Educational

Author Topic: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
I think I need a butthurt sig. Odeon copped one for a single reference to someone's daughter, and whether that was in an insulting or degrading way doesn't seem to be of importance. I have copped multiple insulting references to a member of my family.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »
This thread is so annoying. Word salad has a meaning; this is not it. Autistics lack theory of mind; this is not narcissism.

Word salad has a meaning. Narcissistic word salad also has a meaning. You can google it and find multiple consistent descriptions and accounts of what Narcissistic word salad is (as I did in the first 3 posts of this thread).

Autistics lack theory of mind. Does that mean that they cannot be narcissists? Or sociopaths?

Being on the spectrum doesn't rule out other disorders...like narcissism, OCD, bi-polar, borderline, schizotypal, or schizoid.

Having one does not eliminate the other.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2018, 10:21:44 PM »
This thread is so annoying. Word salad has a meaning; this is not it. Autistics lack theory of mind; this is not narcissism.

Word salad has a meaning. Narcissistic word salad also has a meaning. You can google it and find multiple consistent descriptions and accounts of what Narcissistic word salad is (as I did in the first 3 posts of this thread).

Autistics lack theory of mind. Does that mean that they cannot be narcissists? Or sociopaths?

Being on the spectrum doesn't rule out other disorders...like narcissism, OCD, bi-polar, borderline, schizotypal, or schizoid.

I would say that that is very obviously the case.....
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »

Sorry, the "I was just...I was just" was never a strong narrative and no you were not "just" doing any of that.

You were falsely implying I had a Psychological disorder as a way to dismiss my points of concern and to back the cowardly leader.

You are lying.when you say otherwise. You are lying because you are a liar. Your attempts to make "reasonable" excuses are pathetic, childish, and cowardly.

Told you that you would make a good student of Odeon
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

You can mount a better defence than that Icequeen. You have to step it up because Odeon is not active
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Your attempts to twist the narrative are as transparent as your ridiculous, excessive verbosity. I am not hiding from your pompous and feeble-minded attacks and gaslighting.

Mental disorder? Well, if the shoe fits, write a 10,000 word butthurt monologue denying that it's even a shoe!

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »

Do you hit your kids like your parents hit you? I would hit you if you hit yourself too...

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 12:29:29 AM »

Sorry, the "I was just...I was just" was never a strong narrative and no you were not "just" doing any of that.

See? This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. It's like you've made some additional assumptions,
and then act as though we all followed them.

Such obscurantism is fine when you're playing with only a few words (especially without the quote), because it becomes a game.
But then, you usually post a whole wall of such, and it comes down to a pile of nonsense.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2018, 01:00:42 AM »

See? This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. It's like you've made some additional assumptions,

Such obscurantism is fine when you're playing with only a few words (especially without the quote), because it becomes a game.
But then, you usually post a whole wall of such, and it comes down to a pile of nonsense.

I can't understand Al's gobbledygook about 90% of the time. But this time I suspect that he is referring to an exchange where he accused me of starting this thread in order to imply that he was some kind of narcissist and that he was posting word salad.

Imagine that!

Of course I pointed out that I was just sharing this information as other members might find it interesting. Isn't that the point of forums, to share interesting information?

I mean, why would anyone leap to the conclusion that a thread about narcissistic word salad was about them? That's kinda paranoid!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »
Your attempts to twist the narrative are as transparent as your ridiculous, excessive verbosity. I am not hiding from your pompous and feeble-minded attacks and gaslighting.

Mental disorder? Well, if the shoe fits, write a 10,000 word butthurt monologue denying that it's even a shoe!

Indeed. You are presenting a narrative that is absurd, dishonest and childish. If anything deserves to be "twisted" it is this narrative. In fact, metaphorically taking it out back and putting a bullet between its eyes would have been more humane.

You are absolutely hiding. You wrote this purely as an attack against me and tried to non-too-subtly imply my posting style is this very word salad, THUS dismissing and invalidating any proposition I have and ULTIMATELY supporting Odeon. Gaslighting. (You obviously have a psychological disorder and therefore are not worth listening to and therefore we can pre-emptively acquit anything you say a not worth listening to). Except of course there is no Psychological disorder. The attempts you make to align random behaviours or interpretation of intentions from me into a psychologically disturbed trait, can (and Scrap has done it to you over and over) be applied just as Liberally to you or Odeon.

The premise was dishonest fro the outset and NO amount of hiding behind. "I just did it because i thought it would be interesting for others" or "it was not actually directed at anyone" or any such bullshit, is going to work.

Try a new narrative.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 03:18:24 AM »

Cal, I will spell this out mate because apparently I did not make it resoundingly clear last time.

NOT CATERING TO YOUR 20 WORD POST COUNT PREFERENCE......AT ALL.

Hope that is a little clearer. You may disagree with my decision or think I should post how you like rather than how I have been posting for 11 years on here but it is not happening. At all.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 04:23:32 AM »

The ability to google something doesn't lend credit to the information or it's source. Word salad has a meaning and it doesn't mean manipulation tactics which disorient people. Narcissist understand how others think and use that knowledge with self serving intent. Do believe autistics lack this quality of master manipulators, and the lack of TOM can be misinterpreted as deliberate.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 04:32:53 AM »

I would say that that is very obviously the case.....
The case of what?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2018, 05:08:20 AM »

The ability to google something doesn't lend credit to the information or it's source. Word salad has a meaning and it doesn't mean manipulation tactics which disorient people. Narcissist understand how others think and use that knowledge with self serving intent. Do believe autistics lack this quality of master manipulators, and the lack of TOM can be misinterpreted as deliberate.

No, it does and this effort is transparently and on-its-face disingenuous.
The truth is that whilst I am sure they can look at the list of traits and interpret certain things I have done or said as Narcissistic or whatever, I can do similar to them. It does not ACTUALLY mean a fucking thing and they know this.

But then this is not and was never about truth any more than it was about finding something interesting. It was narrative spinning and so evidently in their "What a minute let's not throw this narrative out completely because surely Autistic people can be Narcissists and therefore let's keep this in play to pretend that members here are Narcissists AND as members who have Psychological conditions, they are to have their opinions dismissed and get mocked".

It is weak and transparently pathetic. 

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2018, 07:01:52 AM »
The term "Word Salad" carries multiple meanings.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-salad

...and for all I knew when I first clicked over this thread was that it could have referred to Trump...before someone else decided to "own" it.