Educational

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 13696 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2021, 09:16:55 PM »
Thank you.
 :thumbup:

Not quite sure what for.  :LOL:

(Nevermind, just read the other thread.)

You know so much music I've never even heard of. My pop culture knowledge is not fantastic even for stuff of my own generation. I went and looked some up though, just out of curiosity.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2021, 09:27:35 PM »
And here's me still on P!nk.

This used to be my convention networking inspiration song, back when I was trying to figure out bars and parties and all that, for the sole purpose of career.

:cookie:

:LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2021, 07:10:59 AM »
Morning news on the telly.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
An approaching thunderstorm.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2021, 07:55:58 PM »
An approaching thunderstorm.

One just passed here now all I hear is the fan
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2021, 08:58:16 PM »
Blessed silence.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2021, 10:11:55 PM »
Thank you.

You know so much music I've never even heard of. My pop culture knowledge is not fantastic even for stuff of my own generation. I went and looked some up though, just out of curiosity.

Tommy James was a 60s pop icon. Many "hit" songs on the radio and radio ruled music in that era. I learned to roller skate at our only local rink around 13 years of age while three girls competed for my attention, all the time "Crimson And Clover" among many others, blasted from every corner of the building. There were three of us guys hanging out and wishing we knew what to do with the girls chasing after us. I kissed all three at different times.
Only fucked one though and we were in our late 20s when that reunion occurred. Many years before I even met my wife to be.

Good times. Hot rods, bonfires and tailgating in the parking lot, all the cool guys out there drinking, smoking and waiting for the bored  "legal age"  skaters to wander out. Us young punks were inside skating and needing a ride home from daddy or mommy envious of anyone with a car.
 :autism:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:14:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2021, 10:19:45 PM »
Today, I've been streaming music ... mostly blues, including Joe Bonamassa, of course.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #458 on: July 28, 2021, 12:06:30 PM »
Today, I've been streaming music ... mostly blues, including Joe Bonamassa, of course.

He ROCKS.  :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2021, 04:42:47 PM »
Tommy James was a 60s pop icon. Many "hit" songs on the radio and radio ruled music in that era. I learned to roller skate at our only local rink around 13 years of age while three girls competed for my attention, all the time "Crimson And Clover" among many others, blasted from every corner of the building. There were three of us guys hanging out and wishing we knew what to do with the girls chasing after us. I kissed all three at different times.
Only fucked one though and we were in our late 20s when that reunion occurred. Many years before I even met my wife to be.

Good times. Hot rods, bonfires and tailgating in the parking lot, all the cool guys out there drinking, smoking and waiting for the bored  "legal age"  skaters to wander out. Us young punks were inside skating and needing a ride home from daddy or mommy envious of anyone with a car.

:laugh: By the time I was growing up, roller skating was a place the elementary school took all the crossing guards and playground "peacekeepers" (that was a fucking demon child of 80's pop psychology extreme bastardization of Nathaniel Branden  :puke:) as a treat at the end of the year. Not a punk in sight. Little eleven year olds running up to the boys and saying "my friend wants to know if you'll skate with her".

:roar:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: July 29, 2021, 05:19:41 AM »

:laugh: By the time I was growing up, roller skating was a place the elementary school took all the crossing guards and playground "peacekeepers" (that was a fucking demon child of 80's pop psychology extreme bastardization of Nathaniel Branden  :puke:) as a treat at the end of the year. Not a punk in sight. Little eleven year olds running up to the boys and saying "my friend wants to know if you'll skate with her".

:roar:

Skating, (especially opening a rink) in its "heyday"  was considered a cash cow for many types of businesses, some criminal. As I grew more aware of what makes the  "World Go 'round,"  I saw this stuff more clearly.

I feel that set of relevancies might have ruined skating for all of us, in the long run. What about a mean to a better end?

I have seen in my mind's eye a future, as have many, where each person was more free and the shoes that everyone wears propel them by power.
What are we waiting for?!!!?   Another message from Mercury?
:hair:

Well, it's not really that bad in my own mind, but, I am right! Even BTTF points out a possible version.

We already have small drones that can carry over two hundred pounds of ordinance. Can't we also carry the same size bag of mostly water balanced above the mechanism, instead of under? You know I am right.

Honestly, I have enjoyed the memories of that time, recently, even more than I indulged in the frustration of future not yet arriving.
 :trollskull:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2021, 05:31:30 AM »
OT:

Miles Davis in his "electric exploration,"  early on in the 70s at Fillmore and RCMH.
Actually shuffling CDs, because I have bought several collections in the past year and have yet to rip them to my system. (eBay was a blessing last year with everyone else worried about money and selling everything. I was not worried yet and took advantage.)
:hide:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:34:29 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: July 29, 2021, 05:49:57 AM »
Thank you.

Have you ever played with a friend or a chat group using text by just hitting the middle word suggested or something?
This was my idea for a similar game to play using a "sign off"  with each post and all parties making fun of the result for fun. Just for fun as just fun. Nothing more.
Too little too late, though. I am not in a condition to play internet games right now, but I wish I was. I wish I had nothing better to do, sometimes. Until we are Re-Dwelled it will be this way.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: July 29, 2021, 07:28:34 AM »
R.I.P.  Dusty Hill

Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #464 on: July 29, 2021, 11:26:16 AM »