Author Topic: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »

I am going to write as I have written for the last 11 years on here irrespective of what style or manner people may prefer

Except you don't write as how you have written for the last 11 years...5-11 years ago you were at least coherent.

Yeah, I don't remember Les being this problematic to read back when I used to be on here.

Maybe you and I, and nearly everyone else here are the ones who are slipping though, and Les is the only
one who still can make coherent sense. We all somehow, without even contact between one another,
have invented our own way of thinking and understanding.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
This thread is so annoying. Word salad has a meaning; this is not it. Autistics lack theory of mind; this is not narcissism.

Word salad has a meaning. Narcissistic word salad also has a meaning. You can google it and find multiple consistent descriptions and accounts of what Narcissistic word salad is (as I did in the first 3 posts of this thread).

Autistics lack theory of mind. Does that mean that they cannot be narcissists? Or sociopaths?

Being on the spectrum doesn't rule out other disorders...like narcissism, OCD, bi-polar, borderline, schizotypal, or schizoid.

Having one does not eliminate the other.

I would say that that is very obviously the case.....
The case of what?

That having autistic traits does not disqualify you from being a narcissist or a sociopath.

There may have been an intentional iota of snark in my comment. You be the judge.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
You be the judge.
Okay. I think you've been armchair diagnosing Sir Les, but wont come right out and say it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2018, 04:40:52 PM »
Isn't autism a spectrum rather than a binary condition?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
You be the judge.
Okay. I think you've been armchair diagnosing Sir Les, but wont come right out and say it.

He can armchair psychoanalyse me. He can wear his pants on his head to work. The fact he can do these things lends it no credibility simply on basis that it is possible for him to do.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 04:49:36 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2018, 04:48:54 PM »
Yeah, I don't remember Les being this problematic to read back when I used to be on here.
Have to agree with a number of things. Have often over the years found Sir Les difficult to read, due to analogies and theoreticals which make me think about other things. He's verbose and ventures too far from the point, but one things true, he's always done it as long as knowing him. However do also think in recent years he's purposely made the entire board unpleasant spreading arguments around, focused on one thing at the expense of others, and that's something he didn't do in the past. This is what upsets me, so thinking maybe also others.

Talking about you in third person, Sir Les, but thinking it's nothing I haven't said directly to you before.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »
From my understanding, certain personality disorders must first be rules out for an autism diagnosis to be given, and if a personality disorder is present, then it's regarded and treated as primary diagnosis. Haven't read the DSMIV so could stand corrected on that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »
From my understanding, certain personality disorders must first be rules out for an autism diagnosis to be given, and if a personality disorder is present, then it's regarded and treated as primary diagnosis. Haven't read the DSMIV so could stand corrected on that.

Yup, true for DSMIV. I think you need to rule out at least schizophrenia and probably some others. I *think* DSMV changes this a bit since it redefines autism as a spectrum and removes distinct disorders such as AS.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
Have to agree with a number of things. Have often over the years found Sir Les difficult to read, due to analogies and theoreticals which make me think about other things. He's verbose and ventures too far from the point, but one things true, he's always done it as long as knowing him. However do also think in recent years he's purposely made the entire board unpleasant spreading arguments around, focused on one thing at the expense of others, and that's something he didn't do in the past. This is what upsets me, so thinking maybe also others.

Talking about you in third person, Sir Les, but thinking it's nothing I haven't said directly to you before.

No, and I think that is all fairly presented
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
You be the judge.

That would be a fair assessment.

Form opinion. Share information that may lead others to the same opinion (if they weren't already there). Boldly stating an opinion and expecting others to share it is sometimes less effective.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »
You be the judge.

Form opinion. Share information that may lead others to the same opinion (if they weren't already there). Boldly stating an opinion and expecting others to share it is sometimes less effective.

Effective at.what exactly?

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2018, 05:59:44 PM »
Effective at leading people to the truth. To the elephant in the room that may appear to have slipped their notice.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »
You be the judge.

Personally think autistics get too much of that sort of crap. Though thanks for the clarification; haven't previously struck as the passive aggressive type. That's a big bush to beat around.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »
You be the judge.

Personally think autistics get too much of that sort of crap. Though thanks for the clarification; haven't previously struck as the passive aggressive type. That's a big bush to beat around.

Armchair diagnosing Al is a big bush?

Also if I were genuinely passive aggressive by nature I wouldn't spell out exactly what I'm doing. Or maybe I would?

Look, it obviously hasn't led you to the same opinion as me, and that's fine. I'm not trying to make you think like me, just giving you the opportunity. Big difference.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »
Effective at leading people to the truth. To the elephant in the room that may appear to have slipped their notice.

Very Regina George of you there. This is not AFF and that kind of passive aggressive bs wont take you as far here