a lack of anger control.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »
Going on a killing spree in a school, shooting everyone in your way, isn't about justice. It's about insanity.

And no, I don't believe in capital punishment, McJ. I don't believe in the eye for an eye kind of "justice".

i have always believed that the holy bible is chock full of common sense in how to live ones life well.

an eye for an eye
and spare the rod and spoil the child are two of the common sense teachings of the holy book.

do unto others, is, the golden rule.

Turn the other cheek?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein