Educational

Author Topic: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »
I'm curious as to where we need to "exactly" draw the line mentioning our kids and family?

Don't ever mention the word daughter or son?
Only don't mention it to someone who we feel wants to argue with us?
Don't mention it to people if you don't know where you stand on the above?
Only mention it if someone else brings it up first?
Put both words in the swear filter just in case, one of us old farts fucks it up?

Since we seem to do it frequently, because our families ARE a big part of our lives. We share some of their trials and achievements without a second though, and others share in that...sometimes we get frustrated as parents and we vent, other's offer something helpful or vent along with us.

My understanding was we don't bring them into arguments as tools to use against us, use them as weapons, or in other harmful derogatory ways. Basically: Keep it personal.

I honestly did not see that from the get go on this...I saw an off hand remark asking someone to reflect on their personal life experience, and would that, or would that not...change things?

Parents ask other parents this all the time...we ask to gain reflection from politicians, doctors, our parents, parents of kids like ours...sometimes to understand their viewpoint, sometimes in an attempt for them to understand ours.

I think your understanding is accurate.

Don't ever mention the word daughter or son?
Stupid.
Only don't mention it to someone who we feel wants to argue with us?
Hopefully common sense.
Don't mention it to people if you don't know where you stand on the above?
Or just know if you do mention it, it might be taken wrong.
Only mention it if someone else brings it up first?
Depends whose family you're talking about?
Put both words in the swear filter just in case, one of us old farts fucks it up?
LOL I hope that's not necessary.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »
That's what I thought I did. Al obviously disagrees.

Thing is, I don't know what he is like as a parent, but from what I've read, he loves his daughter and would do pretty much anything for her. I respect that and have no reason whatsoever to doubt it. I have a daughter, too, and so that, I've thought in the past, is common ground.

But you and Al don't have the history of goodwill which needs to back up a comment like that.

To me it seems intuitively obvious that given the hate between you two, it wouldn't be taken in good faith. I mean you called him cowardly and dishonest in the same breath. That's not looking for common ground. Granted what's intuitive to me is not going to be so for others. It did seem like you were trying to score internet points against Scrap by invoking Al's fatherhood as well.

I wasn't *looking for* common ground, I simply pointed it out. As for "scoring internet points", I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. You're overanalysing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2018, 05:33:15 AM »
Agree with Al, angry is good and it's actually pretty entertaining. If you don't like angry, butthurt people saying mean things to each other then it's a big internet with plenty of safe spaces.

Sometimes I do wonder if Al has trained a monkey to hit random keys for hours on end. Not sure if he's rewarding that monkey with bananas or something less holy.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2018, 05:42:51 AM »
That's what I thought I did. Al obviously disagrees.

Thing is, I don't know what he is like as a parent, but from what I've read, he loves his daughter and would do pretty much anything for her. I respect that and have no reason whatsoever to doubt it. I have a daughter, too, and so that, I've thought in the past, is common ground.

But you and Al don't have the history of goodwill which needs to back up a comment like that.

To me it seems intuitively obvious that given the hate between you two, it wouldn't be taken in good faith. I mean you called him cowardly and dishonest in the same breath. That's not looking for common ground. Granted what's intuitive to me is not going to be so for others. It did seem like you were trying to score internet points against Scrap by invoking Al's fatherhood as well.

I wasn't *looking for* common ground, I simply pointed it out. As for "scoring internet points", I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. You're overanalysing.

That is the most stupid narrative yet. No one buys that. I think even your buttplug Minister of Silly Walks would have a hard time backing that.

So you were insulting me and suddenly a reference to my Fatherhood and my daughter pops on the next sentence COMPLETELY without contextualisation and reference to anything that was said immediately prior to. You just thought you would remind me that you remember I had a daughter.

BULLSHIT!

It is by far the worst narrative to date.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:57 AM »
As for "scoring internet points", I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. You're overanalysing.

#5 and #1.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »

I don't think I am.

Whether it was a flippant comment from your perspective doesn't matter. It doesn't change how simple it would have been to back off when you saw you'd crossed a line.

Do I really have to spell out for you what scoring internet points might mean?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:49 PM »

I don't think I am.

Whether it was a flippant comment from your perspective doesn't matter. It doesn't change how simple it would have been to back off when you saw you'd crossed a line.

Do I really have to spell out for you what scoring internet points might mean?

In this case, yes. It's fairly obvious that you don't see my pov at all

But better yet, don't bother. This is a tempest in a teapot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »
Good. I'd rather not.

Yet another theory-of-mind thing, huh? It doesn't matter whether I agree with you or not either. The point is that different people interpret things different ways.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
Good. I'd rather not.

Yet another theory-of-mind thing, huh? It doesn't matter whether I agree with you or not either. The point is that different people interpret things different ways.

What IS fairly obvious is that Odeon has got behind the position that questioning other people's parenting, bring their children into premises to attack them and so on is a tempest in a teapot.

Whilst he has roundly.condemned and moderated others in the past, he is endorsing it now. I am not the only parent on here and I can adapt to these new rules

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »

Whilst he has roundly.condemned and moderated others in the past

Condemning is one thing. You're free to continue your little crusade too.

Abusing the admin position, if it happens again, has one and only one solution. And that's for everyone to
get the hell out of dodge again. This place loses everything it stands for when the staff acts like petty dictators.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2018, 06:03:17 PM »
Good. I'd rather not.

What IS fairly obvious is that Odeon has got behind the position that questioning other people's parenting, bring their children into premises to attack them and so on is a tempest in a teapot.

Whilst he has roundly.condemned and moderated others in the past, he is endorsing it now. I am not the only parent on here and I can adapt to these new rules

So the new rule appears to be that you can ask people to consider something from the point of view of a parent. Or a son. Or a husband/wife. I can also adapt to this new rule.

You already appear to have unilaterally adopted a rule where you can insult people's family members and imply inappropriate and illegal relationships with them. You are a hypocrite of the highest order.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2018, 06:18:30 PM »
A long time ago I would have loved to get into a knock-down, drag-out with Callaway about parenting. But I held my tongue, because of the precedent about keeping people's families out of things, even when others were trying to goad us into it.

I also recognized that it would have gotten real ugly, real fast.

If the precedent is changing, I hope Odeon doesn't whine and complain when somebody eventually turns it round on him.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »
Would now be a good time for me to ask odeot's daughter out on a date??   :autism:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »
A long time ago I would have loved to get into a knock-down, drag-out with Callaway about parenting. But I held my tongue, because of the precedent about keeping people's families out of things, even when others were trying to goad us into it.

I also recognized that it would have gotten real ugly, real fast.

If the precedent is changing, I hope Odeon doesn't whine and complain when somebody eventually turns it round on him.

Of course he will. He will do as he did with Vodzy way back when.
He will reframe it. He cares for his own brood and not for mine so he does not care. That has always been Odeon.